Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roy Harper

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    If you wanna see how deep they can push Roy Harper take a look at Cry for Justice, they surely would have done an episode on this crap.
    They did. They also did an episode on Rise of Arsenal.

If Leviathan is really Roy I hope he wins and defeats all the DC Universe, the Trinity, Barry, Ollie, Damian's Titans and all that crap of Batman who laughs.
    This DC is not my world anymore. The only corner left is Bendis young line.
    Young Justice and Wonder Twins are positive books enjoyable to read, even though they aren't masterpiece.
    Have you checked out Naomi yet? Also part of Bendis' Wonder line and it is quite excellent.

As for Roy.....I can see the argument that he's Leviathan and it makes as much sense as anyone else I can think of. And depending on how they spin Leviathan it might not even be the worst thing. If this really is about taking a new approach to saving the world and not just some generic villain plot I think it *might* be a interesting niche for Roy to fill. He's got the background with Checkmate and has always sort of had one foot over the line of "classic DC heroism" between the addiction, his relationship with Jade, the tension and problems he has with Ollie, the failure of the Titans, etc. His friendship with Jason Todd, the way he tried to run the Outsiders......yeah I could see all of that pointing Roy in this kind of direction. And as I recall, Lian doesn't exist in current continuity right? If Roy learned that he lost his daughter because of Flashpoint that'd be a pretty big reason for a heel turn too.

I dont want to see Roy become evil but I wouldn't necessarily be against him being something a little more morally gray than the typical white hat superhero. And in my opinion that'd be a better direction than just making him a color-blind Green Arrow rip-off (I really hate "Red Arrow") or putting him on another uninspired Titans reunion that's doomed to fail.

But it'll really depend on what Leviathan is after and how he plans to accomplish it. So far as I know, no one has actually died yet so he might not be the big bad guy everyone is assuming he'll be. Or he could be even worse than most.....we'll have to read the story and find out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Rise of Arsenal vol 2.

never mind

Do we know what part of the reservation Roy grew up on pre-Flashpoint? How rural or town?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Rise of Arsenal vol 2.
    This thought immediately went to mind when reading the thread.

I'm hopeful for Flash Forward but it's probably not gonna do any favors for Wally, I doubt Roy would get treated any better.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

I was a Roy fan from back in his Teen Titans days, but I lost interest in the new 52.
    He had been thoroughly hosed by then. I really liked him as Red Arrow in the League.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Yup. I really enjoyed Meltzer's JLA run and how he wrote Roy.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

So here's something I recently started wondering. Roy's aiming abilities are pretty impressive for a human. And in Devin Grayson in her Arsenal miniseries from the 90s revealed he is a descendant of Vandal Savage. So would it be going too far if they revealed Roy is a metahuman to explain his ability to aim so extraordinarily?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, I'm hoping we don't have to wait too long for Roy to come back. Either he gets a mini or have him be in the Green Arrow book for a while, and then give him a solo series while popping up in Green Arrow or put him on a team. Just because Dan Didio doesn't like sidekicks doesn't mean that Roy has to go in the trashcan. And I hope they give a Speedy for Oliver too.
    Even Oli doesn't have a book at the moment, which makes a solo series for Roy very unlikely.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So here's something I recently started wondering. Roy's aiming abilities are pretty impressive for a human. And in Devin Grayson in her Arsenal miniseries from the 90s revealed he is a descendant of Vandal Savage. So would it be going too far if they revealed Roy is a metahuman to explain his ability to aim so extraordinarily?
    I wouldn’t like it

I wouldn’t like it
    Same here. There's something to be said for flat-out skill. Then again, I wasn't too fond of Roy being related to Savage, either.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd love to see a hero in recovery that isn't treated as a joke, or killed off for some dumb event.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm a fan of Devin Grayson's writing, but I really didn't like that little retcon at all.
    I prefer it when Roy is simply THAT good because he trains hard and hones his skills like few others can.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Well most of humanity in the DCU is technically descended from Vandal Savage so I don't really get why Roy would be so special to get abilities when most people don't have them.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics