Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tom King explained in a Podcast interview around the time that no one knows selina was living at Wayne Manor. She was wearing wigs and was always disguised.
    In public Bruce was still keeping up his Playboy persona.
    So while the world knew that Selina Kyle was Catwoman no one knew that Bruce Wayne was dating Selina.

Bruce found a very drunk judge in a bar to conduct the marriage on the night.
    I wish we can see this on the page instead of having to hear about it from a podcast that not everyone follows.

I mean... I assume it's not on the page by the fact that you have to tell people about this. I didn't read it.

Also, that's not even entirely correct. Bruce and Selina didn't wear a disguise when they went to the amusement park with Clark and Lois... while Selina was not yet cleared of killing 37 people.

That and Tom King made Bruce worked out on top of Wayne Tower in plain view of every drone, helicopter, and people on opposite buildings in the first issue, so right from the beginning he gave me the impression that he doesn't care that much about realism.

That's how I've been interpreting his story. Have fun, don't think too much. So I don't have a problem with the marriage from a realistic perspective, because what the comic show is that they don't care about those things.

Now apparently that's a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I wish we can see this on the page instead of having to hear about it from a podcast that not everyone follows.

I mean... I assume it's not on the page by the fact that you have to tell people about this. I didn't read it.

Also, that's not even entirely correct. Bruce and Selina didn't wear a disguise when they went to the amusement park with Clark and Lois... while Selina was not yet cleared of killing 37 people.

That and Tom King made Bruce worked out on top of Wayne Tower in plain view of every drone, helicopter, and people on opposite buildings in the first issue, so right from the beginning he gave me the impression that he doesn't care that much about realism.

That's how I've been interpreting his story. Have fun, don't think too much. So I don't have a problem with the marriage from a realistic perspective, because what the comic show is that they don't care about those things.

Now apparently that's a problem?
    While we never saw Selina sneaking in and out of the house in a wig, we did see her sneak out though that was to steal.

The times they went out as a couple they were dressed in costumes or dressed as other people [without anything covering their faces though]. We don't get much of Bruce and Selina in this run. Mostly they are their alter egos.

We did see Selina out shopping with Damian and Damian Wayne is known by the people of Gotham as was shown in Nightwing, Synder's batman and Morrison's Batman so that could give the game away.

It's not the first time King has had to explain something that should have been on the pages. Most of this run has required readers to find out info afterwards on twitter so that's kind of the norm for this run.

I agree with you on the have fun don't worry about it making sense or contradictions but that doesn't just apply to this run. It applkies to DC as a whole.

On the subject of do I think they'll get married. I don't think so. King hasn't really built the foundation for a relationship or a marriage. He hasn't bothered to bring Selina into the family or make her family. Batcat exist in their own bubble almost like they've gone away for a dirty weekend.

Selina doesn't have any interactions with her family to be aside from Bruce and Alfred. They just seem so isolated. No other writer seems to care or want to pick up threads to what King's doing. It's Batman. Bruce Wayne is a bout to get married. Shouldn't that be a bigger thing? shouldn't that have more interest?

The fact that it's such a non event even in Gotham or within the JL [he is marrying a criminal after all] to me means no one withing the staff is taking it seriously.

I can't recall. Was Bruce dressed as batman while working out? if not then it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . Also, that's not even entirely correct. Bruce and Selina didn't wear a disguise when they went to the amusement park with Clark and Lois... while Selina was not yet cleared of killing 37 people...
    Only 37 people?

Is this in addition to the 237 terrorists supposedly killed by Selina (but actually killed by Holly) in retribution for all the deaths (which neither Batman nor any of the regular Bat-family members did anything about?) at the Thomas & Martha Wayne Home for the Boys and Girls of Gotham (revealed way back in like issues #9-10)?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only 37 people?

Is this in addition to the 237 terrorists supposedly killed by Selina (but actually killed by Holly) in retribution for all the deaths (which neither Batman nor any of the regular Bat-family members did anything about?) at the Thomas & Martha Wayne Home for the Boys and Girls of Gotham (revealed way back in like issues #9-10)?
    Oh, it's supposed to be 237? I don't know, I forgot. It's been so long and they never mention it again.

Only 37 people?

Holly was in jail? I recall she had a day release I'm guessing to visit her friend at Wayne Manor.

Getting away with crimes is one of the perk when you or someone you know is sleeping with Batman.

I was shocked at Bruce not arresting Holly when he went with Selina to the desert but this is much worse. At this point why is Bruce allowed to be a member of the JL. The man is a hypocrite and a joke.

All it takes is a pretty face and he forgets his principals. It was the same with Talia at least with Selina he at times arrests her and throws her in jail.
    If you are a bloke or his kid lord help you. He beat the crap out of Jason and threatened to drag him to Arkham for Penguin.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Holly was in jail? I recall she had a day release I'm guessing to visit her friend at Wayne Manor.

Getting away with crimes is one of the perk when you or someone you know is sleeping with Batman.

I was shocked at Bruce not arresting Holly when he went with Selina to the desert but this is much worse. At this point why is Bruce allowed to be a member of the JL. The man is a hypocrite and a joke.

All it takes is a pretty face and he forgets his principals. It was the same with Talia at least with Selina he at times arrests her and throws her in jail.
    If you are a bloke or his kid lord help you. He beat the crap out of Jason and threatened to drag him to Arkham for Penguin.
    If the JL truly cared about what Bruce does in his non JL time, they woulda kicked him off / got him help a loooooooooong time ago.

Yeah, Holly was in jail, Selina got exonerated of the murders after they brought Holly in at the end of The Rules Of Engagement. I will say them not actually showing this is kind of a mistake, since first time reading I was kind of confused over what happened, since Selina asks Holly to turn herself in so she can be happy, and then while it insinuates she does do that, you don't actually see or hear from her again until 50, when she's in Arkham, so that was all a bit confusing.

And I think ultimately the marriage thing is supposed to be symbolic for the two's benefit. The idea of marriage is something that would bond the two of them together more than they already would be, even if it would legally be a secret for the most part. Other's not knowing doesn't matter as much to them, and its moreso them wanting to be husband and wife for each other.

Ah man, Holly. Got to be one of the strangest twists in King's run.

(Although in some ways I think it predicted HiC).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeah, Holly was in jail, Selina got exonerated of the murders after they brought Holly in at the end of The Rules Of Engagement. I will say them not actually showing this is kind of a mistake, since first time reading I was kind of confused over what happened, since Selina asks Holly to turn herself in so she can be happy, and then while it insinuates she does do that, you don't actually see or hear from her again until 50, when she's in Arkham, so that was all a bit confusing.

And I think ultimately the marriage thing is supposed to be symbolic for the two's benefit. The idea of marriage is something that would bond the two of them together more than they already would be, even if it would legally be a secret for the most part. Other's not knowing doesn't matter as much to them, and its moreso them wanting to be husband and wife for each other.
    How does marriage do that? Not to mention a fake marriage. Isn't that something your mutual love is supposed to do? it's flawed a fake marriage doesn't do any of the thing's you mention.

A fake marriage on a rooftop overseen by a drunk Priest doesn't seem so much symbolic or a bond as it seems a piss take.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Only 37 people?

To be fair this isn't the 1st time Bruce has looked the other way while a crime is committed. He had sex with Selina on stolen diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    To be fair this isn't the 1st time Bruce has looked the other way while a crime is committed. He had sex with Selina on stolen diamonds.
    That's nothing.

I'm talking the absurdity there wasn't a massive Bat-manhunt to catch all the terrorists who destroyed a place NAMED FOR HIS DAMN PARENTS!!!
    And all those people in Gotham City who died there (mostly kids).
    There were 171 people who died in King's fictional bombing/fire, slightly more than the 168 deaths that resuled from bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City back in 1995 in the real world.
    AND BATMAN DID NOTHING ABOUT THIS?!?!?

So much for protecting the citizens of Gotham City!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm one of those who don't believe heroes should get married or have kids,
    Me too. It's why I stopped reading Superman after the New 52 ended. A married Batman would be absurd, unless Bruce retires and Dick and Damian reprise their Batman and Robin partnership. Maybe that was the plan.

There are exceptions to the marriage rule, like Animal Man, where having a family is intrinsic to the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    https://twitter.com/sarabethpollock/...102826496?s=21

I think it was at a comic con or something. Don’t necessarily think Tom is joking. Plus, she hasn’t really made any effort to connect to his story. One would think 75 being so momentous both books would lead up to it.
    On second thoughts, I do think Joelle’s story connects to this. Very stealthily.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

They're not going to marry. Please just accept that. It's just a carrot on a stick that King is using to keep people talking about his run.

It is 100% not going to happen.

All-New Member

It will be a betrayal to all of us that have been reading King's Batman if they don't.