Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I still prefer the original Raimi Spider-man movies over the version of Spider-man that Marvel is currently selling. They had a lot of heart and there is a timeless feel about them, and that book does seem like an interesting curiosity I would want to peruse.
    Yeah, those movies tie with the Ultimate comics as my favorite versions of the character. The novelization was written by Peter David (who also did some Spidey comics back in the day) and he does a pretty good job at it, with quite a few extra scenes that add a lot to the story. There are some bits and pieces that don't mesh with the later movies and I don't personally consider anything in it to be canon to the films, but it's worth the look if you loved the film trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    They did name drop Dr. Strange during Spider-man 2, but that's all I can think of as far as them referring to a larger MU.
    Oh, yeah, that's right. Pretty funny, although I kinda wonder if its the "real" Strange or someone else with the same name. That original novelization also had a cameo from Daredevil's father, and mentioned characters like Bruce Banner and Hank Pym living off-camera.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only way I see it "co-existing" is some Spiders have web-shooters and some have organic webbing.

So basically how it is now in the comics.
    This is how I feel about the subject as well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Nanites connected directly to the brain could allow for different types of organic webbing to be thought up and utilized by the user, instead of just the standard variety.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Nanites connected directly to the brain could allow for different types of organic webbing to be thought up and utilized by the user, instead of just the standard variety.
    Sounds like the Spider-Man equivalent to Extremis .

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like the Spider-Man equivalent to Extremis .
    Well, if it works, it works. And it might be a nice nod to the MCU where Peter is being set up to be Stark's heir.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."