Default Spice Girls Animated film & Mighty Mouse Live action film in the works!

Umm. Yeah. Spice girls animated film and a live action / animated mighty mouse film is in the works! This will be mighty mouse's second film after the 1982 film mighty mouse and the great space chase!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/be...-slate-1217519

The Spice Girls, really? They haven't been a thing in what, 20 years? Is there even still a market for them?

That's what I'm saying. Anyone who knows who they are is well over 30. Doubt they watching alot of cartoons In mass. Also one married Beckham and another is on Anerica got talents I thinker one of those shows. The rest could be crack heads for all I know. Just weird, mighty mouse I get though. Weird they are bundled together

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyone who knows who they are is well over 30.
    That's kind of the point i dare to imagine. Nostalgia is always an easy way to milk some money out of people.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You mean to tell me someone in Hollywood actually thinks there's a market for the Spice Girls? Seriously? Hell, they don't even have the full crew on their current reunion tour as Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham) basically said "FTS" to getting back with the group. Sheesh!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 06-13-2019 at 04:34 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That's kind of the point i dare to imagine. Nostalgia is always an easy way to milk some money out of people.
    Yeah, but nostalgia for the Spice Girls isn't a smart bet in terms of animation. They weren't a beloved cartoon series, they were a girl band. Basically for people with Spice Girls nostalgia wouldn't a tour or something make more sense? I mean there was that one Spice Girls movie, but that wasn't any good...

Will Emma Stone want to get in on this ?

a wouldn't a tour or something make more sense?
    They are on tour.

I dont think this is a sure bet at all. Do people still like they're music in retrospect? Cause it was annoying as ****. That's not fair the only song I know is that if u wanna be my lover ****. And if I made a list of most annoying songs ever that song wins right ahead of Cotton eye Joe and and every Pitbull song ever

Do people still like they're music in retrospect?
    Some must do, that thing wouldn't be a project at all otherwise.

Mostly in the UK though i imagine. To be honest, the argument "i don't understand why they are making it cause personally i never liked them" doesn't hold much water.

That band was a huge thing. Simple as that. If the budget is reasonable i don't see them having any trouble making at least a bit of profit out of it. I'm not going to watch it cause even back then i never gave much of a damn about that band but that's not a crazy thing to do.

Now, a movie about Vanilla Ice, that would be bold.

Some must do, that thing wouldn't be a project at all otherwise.

Mostly in the UK though i imagine. To be honest, the argument "i don't understand why they are making it cause personally i never liked them" doesn't hold much water.

That band was a huge thing. Simple as that. If the budget is reasonable i don't see them having any trouble making at least a bit of profit out of it. I'm not going to watch it cause even back then i never gave much of a damn about that band but that's not a crazy thing to do.

Now, a movie about Vanilla Ice, that would be bold.
    They were big for a very brief moment and then gone. If they were making a NSycn ,Backstreet boys or Tevin Cambell movie I'd be saying the same thing and the Spice girls burned out faster. **** I like some of the Black Eyed Peas music and if they were making an animated film about them I'd be confused and they are still relevant.

If this was Biopic that would be way different. I'd watch a vanilla ice Biopic, I woukdnt watch a spice girls ones but I'd understand why it exists. But making a spice girls animated movie make little sense. There are so many more things you can animate and try to sell to kids that have more upside.

But yea Biopic, cool they were a big deal for like 2years and set records. Make that movie but trying to repackage them in animated form seems like an odd choice.

I dont have a problem this exists I'm sure they still have some die hard fans out there who wouldnt mind watching a cartoon. But from Business standpoint I don't get it. Maybe the hope is the get kids into them and try to make them a thing again. Who Dafuq knows

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They are on tour.
    Then why bother making this movie then? They're doing the thing their fans most want to see already.
    I dont think this is a sure bet at all. Do people still like they're music in retrospect? Cause it was annoying as ****. That's not fair the only song I know is that if u wanna be my lover ****. And if I made a list of most annoying songs ever that song wins right ahead of Cotton eye Joe and and every Pitbull song ever
    I like the Spice Girls stuff alright. I never would've admitted that as a kid back when they were big, but now, yeah I'll admit their music wasn't bad. Like every pop group they do have their fans. I also like Cotton Eye Joe by the way, that was a fun song.
    That band was a huge thing. Simple as that. If the budget is reasonable i don't see them having any trouble making at least a bit of profit out of it.
    Agreed, they were huge and some of that popularity must still linger, which with nostalgia should let most Spice Girls things be profitable. But an animated movie is still a weird thing to do. I mean admittedly KISS had an animated movie too, but at least that was a crossover with Scooby Doo.
    But yea Biopic, cool they were a big deal for like 2years and set records.
    It was longer than two years. Hell, they had a live action movie, that at least would've required they had enough staying power to be relevant for long enough to get that greenlight and stay relevant when it came out. I can't remember how long their popularity lasted, but it had to have been at least over five years, so I'd say they were real big for probably the better part of a decade. Certainly felt like it. But I could be wrong. But two years is definitely undercutting it. I get you might not like them, and they only lasted through like, the 90s, but dismissing them that badly is still kind of disingenuous. They were huge for a nice chunk of the 90s.