Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Kryptonite here meaning "still able to deal with it better than anyone else".

I'm sorry, it's just that all this reminds me more of meme Chuck Norris or Axe Cop or something as opposed to a serious character.

I remember watching a movie with this guy back in the day and his world didn't seem that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Kryptonite here meaning "still able to deal with it better than anyone else".

I'm sorry, it's just that all this reminds me more of meme Chuck Norris or Axe Cop or something as opposed to a serious character.

I remember watching a movie with this guy back in the day and his world didn't seem that powerful.
    Oh, I agree with you man ... but unfortunately, feats play here. That is our kryptonite.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Anime D is drastically watered down from his novel counterpart.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

He's also gotten far crazier over time. He was always pretty high-end, but the absolutely ridiculous stuff took a while to show up. He used to have some limits to worry about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He shrugged off having his insides turned into a sun. I figure he's sufficiently broken enough to get a pass.

The more I read about this guy though, the larger the headache.
    Uhhhh what?

BANNED

1. (Transcending space-time. EDIT: This also shows that he is immune to the effects of the Akashic Records. If you read the highlighted text, Matthew, the guy controlling the Akashic Records, knew that D was going to kill him as the Records allow him to see and control the past, present, and future. He knew D was going to kill him, but he said that he would change that, but he couldn't and he was killed anyway, meaning D is immune to the Akashic Records' powers, meaning D is immune to reality warping, causality / probability manipulation, and history manipulation.) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 17: Tyrant's Stars - Part Three & Four]
    SPOILER: Click to show

2. (Split a guy forehead's open mid-teleportation, said guy could teleport to the end of the universe instantly) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 17: Tyrant's Stars - Part Three & Four]

3. (MFTL reactions, natural Star-level+ durability (The particle beam was 100 million degrees hot, much hotter than the core of our sun) and the ability to absorb energy that could destroy giant planets in a snap. NOTE: Light takes 3 minutes to travel from Mars to Earth) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 17: Tyrant's Stars - Part Three & Four]

4. (EDIT: I, unfortunately, have misinterpreted this feat. Thanks to "reikai" for clearing it up, here is their explanation:
    "It wasn't the actual Milky Way. It was a warped space created by Clulu, part reality manipulation and part psychic mind f*ckery given the Chtonic origin of the Elder God and that normal laws of physics don't apply within that Fortress because of Clulu's presence. It was more like a veil to drive you bonkers and what Left Hand did was remove the veil to pull D out of the warped space.") [Vampire Hunter D Volume 18: Fortress of the Elder God]

5. (Conceptual attacks. D's attacks cuts through the fount of life itself, something that is much more fundamental and abstract than the soul. There is no possible way to recover from a wound dealt by cutting through the fount of life, and if you die you will stay dead. NOTE: Top-Tier Nobles like Valcua could regenerate from any wound on a whim, even being shredded into tiny scraps of flesh scattered about.) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 17: Tyrant's Stars - Part Three & Four]

6. (Ability to bypass the laws of the physical dimension. Collapsed a Black Hole by stabbing it.) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 16: Tyrant's Stars Part One & Two]

7. (Breaking through an eternally sealed dimension. The force behind D's attack that broke said dimension was so massive it warped the space-time continuum that lies outside of it, events in the past were being altered, even an alpha-class black hole disappeared.) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 2: Raiser of Gales]

8. (Negated having himself transmuted into a star. Immunity to Matter Manipulation.) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 15: Dark Road]

9. (Stands in an area as dense as a black hole with no trouble.) [Vampire Hunter D Volume 2: Raiser of Gales]

Looks like someone copy pasted an entire respect thread, which makes all the "SPOILER:Click to show"s quite funny since they copied everything but the most relevant parts

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Looks like someone copy pasted an entire respect thread, which makes all the "SPOILER:Click to show"s quite funny since they copied everything but the most relevant parts
    That's what makes it great.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

There was also the time against grey the lancer where he created a duplicate of him by punching a supernova in another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    There was also the time against grey the lancer where he created a duplicate of him by punching a supernova in another direction.
    .....I can't tell if that's a joke or a serious thing he did.
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    .....I can't tell if that's a joke or a serious thing he did.
    With D, aren't those the same things?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Who writes the Vampire Hunter D?

I both mock and covet his ability to write the purest primordial middle school wish fulfilment.

I both mock and covet his ability to write the purest primordial middle school wish fulfilment.
    Hideyuki Kikuchi, who also wrote Wicked City, Darkside Blues, and Demon City Shinjuku.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Hideyuki Kikuchi, who also wrote Wicked City, Darkside Blues, and Demon City Shinjuku.
    Ah yes. That weird stuff I remember catching on TV randomly in the mid-90s when I was way too young .

That makes sense.

BANNED

You mean anime?