Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default MCU fanart: Eros

Eros (2).jpg

Awesome fanart made by my friend Becca, shared with her permission. Sam Heughan as Eros.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelFanEm View Post
    Eros (2).jpg

Awesome fanart made by my friend Becca, shared with her permission. Sam Heughan as Eros.
    Thanks for sharing!

All-New Member

You're welcome! Do you think the actor would be a good choice for Eros if he's ever in the MCU?

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I don't see why not. And they really should be using him in the MCU, given the prominence of Thanos and Nebula. Eros really should be around in some capacity.

Not a fan of his at all. I don't think he's attractive.

All-New Member

Dermie: Agreed. I hope he shows up in Infinity War or Captain Marvel.

BANNED

Yes. To me it would be appropriate.

Astonishing Member

Not much longer until we get some new Starfox material! THE INFINITY SIBLINGS graphic novel is due out next week!

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelFanEm View Post
    Dermie: Agreed. I hope he shows up in Infinity War or Captain Marvel.
    Me too! It's . . . beyond dumb not to include him!

Astonishing Member

I have now finally had a chance to finish reading the Lemire THANOS run, which featured Starfox as a supporting character.

Has anyone else read this yet?

I think Eros had a stronger showing in the first TPB than in the 2nd. He got that fun little introduction scene in #1 where The Champion recruited him in the middle of one of his orgies (and we got the little nod to Eros' being bisexual). He also gets to show a very impressive (and rare) display of raw power against Terrax! Plus the first TPB has Mike Deodato art, which was great for Eros' handsome features and charming smile. Deodato continued to provide the cover images for the rest of the run, but he left as interior artist after #6. But German Peralta does not do badly by Starfox either.

The 2nd TPB doesn't have quite as much for Starfox to do, but he still gets some nice moments along the way. We get to see some of the highs and lows of Eros' personality--with his heroic nature reasserting itself after months of hedonistic play, and his vain side when some cosmic witches strip away his youthful and handsome appearance, until he begs them to restore it.

Even more importantly we get to see Eros have a chance to vent his feelings at Thanos for what it was like for him to be the brother of a monster--and since Thanos was in a weakened condition for this story, Starfox actually managed to have the upper hand over him for a change.

I'm really glad that Lemire decided to use Thanos' extended family as supporting characters for this run, because it was great to have some new Starfox material again and see him used well. And the team-up of Starfox, Nebula and Champion was just a fun oddball group. Its too bad that the next THANOS writer didn't make any further use of them, because I'd enjoy seeing a further adventure of that trio before they inevitably go their separate ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not much longer until we get some new Starfox material! THE INFINITY SIBLINGS graphic novel is due out next week!
    I just read the digital copy.

SPOILER ALERT!
    Do not go further if you haven't read it.

Last Warning.

Okay. I have to say I'm not quite sure how I feel about Starlin revealing Eros to be, at the very least, a borderline sociopath, incapable of forming emotional bonds and who always needs someone else, at first his father, Mentor (deceased in Avengers Rage of Ultron), and then the Avengers themselves, to serve as his moral compass. I did like how 'Fox was shown as an almost as eficient schemer as his brother Thanos, but I think that, even in ths book, Eros establishes enough emotional connections to be ruled out as a sociopath. His father and the sense of loss he feels to begin with. Plus, what about the many friendships that have shaped Eros' life in the past, begining with his bond with Mar-Vell? I'm gonna go with it's was just a bout of insecurity on Eros' part, and leave it at that. Though I do hope the schemer continues to pop up from time to time. He dodn't show much of his physical prowess, which was a shame, but I do hope he'll show that he also has that in similar with Thanos on later appearences.

Peace

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Mentor (deceased in Avengers Rage of Ultron)
    Mentor was also allegedly killed by Thanos in Thanos #1. Given that Mentor is a first generation cosmic powered Earth born Eternal, he will be back soon just like his brother Zuras who has been killed a couple times. These guys are both near Skyfather level power and not only functionally immortal, but can reconstitute themselves. His baseline power should be higher than Thanos, or would have been if not for Thanos' upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Mentor was also allegedly killed by Thanos in Thanos #1. Given that Mentor is a first generation cosmic powered Earth born Eternal, he will be back soon just like his brother Zuras who has been killed a couple times. These guys are both near Skyfather level power and not only functionally immortal, but can reconstitute themselves. His baseline power should be higher than Thanos, or would have been if not for Thanos' upgrades.
    Actually, that is mentioned in-story (I didn't even recall it, since, as you mentioned, death tends not to be permenent for Eternals, and I figured Titan would already have shaken off Ultron's attack). Thanos not only has it for Ultron (for killing what was his to kill), but also blames 'Foxm for not protecting his father.

Peace

Ultimate Member

I know Titan is destroyed, but was it Thanos who did it, or Ultron in 'Rage of Ultron'?

BANNED

A possible Thanos vs. Ultron battle reads to me as exciting!