Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    BANNED

Avengers #230 Apr 1983
    "The Last Farewell!"
    After Hank Pym is exonerated of all crimes, he leaves the Avengers for a new civilian life.
    The Masters of Evil are finally behind bars, and the team can breathe a collective sigh of relief.
    A new dawn awaits the Avengers! Cameo appearances by Elysius, ISAAC, Mentor, and Eros.

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-21-2018 at 11:13 AM.

I guess he'll never be in the movies, but would he ever be in the cartoons?

All-New Member

I still hold out hope that he WILL show up in the movies. Could theoretically still happen in Avengers 4...

BANNED

Avengers #231 May 1983
    "Up From the Depths!" Part 1 of 2.
    After attending a memorial service for Jocasta, recently destroyed battling Ultron,
    the Avengers are stunned when the long-absent Iron Man telephones and formally quits the group.
    They are unaware that the caller is actually Tony Stark's replacement as Iron Man, James Rhodes.
    Elsewhere, at a S.H.I.E.L.D. base on Chespeake Bay, Nick Fury and the President are taken prisoner by doubles who have replaced the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents assigned to the installation.
    The Avengers are called in and swiftly attack the base, where they discover that the ersatz agents are wooden facsimiles created by the Plantman.

Having rescued the prisoners, they must then combat a towering plant-humanoid which has emerged from the bay.
    Thor, She-Hulk, and Captain Marvel are slowly wearing down their titanic foe

when the Avengers' old ally, Eros of Titan, arrives to administer the final blow.

Their mission concluded, the Avengers are taken by surprise when Eros boldly declares that he has come to Earth to join their ranks.

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I have a soft spot for Starfox. I know some people think he's lame, but I don't.
    Me neither.

BANNED

Avengers #232 Jun 1983
    "And Now Starfox!" Part 2 of 2.
    Eros wants to join the Avengers!

But he will have to undergo training first! And chasing down the Plantman will be an excellent start!
    To that end Captain Marvel, Thor, and Starfox (aka Eros from Titan) link up with a Naval Task Force to capture the Plantman!
    However, the elusive villain and his submarine are cruising the depths of the Atlantic Ocean floor!

Are the three Avengers ready to go deep sea fishing.. for the Plantman?

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott and crew.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelFanEm View Post
    I still hold out hope that he WILL show up in the movies. Could theoretically still happen in Avengers 4...
    I think this would be a fantastic thing to have happen. Here's hoping...

BANNED

Avengers #233 Jul 1983
    "The Annihilation Gambit!"
    The invisible barrier which surrounds the Baxter Building is the work of the Fantastic Four's
    nemesis, Annihilus, who has escaped from the Negative Zone and trapped the foursome therein.
    Having lost the Cosmic Control Rod which sustained his immortality, the mad villain has decided that if he must die, so must all living things.
    He has therefore generated a "null-field," within which a positive-energy field grows; when the two meet, Earth's universe and the Negative Zone will merge and be destroyed.
    The Avengers assemble, but fail to breach the field or slow its inexorable growth.

The Vision and the Scarlet Witch arrive to help, but when the android steps through the barrier, he is instantly deactivated.
    Fortunately, Starfox recognizes what Annihilus is attempting and a plan is conceived.

Captain Marvel flashes into space in light form and merges with a beam from the sun-orbiting Starcore satellite, becoming a gamma-ray laser which succeeds in neutralizing the null-field.
    Entering the Baxter Building, the Avengers find the Fantastic Four, who have returned from the Negative Zone.

Plot by Roger Stern and John Byrne. Script by Roger Stern. Art by John Byrne (breakdowns) and Joe Sinnott (finishes).

Reading this reminded me how much I use to like Starfox.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I am of the belief that liking is to be able to translate in the cinema's I mean the movie going public has already embraced his brother Thanos so why wouldn't they embrace Eros as well?

I really like Starfox. Wiki says his powers have been shut off. Is that true?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I really like Starfox. Wiki says his powers have been shut off. Is that true?
    Yes and no. It was only his pleasure stimulation powers that were turned off; his other powers (super-strength, flight, etc) were still intact. But his pleasure powers were turned off after he lost full control over them due to brain damage caused by a Thanos-clone implanting a fake memory in his mind to try and frame and humiliate him.

However, Starfox has been seen using his pleasure powers again since then so apparently the brain damage was later repaired and his pleasure powers were restored. Whether they have been altered at all from how they used to be remains to be seen, but he definitely has used them in his most recent appearances.

BANNED

Avengers #235 Sep 1983
    "Havoc on the Homefront!"
    The authorities discover that the Wizard has escaped from prison, leaving one of the Plantman's simuloids in his place,
    and the Avengers are called in to recapture him. Several of the heroes are currently wrestling with personal problems,

as Captain America darkly ponders Tony Stark's alcoholism,

the She-Hulk tries unsuccessfully to acclimatize in New York, and the Scarlet Witch worries over the Vision's condition,
    but the Wasp nonetheless assigns these three to search the Wizard's former home.
    The Wizard has indeed gone to ground at his futuristic domicile, where he turns its many security devices against the trio.
    Cap finds himself weightless in an anti-gravity chamber, the She-Hulk is caught in a dimensional matrix,
    and Wanda is trapped in a pocket of non-causality in which the normal laws of probability are negated.
    However, when Wanda's hex deflects the Wizard's power back into his master control,
    he is forced to flee his stronghold and is quickly taken into custody.

First appearance of Raymond Sikorsky. Cameo appearances by Spider-Man and the Vision.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Starfox and the Wasp.

Script by Roger Stern. Art by Bob Budiansky (breakdowns) and Joe Sinnott (finishes).

what happened to Starfox? Is he deceased? Is he in any of the 'space' books?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened to Starfox? Is he deceased? Is he in any of the 'space' books?
    Starfox is co-starring in the THANOS graphic novel trilogy by Jim Starlin and Alan Davis (book 1, INFINITY SIBLINGS has been released, book 2 is due in a few months). It is debatable whether this trilogy is considered to be regular continuity or a separate Starlin-verse though.

He was last seen in the THANOS LEGACY one-shot, retrieving an item from inside Thanos' corpse. He will apparently be appearing in the upcoming GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY series in some capacity--probably as a guest star in the opening arc, rather than as a regular cast member.