702094A4-D135-4379-9DC4-13BF72F9652A.jpg

We get a brief history on the Silver Surfer, and his history of both a savior and harbinger of death for Galactus. We begin where we last saw the Silver Surfer being sucked into an event horizon away from the other Guardians, where he drifts without direction for what seems like a lifetime. We see him reduced to crumpled up silver flesh, and then heals himself with the power Cosmic. He sees a planet in the void, one that calls out to him, and he creates his board once more to travel there. Once he lands, the planet reeks of death, decay, and metal. A sole building stands, and as he approaches, he is met by a set of metal guardians who attack him violently. They do battle, and he’s forced to call on the power Cosmic to defeat them, but there’s a cost. His hand turns black, obviously alluding to something coming up. The door opens, and he’s drawn in by Knull, from Cates’ Venom run. End scene.

F8FD80C3-5C2C-4B73-AFB2-A4B3B8DB8A2A.jpg

This was beautiful. Cates is hitting all of the right cords for Surfer for me, and I’m drawn in. Moore’s Art is amazing. It’s cartoony, yet not in a bad way. He evokes beauty, power, majesty, and psychedelic emotions through the entire story, and I love him for it.