Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Avengers: Loki Unleashed by Roger Stern and Ron Lim in September

As reported over on Bleeding Cool, Uncle Roger is returning to the Avengers with Loki Unleashed. The one-shot, set during Stern's run on the Avengers, is scheduled for September.

Here is the link https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...shed-one-shot/

For me, Stern's run is the benchmark for the team/title. So this is an instant buy. Only downside to it is that it is a one-shot. Really wish Stern was given more work.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Good to see Ron Lim get some work too
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The shade at not hiring older legends was everything.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Terror is just a fanboy who thinks Chris Claremont needs to write even more X-Men for some nonsensical reason.

AvengeStern DLC all these years later is pretty good, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Good to see Ron Lim get some work too
    Apparently he still does the odd cover for Marvel here and there. But, yes, he needs to get more assignments (unless he willingly chooses to not to do stuff on a regular basis.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Terror is just a fanboy who thinks Chris Claremont needs to write even more X-Men for some nonsensical reason.

AvengeStern DLC all these years later is pretty good, though.
    Jude name drops him in every X-related article. The horse was well and truly flogged ages ago. So why not do it some more? Lol!

Though, in all fairness, he does have a point. The recent stuff written by Claremont, while nothing groundbreaking, have been decent yarns. The guy knows the characters inside and outside. Yes, his writing has been dense at times. But, when his excesses are reined in by a good editor (such as they were in X-Men Black Magneto and the Cyclops story in the Exterminated one-shot), he is still every bit the storyteller.

Besides, people are saying the current X-writers are just aping Claremont. So why not just get the genuine article to do stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Apparently he still does the odd cover for Marvel here and there. But, yes, he needs to get more assignments (unless he willingly chooses to not to do stuff on a regular basis.)
    Agreed. I would love to see Ron Lim doing artwork again for the Silver Surfer.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-13-2019 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Astonishing Member

Awesome creative team indeed.
    I will be getting it for sure.Always great to read new Roger Stern stories.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

More Monica is always a good thing. I'm convinced more than ever that she's going to be a big part of the next Captain Marvel movie.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Absolutely cannot wait until September to read this. Stern's Avengers run was some of the most enjoyable reading of my life and he gave me my favorite character ever in Monica Rambeau. Hell I may buy 2 copies so Marvel can get the hint that Monica has a fanbase and deserves a solo ongoing or mini.

Will the Black Knight be in this?

I wish Ron Lim could draw an Avengers series. I liked the Avengers covers that he drew in the 1980s.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Absolutely cannot wait until September to read this. Stern's Avengers run was some of the most enjoyable reading of my life and he gave me my favorite character ever in Monica Rambeau. Hell I may buy 2 copies so Marvel can get the hint that Monica has a fanbase and deserves a solo ongoing or mini.
    Between this and Strike-Force, Monica seems to be getting a bit of a push at the moment. As others have said, I reckon this MIGHT bode well for an expanded role in Captain Marvel 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjinjin View Post
    Will the Black Knight be in this?
    We haven't had any word on which Avengers are actually appearing in it yet -- all we know is the cover image, and that the story is set in the aftermath of the Siege Of Avengers Mansion arc. Since Dane was part of the team at that time he should be in this...unless he is still in the hospital from his injuries during that storyline. But even then, he may still get at least a cameo.

The cover image shows Iron Man, which is somewhat odd given that he was with the West Coast Avengers at that time. So either he is helping out the East Coast team temporarily while they are short handed (Namor on leave; Hercules comatose; Black Knight injured), or it was just artistic licence on Zircher's part and he's not actually in it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wish She-Hulk would be in it; but since she rejoined the Avengers just after the siege of Avengers Mansion I doubt she'll be.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES