Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    217

    Default Will Bruce and Selina get married?

    For real this time. What does everyone think? Is that what will happen at the end of King's run, to spin off the new Batman/Catwoman series?

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,390

    Default

    I think there is a better chance they will than they won't, especially given the recent Phantasm teaser.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,796

    Default

    I doubt it.. I feel bad for the people that believed this.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Eh. Don't care. The moment's gone.

    #50 would've been a good moment because of the lead-up, but #75 after 25 issues of angst I'm not enthused.

  5. #5
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,335

    Default

    I haven't read the King run, I'm one of those who don't believe heroes should get married or have kids, and even I stopped caring. Like, it's been dragging so long and been so much news and teases and blegh, that I'm completely meh about something I was terribly against. Probably worse for the fans who were actually for this and following it by now.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,118

    Default

    Normally, I don't mind subverting tropes, but if all it does is pointlessly extend the story to round back to it, I'm not a fan.

    Bruce and Selina marrying? Sure. But that should have been done in #50. Not 105 or whatever its going to be now.

  7. #7
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    7,160

    Default

    No, I don't think so, I think Tom King knows that's not specifically the right way to deal with Batman/Catwoman.

    They don't need marriage. And both have been so much better without it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm one of those who don't believe heroes should get married or have kids.
    I'm the same way, generally speaking (of course there may be certain exceptions).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-13-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Thank you AMericA for votinG for chAnge.

  8. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    I don’t think they will. First of all Jones still has a book and she’s not a fan of that idea

    We’ll probably get some superficial lovey dovey filler stuff until 85 leading people to think all’s going well. Selina will continue to take the spotlight and Batman fans will be annoyed. (I think that’s his goal btw to make people sick of batcat.)

    Then Tom will do a swerve in the mini leaving her high and dry. Maybe she gets jilted this time. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce ended up with Andrea

    Somewhere in there is psycho pirate. He’s probably responsible for this.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    I don’t think they will. First of all Jones still has a book and she’s not a fan of that idea
    What did she say?

  10. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    What did she say?
    https://twitter.com/sarabethpollock/...102826496?s=21

    I think it was at a comic con or something. Don’t necessarily think Tom is joking. Plus, she hasn’t really made any effort to connect to his story. One would think 75 being so momentous both books would lead up to it.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,825

    Default

    Will Bruce get a vasectomy?

    (Does he really need / want another Damian?)

  12. #12
    Fantastic Member RickWJ324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Can someone clarify the whole marriage thing a bit for me? So, the world knows Selina Kyle is Catwoman. The marriage that was going to take place was Batman and Catwoman getting married, NOT Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, correct? IF that were the case, then Bruce and Selina could've never been together in public, no living together, etc.?! Am I right on this? If so, then what's really the point of Bat and Cat announcing they are married, so the villains know she's his wife?? What other benefit is there?

    Also, who was the preacher that was going to marry them? Did he know their true identities? If so, WTF??!!

    Sorry... just a little confused.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Can someone clarify the whole marriage thing a bit for me? So, the world knows Selina Kyle is Catwoman. The marriage that was going to take place was Batman and Catwoman getting married, NOT Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, correct? IF that were the case, then Bruce and Selina could've never been together in public, no living together, etc.?! Am I right on this? If so, then what's really the point of Bat and Cat announcing they are married, so the villains know she's his wife?? What other benefit is there?

    Also, who was the preacher that was going to marry them? Did he know their true identities? If so, WTF??!!

    Sorry... just a little confused.
    Tom King explained in a Podcast interview around the time that no one knows selina was living at Wayne Manor. She was wearing wigs and was always disguised.
    In public Bruce was still keeping up his Playboy persona.
    So while the world knew that Selina Kyle was Catwoman no one knew that Bruce Wayne was dating Selina.


    Bruce found a very drunk judge in a bar to conduct the marriage on the night.

    Well the benefit for the marriage is Cash in the real world and writer acclaim. In story there is none. King's story has been done before. There is nothing new.

    The idea/possibility of a wedding is getting a good deal of BatCat fans who don't follow comics to engage. The writer found a hook and a fanbase to exploit and he's milking it for all it's worth. Marrying Selina doesn't makes a lick of difference to Batman aside from that he will be fake married for the first time.
    Bruce has proposed to plenty of women in his time but this is the 1st time he has been tricked into doing so I guess.

    It won't automatically make him happier or change anything.

    Even as King's story is going on we have different stories in Tec and Metal contradicting it. In Metal the point was that his love for his kids is the key. In Tec we know Bats is not and has never been alone. We have countless stories showing that Bruce is already happy and can be Batman when he's happy.

    So there is no benefit in story since it was a fake marriage anyway.

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member RickWJ324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tom King explained in a Podcast interview around the time that no one knows selina was living at Wayne Manor. She was wearing wigs and was always disguised.
    In public Bruce was still keeping up his Playboy persona.
    So while the world knew that Selina Kyle was Catwoman no one knew that Bruce Wayne was dating Selina.


    Bruce found a very drunk judge in a bar to conduct the marriage on the night.

    Well the benefit for the marriage is Cash in the real world and writer acclaim. In story there is none. King's story has been done before. There is nothing new.

    The idea/possibility of a wedding is getting a good deal of BatCat fans who don't follow comics to engage. The writer found a hook and a fanbase to exploit and he's milking it for all it's worth. Marrying Selina doesn't makes a lick of difference to Batman aside from that he will be fake married for the first time.
    Bruce has proposed to plenty of women in his time but this is the 1st time he has been tricked into doing so I guess.

    It won't automatically make him happier or change anything.

    Even as King's story is going on we have different stories in Tec and Metal contradicting it. In Metal the point was that his love for his kids is the key. In Tec we know Bats is not and has never been alone. We have countless stories showing that Bruce is already happy and can be Batman when he's happy.

    So there is no benefit in story since it was a fake marriage anyway.
    It's crazy! I like the idea of Bruce and Selina being married. The only negative to that would be someone figuring out Bruce Wayne is Batman based on him being married to Selina, which the world knows is Catwoman.
    As for Batman marrying Catwoman...that just makes no sense. For one, it wouldn't even be a "real" marriage as Bat and Cat are just "identities" so there'd be no real marriage between them (legally). Not to mention a "drunk preacher" couldn't marry them legally not knowing their real identities. Again...just doesn't make sense. So I'm not really sure what Bruce and Selina were setting out to do by having their alter-egos get married (who does that benefit)?

    I think Selina making Bruce happy is a good thing and they should be allowed to be happy in the comics. Making Selina a reformed villain and respectable woman in society and eventually marrying socialite Bruce Wayne is perfectly fine and I would've liked to see the dynamic between the two... making Bruce a happier person in real life but still fighting for the people and city that he loves. Having a "symbolic" ceremony to marry their hero/villain alter-egos just makes no sense to me. Marry Bruce and Selina...not Bat and Cat!!

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    It's crazy! I like the idea of Bruce and Selina being married. The only negative to that would be someone figuring out Bruce Wayne is Batman based on him being married to Selina, which the world knows is Catwoman.
    As for Batman marrying Catwoman...that just makes no sense. For one, it wouldn't even be a "real" marriage as Bat and Cat are just "identities" so there'd be no real marriage between them (legally). Not to mention a "drunk preacher" couldn't marry them legally not knowing their real identities. Again...just doesn't make sense. So I'm not really sure what Bruce and Selina were setting out to do by having their alter-egos get married (who does that benefit)?

    I think Selina making Bruce happy is a good thing and they should be allowed to be happy in the comics. Making Selina a reformed villain and respectable woman in society and eventually marrying socialite Bruce Wayne is perfectly fine and I would've liked to see the dynamic between the two... making Bruce a happier person in real life but still fighting for the people and city that he loves. Having a "symbolic" ceremony to marry their hero/villain alter-egos just makes no sense to me. Marry Bruce and Selina...not Bat and Cat!!

    Well to be fair King was clear on the fact that a real marriage would compromise Batman's identity and by extension that of all his allies. In the podcast he said that as much as he was a fan of Morrison he didn't like the idea of Batman Inc because it connected Bruce too much with Batman.

    With criminals knowing that Batman and Catwoman are dating Bruce and Selina can never be married even if she reforms. It isn't just about Bruce. Damian, Dick, Jason, Alfred everyone who is related to Bruce Wayne is automatically exposed if the world finds out that Batman is Bruce Wayne.

    A retired Bruce running away with Selina ala Nolan that could work but I doubt DC is ready to retire Bruce and I don't see Bruce giving up the fighting to make the world a better place while he's still able bodied.

    I also like your suggestion of a reformed selina later falling inlove with and marrying bruce Wayne. That keeps the batman id safe.

    I think Bruce is as happy as he is going to get without professional help. I don't think marrying or even being with Selina or any other woman is going to make him any happier than he has been in the past when other writers have given us happier batman. That marriage certificate doesn't work magic.

    Currently he isn't happy because King is deliberately making is so but we have seen him happy.

    The funny thing is that King writes Bruce as miserable when he was with Selina. He was exactly like Scott and all the other depressed characters that King writes.

    batman is appearing in titles all over DC but the only one that is depressed is the version in King's Batman [the whole run not just after 50]. HIC batman isn't as unhappy as the Batman in King's main title which is very odd.

    I'm not a fan of how King writes batman or batCat. I'm also not a fan of angsty batman. I was hoping we would get a situation similar to Rebirth Superman when King 1st talked about exploring a happy Batman and letting him get married but it's been the opposite.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-17-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •