Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Hardly, WW's powers are vastly superior to her sisters, for one.
    Here it's not a question of powers.
    It's a matter of who was the first one to do it.
    Another Amazon who preceded Diana to what they use to call "Man's world" diminishes Diana leaving the island if someone else went before her, and if that Amazon also was a superheroine on a team of mostly male heroes years before Diana can only mean Diana wasn't the first to do so.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Here it's not a question of powers.
    It's a matter of who was the first one to do it.
    Another Amazon who preceded Diana to what they use to call "Man's world" diminishes Diana leaving the island if someone else went before her, and if that Amazon also was a superheroine on a team of mostly male heroes years before Diana can only mean Diana wasn't the first to do so.

Even if anything Wonder Woman is taken out of the JSA equation, the team could still have Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Fury I, or Miss America dealing with being on a mostly male team. I honestly don't think having Hippolyta, Myrna Black, Exoristos, or another Amazon on the JSA diminishes Diana's impact in the formation of the JLA or the current DCU. Diana has done more than enough so solidify herself as an icon and no Amazon that comes before or after her can take her place.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Even if anything Wonder Woman is taken out of the JSA equation, the team could still have Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Fury I, or Miss America dealing with being on a mostly male team. I honestly don't think having Hippolyta, Myrna Black, Exoristos, or another Amazon on the JSA diminishes Diana's impact in the formation of the JLA or the current DCU. Diana has done more than enough so solidify herself as an icon and no Amazon that comes before or after her can take her place.
    This kinda defeats the entire point of the JSA. Does Hal Jordan really NEED to be the first Human GL to be a hero worthy of respect? It's kinda their whole deal.

Also having a different woman use the name Wonder Woman fixes the problem of how little the WW character does in JSA. But she's not really needed in JSA, many JSA characters are unique heroes as-is.

I'm cool with having another Amazon take Diana's place on the JSA. It just feels like the cleanest option available with the continuity available. I'm not gonna clutch my pearls over Diana not being the first Amazon to leave themiscyra and there are ways to make it work. An existing character is fine but a new character feels like the method of least resistance.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-16-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm cool with having another Amazon take Diana's place on the JSA. It just feels like the cleanest option available with the continuity available. I'm not gonna clutch my pearls over Diana not being the first Amazon to leave themiscyra and there are ways to make it work. An existing character is fine but a new character feels like the method of least resistance.
    Sorry, but a "new character" seems totally unnecessary.

They tried replacing Diana in the JSA with three different characters over the years in the post-CoIE continuity, and now you want to make it a fourth?