Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy: A 6 Issue Mini By Jody Houser and Adriana Melo

Set in the Aftermath of HiC and firmly in the Year of the Villain:
    https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-harley...medium=ios_app
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

With a Wally series and a Harley and Ivy series, I'm fully expecting a Booster and Beetle series announced soon here.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    With a Wally series and a Harley and Ivy series, I'm fully expecting a Booster and Beetle series announced soon here.
    It’ll be King’s one
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm sure there are probably here that are down for it but I'm kind of over Harley and Ivy in the current continuity, both relationship-wise and character-wise. Especially after HiC and how they ended up depicted contrasted with Wally.

So I'm not really all that enthused about another book probably out to make the pair come off more "virtuous" and present their relationship without very many flaws. But that's just me.

Reading the solicitation, it seems DC still are afraid of presenting Harley and Ivy as a couple: "it’s a journey across the DC Universe that will change their friendship forever". I guess it's the double whammy of both DC's aversion to having their characters in a relationship and some form of homophobia that's an issue here. (And it need not even be overt homophobia, just fear of the reaction from the more overt homophobes.) But Houser is definitely a writer that sees them as a couple and has the writing and storytelling chops to pull it off, given what she did in Mother Panic Gotham AD.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Reading the solicitation, it seems DC still are afraid of presenting Harley and Ivy as a couple: "it’s a journey across the DC Universe that will change their friendship forever". I guess it's the double whammy of both DC's aversion to having their characters in a relationship and some form of homophobia that's an issue here. (And it need not even be overt homophobia, just fear of the reaction from the more overt homophobes.) But Houser is definitely a writer that sees them as a couple and has the writing and storytelling chops to pull it off, given what she did in Mother Panic Gotham AD.
    I don't know if it's an issue of homophobia given how explicit they've depicted the relationship in the past, and it's not like writers have been subtle about it in interviews either.

(Oh, and I guess Harley wearing her classic look was apparently just for HiC).

Can't stand skinless Ivy.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I remember when it looked like they were bringing back the classic Ivy look at the start of Rebirth...and then they just reverted back to the New 52 look.

Bit of a bummer .

I can see POISON IVY LEAGUE Happy for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's an issue of homophobia given how explicit they've depicted the relationship in the past, and it's not like writers have been subtle about it in interviews either.
    Oh, DC has been all over the place here, and clearly there are writers, artists, and editors who are more accepting and positive towards Ivy's and Harley's relationship than others. But I also think it's clear that their relationship has been driven much more by fan demand than by DC brass.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Hopefully they get the creative freedom to rework Ivy's design, away from Mann's wooden one.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Oh, DC has been all over the place here, and clearly there are writers, artists, and editors who are more accepting and positive towards Ivy's and Harley's relationship than others. But I also think it's clear that their relationship has been driven much more by fan demand than by DC brass.
    Writers/editors can't even seem to stay consistent on their characterization and morality at this point.

Sign me up for this.

Been a while since I read something with Harley now, got bored with her solo title a while back, but hopefully this will provide a new fresh take.

I've no idea why DC is so reluctant to make Harley/Ivy a thing. Lesbians are better sellers then gay men (usually due to the male gaze, but still), its a fan favourite pairing, it helps Harley grow away from the joker as a story about an abused women finding real love.

I like this couple together so I’ll at least try the first issue to see how it goes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.