BANNED

Default Question about Kamen RIder stats

While I know officialy listed stats don't carry much weight in vs debate (especialy when they don't match up what we see on screen like they often do in Kamen Rider).

But looking at the stats on the Kamen Rider wiki the Showa Riders seem to have stats that are ridiculously higher stats than the Heise Ridersi, so are those stats taken from diferent sources or somthing or are the SHowa Riders actualy meant to be that much stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    While I know officialy listed stats don't carry much weight in vs debate (especialy when they don't match up what we see on screen like they often do in Kamen Rider).

But looking at the stats on the Kamen Rider wiki the Showa Riders seem to have stats that are ridiculously higher stats than the Heise Ridersi, so are those stats taken from diferent sources or somthing or are the SHowa Riders actualy meant to be that much stronger?
    Yes.

At least in the the Showa vs. Heisei Riders movie, the newer Riders had the greater variety of powers and fancier special effects (logical) but on the other hand, the older Riders had those stats as well as skill and experience, so they were able to hold their own (even the Riders who were now in their 60s!) to a standstill.

But then part of it seems to be kind of a power down for newer Riders a la John Byrne Superman, part of it seems to be a slight bit of retcon to make sure the older Riders are still relevant (the franchise loves its nostalgia, and frankly, good for them), and part of it seems to be that tricky equation of balancing storytelling with more advances in special effects (and thus storytelling ability).

Then again, of course, I doubt the creators over the decades actually really cared about such comparisons.

Super Sentai is much more all over the place, though. Stats are ultimately meaningless as long as the hierarchy is preserved, but the hierarchy can just as easily be thrown out if a Red Ranger has the power of rage (which is often).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yes.

At least in the the Showa vs. Heisei Riders movie, the newer Riders had the greater variety of powers and fancier special effects (logical) but on the other hand, the older Riders had those stats as well as skill and experience, so they were able to hold their own (even the Riders who were now in their 60s!) to a standstill.

But then part of it seems to be kind of a power down for newer Riders a la John Byrne Superman, part of it seems to be a slight bit of retcon to make sure the older Riders are still relevant (the franchise loves its nostalgia, and frankly, good for them), and part of it seems to be that tricky equation of balancing storytelling with more advances in special effects (and thus storytelling ability).

Then again, of course, I doubt the creators over the decades actually really cared about such comparisons.

Super Sentai is much more all over the place, though. Stats are ultimately meaningless as long as the hierarchy is preserved, but the hierarchy can just as easily be thrown out if a Red Ranger has the power of rage (which is often).
    The problem there is that the Showa Riders should have uterly dominated the base forms of the Heisei Riders. Hell Shotaro was abel to hold his own agaisnt RX as Joker, when RX is tens of times better than Joker in every stat.

Not to mention Kamen Rider 3 shouldn't have been able to woop the double Riders going by those stats.

The problem there is that the Showa Riders should have uterly dominated the base forms of the Heisei Riders. Hell Shotaro was abel to hold his own agaisnt RX as Joker, when RX is tens of times better than Joker in every stat.

Not to mention Kamen Rider 3 shouldn't have been able to woop the double Riders going by those stats.
    Yeah, not denying any of that. I appreciate that there's *some* effort to reconcile these discrepancies, but they're far from perfect or else they'd be total stomps.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, not denying any of that. I appreciate that there's *some* effort to reconcile these discrepancies, but they're far from perfect or else they'd be total stomps.
    That does raise the question as to why they Kamen Rider 3 stats more in line with the Heisei Riders,

BANNED

Sorry to bring back the thread but I recently saw a review were someone mentioned the RX kick has a power of 45 tons and that Kamen Rider 1's Rider kick has 11 tons listed. Anyone know were the source of these is?

Sorry to bring back the thread but I recently saw a review were someone mentioned the RX kick has a power of 45 tons and that Kamen Rider 1's Rider kick has 11 tons listed. Anyone know were the source of these is?
    I think those were their old stats at least before they revamped them with the new books and cards. Apparently Masked Rider Chronicles: A History of Cyborg Soldiers Battle and Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing cards are where the new info came from.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think those were their old stats at least before they revamped them with the new books and cards. Apparently Masked Rider Chronicles: A History of Cyborg Soldiers Battle and Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbarizing cards are where the new info came from.
    Doe anyone know were I can find the old stats? This has kind of piqued my curiosity as to what they.

Doe anyone know were I can find the old stats? This has kind of piqued my curiosity as to what they.
    Hmmm, idk now. You'd probably have to do some digging. Look through the history tab of the riders pages on the wiki and go to the old pages before they were changed is the best idea I can offer.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hmmm, idk now. You'd probably have to do some digging. Look through the history tab of the riders pages on the wiki and go to the old pages before they were changed is the best idea I can offer.
    Thanks I'le give that a shot