Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Huuuuh? Sounds like I missed something. Anyone have a link?
    I should give you a link since I'm responding to you. But I can't even get myself to look at it again. It's on Remender's twitter if you want to find it.

It's literally what we feared the most. I hope it's out of context or that he's evil or something. If not I wonder if there's any way, any way at all to get them to change it. It makes me feel like I lost something. I'm glad I didn't take a picture with Remender at Comic Con if this is how it's going to be.

But maybe it won't be. Oh lord I hope it won't be - only because it's common sense that this would NOT make him popular or well-liked.

And he doesn't even have style or class or fashion or anything.

My inner Eros is like

But maybe it's something completely different like an imaginary sequence depicting how someone who dislikes him believes him to be. Yeah. That.

Oh, also re: Sterility

Yeah, Titanian technology is a good explanation, but if Eros is sterile, maybe it's because his parents did it to him because once Thanos was born it became clear that someone (Sui-San?) had Deviant blood in them and they don't want that to be passed along.

Okay so I have too much Headcanon but I don't caaare

Oh but also one of the big points I try to make is that there's a difference between lust and pleasure. When Eros has been portrayed as having the power to induce lust in people, I think it's been a misinterpretation of his powers. Pleasure and lust are not the same thing (though they can seem similar). Also, altered states like that can be put in completely nonsexual terms, like, you know, being high/stoned. There's no reason not to do it like that (in fact it might be 'safer').

And Dermie, you bring up exactly the point I was trying to make but failed to give as an example: the whole "dude bro I would totally love Starfox's powers because I'd make all the chicks fall for me" is completely oblivious to anything like how old he was when his powers emerged; who he was with; if he immediately knew how to control them - all the 'plot points' that would be explored if Eros were female - that is, the "victim" side of having these powers. We've discussed this before in the thread. Sorry for my redundancy again
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 10-03-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Here's the link (don't look, Cat!):
    https://twitter.com/Remender/status/516794650821005312

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Thanks guys! Yeah, it does look a bit worrisome. I know we have seen him like this before but his smile looks more sinister than playful or overconfident like an product ad from the 70's. And it seems Remender likes to ruffle fans feathers so... yeah. Have to wait and see I guess.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-06-2014 at 01:10 AM.

This panel isn't suggesting anything at all. No sir.
    BywJtZ-CIAAso8B.jpg

I'm guessing that's his long time girlfriend, the space-hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    This panel isn't suggesting anything at all. No sir.
    BywJtZ-CIAAso8B.jpg

I'm guessing that's his long time girlfriend, the space-hooker?
    Not girlfriend, just a lady-friend. Heater Delight. I like her.

It's definitely suggestive - but in context she's being released from her holding cell - so excuse you, this is a heroic rescue!

I always thought it was weird how Heater Delight turned from blue to pink. Maybe she's a Kree and she had an operation. Maybe she has that Female Kree Power we discussed way earlier in the thread. Oh no, now I have a whole 'nother storyline going in my head.

So he's getting a hero's reward?

Actually if I recall the way he gets the Evil Merchant to let her out is by saying something along the lines of "well of course you let your customers test out the merchandise first, right?"

Then he manages to haggle Evil Merchant into a state of insanity because Starfox is literally the best.

Solo Avengers #22. I love it because it's the one where he uses his empathy to locate Heater and I love the empathy angle.

Also the art is adorable. It's like an Archie comic.

He does look especially cute here!

Hey hey! Look! Our boy got a cameo in Savage Hulk #5 when referencing Hulk #300! AND Afro-Haired Monica! And Vision! And badass Scarlet Witch! 'Cause Hardman knows where it's at!

Swamp Thing 2099 was the one who alerted me to this.
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 10-13-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Ah, blink and you miss him. Nice to see he hasn't been totally forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    Hey hey! Look! Our boy got a cameo in Savage Hulk #5 when referencing Hulk #300! AND Afro-Haired Monica! And Vision! And badass Scarlet Witch! 'Cause Hardman knows where it's at!

Swamp Thing 2099 was the one who alerted me to this.
    You're the most welcome.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Not girlfriend, just a lady-friend. Heater Delight. I like her.
    I am intrigued by her, with her mysterious changing appearances...but I find her just too ditzy to like.

I always thought it was weird how Heater Delight turned from blue to pink. Maybe she's a Kree and she had an operation. Maybe she has that Female Kree Power we discussed way earlier in the thread. Oh no, now I have a whole 'nother storyline going in my head.
    I don't think she's Kree--in her original appearance she had a tail too, and Kree don't have tails. And in her third appearance her skin changed colour again. Instead of being Caucasian flesh-tone pink, she was now bubblegum pink! There is something odd about her. But I'll get into that later--I've been meaning to start a conversation about "Starfox's Lovely Ladies"...I just haven't had time with work lately. Hopefully later this week...

But speaking of Heater...do my eyes deceive me or is she not on the cover to THANOS VS HULK #2 (back in her original blue-skin and tail appearance)? If it IS her, kudos to Starlin for dusting off one of his more obscure creations. Plus it increases the chances of Foxy at least making a cameo!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I am intrigued by her, with her mysterious changing appearances...but I find her just too ditzy to like.

I don't think she's Kree--in her original appearance she had a tail too, and Kree don't have tails. And in her third appearance her skin changed colour again. Instead of being Caucasian flesh-tone pink, she was now bubblegum pink! There is something odd about her. But I'll get into that later--I've been meaning to start a conversation about "Starfox's Lovely Ladies"...I just haven't had time with work lately. Hopefully later this week...

But speaking of Heater...do my eyes deceive me or is she not on the cover to THANOS VS HULK #2 (back in her original blue-skin and tail appearance)? If it IS her, kudos to Starlin for dusting off one of his more obscure creations. Plus it increases the chances of Foxy at least making a cameo!
    If it's her, I'll have to get it!

Ahaha, I had never noticed her tail before! I always thought her being bright pink was just a color restriction of the comic, but I like the idea of random shapeshifting better. As for her being ditzy, she certainly wasn't in her first appearance . . . she got downgraded, which sucks.

I dressed as Eros (shocking) for Halloween in West Hollywood and at Comikaze! The hair looks surprisingly not bad in real life.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, MARK S. MILLER HAD A PRINT OF EROS AND JEN DOING THE TANGO. He only had the copy in the display book because he doesn't usually bring prints of it because it doesn't sell, but he let me buy it!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Eros definitely gets some love by convention goers - so that's heartening!

And this interaction happened:
    "And he-- er,she-- er . . ."
    "Wanna find out?"
    "I-- Maybe!"
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 11-05-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Here's the link (don't look, Cat!):
    https://twitter.com/Remender/status/516794650821005312
    Ugh, I hope we don't see him go full on bro-mode. That's not who he is.
    I have my concerns with Remender being to one to reintroduce him, and this is definitely not helping things.

Oh, I love that tango picture! That's so cute.