Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Aside from hating symbiotes, I fully concur with you. Knull is a despicable monster who only exists to destroy creation because he thinks creation is "intruding" on "his domain." Screw that guy. I hope Norrin ultimately beats several shades of hell out of him, but given the upcoming Absolute Carnage . . .
    I mean, I don't hate him as much as I thought I would. Cates has used him pretty sparingly and hasn't forced him down our throats. We're also seeing him have clear limits to his power. The only reason he's an issue is because of Carnage, who is a much more problematic character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I mean, I don't hate him as much as I thought I would. Cates has used him pretty sparingly and hasn't forced him down our throats. We're also seeing him have clear limits to his power. The only reason he's an issue is because of Carnage, who is a much more problematic character.
    Yeah, because Carnage wants to free him so he can destroy everything, which in retrospect reminds me of how his appearance in the 90s animated series depicted him. He was in service to Dormammu, not because he believed he owed Dormammu any loyalty for uniting him with his symbiote, but because he just wanted to see (and take part in) whatever horrors Dormammu was going to unleash upon the world once he was freed from the Dark Dimension.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, because Carnage wants to free him so he can destroy everything, which in retrospect reminds me of how his appearance in the 90s animated series depicted him. He was in service to Dormammu, not because he believed he owed Dormammu any loyalty for uniting him with his symbiote, but because he just wanted to see (and take part in) whatever horrors Dormammu was going to unleash upon the world once he was freed from the Dark Dimension.
    Cates is cheating!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Why have I only just made the connection between this story and “Black” Surfer we saw in Cates’ Thanos wins?

BANNED

I just finished reading everything that I have on Knull, The Klyntar, Gorr, Thor, and Venom. I don't know why it took me so long to do so but, reading "Silver Surfer: Black" has forced me to compile everything into a logical reading order -- it took me all day and night to bring myself up to speed and it was awesome! I just hope that "Silver Surfer: Black" does not end on a low note.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    I just finished reading everything that I have on Knull, The Klyntar, Gorr, Thor, and Venom. I don't know why it took me so long to do so but, reading "Silver Surfer: Black" has forced me to compile everything into a logical reading order -- it took me all day and night to bring myself up to speed and it was awesome! I just hope that "Silver Surfer: Black" does not end on a low note.
    Glad you enjoyed it, and I have the same hope as you.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Does the art in this story remind anyone else of Ditko's Doctor Strange ? It's pretty trippy. I'm enjoying this story and I have never been much of a Surfer fan.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yet another good issue. The art is just...insanely good. It’s a shame it’s only a mini because I’d love to see more stories.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The art has a trippy alien vibe that works well with this book.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yet another good issue. The art is just...insanely good. It’s a shame it’s only a mini because I’d love to see more stories.
    I feel like this mini is a bridging series. Allow the character to go from Slott era to...something else.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Does the art in this story remind anyone else of Ditko's Doctor Strange ? It's pretty trippy. I'm enjoying this story and I have never been much of a Surfer fan.
    It's certainly meant to draw on it. It's got that old school vibe that just is quite timeless.

Wish this involved more than Norrin having to decide whether to kill Galactus or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's certainly meant to draw on it. It's got that old school vibe that just is quite timeless.

Wish this involved more than Norrin having to decide whether to kill Galactus or not.
    I'm guessing it's not going to be about killing Galactus, but whether or not he should release him early to defeat Knull, or let him stay in the incubator long enough to become the Lifebringer he is supposed to be.

We know he answer already though.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I liked the art in this issue even more than the others. Getting confused about the timeline though as I recall something being mentioned about 1,000,000,000 years in the past the Surfer hurt Knull, and now I need to go back to see if it's this time traveling incident (which would make an incubating Galactus a continuity glitch) or if it was another incident? The art really makes this come together much lke the Allreds' on the Allred/Slott series.

Read the other Surfer comic out this week as well, but it felt more pedestrian.

I am very much enjoying Silver Surfer Black. The plot is decent-to-good for me, not very great writing, but it's not alienating me. The art though, oh man. Everything is so sharp and detailed, with multiple splash pages that look magnificent, especially that dream one from issue #3, just amazing. I feel as if it calls back to a Kirby-esque way of drawing lines.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I'm guessing it's not going to be about killing Galactus, but whether or not he should release him early to defeat Knull, or let him stay in the incubator long enough to become the Lifebringer he is supposed to be.

We know he answer already though.
    Oh! Like Norrin creates his own monster and damns Galactus! Fun!