Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Millennium: the Legion of Superheroes and more

Long live the Legion. The announcement/interview is here.

This is gonna be the prettiest comic book ever. Seriously, it's getting Action 1000 and Tech 1000 levels of love and then some.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/...es-millennium/
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-13-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So what are the odds that the POV character is Lois and on her way back to Earth she got side tracked. Bendis says it’s a character he’s writing now and the trip won’t mess up any ongoing books?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Not that Lois doing it isn't great, but it seems like a good opportunity to promote some other character.

Frankly, I'm dying to see the redesigns. I don't know why the Legion redesigns excite me where such a thing usually doesn't.

This is a pretty tremendous lead in all around besides that, though.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jon seems like the other possible choice. But I don’t know why they’d keep that under wrap so tightly.

The teaser Saturn Girl redesign was pretty cool. Sook on Legion is going to be great.

Always Rakzo

I swear to God if this is an excuse for Bendis to keep grown-up Jon...

Welp, Bendis is writing the Legion.

I can respect his intentions which seem suitably grand for a Legion book and doesn't seem like the wrong approach to take but even with his DC work I just can't fully believe at this point that Bendis has the skill as a writer to be able to achieve it given his past efforts on team books, cosmic books, etc. And you give him a 34-person team ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The teaser Saturn Girl redesign was pretty cool. Sook on Legion is going to be great.
    I'm not crazy about the new Saturn Girl design myself. It kind of feels a little...underwhelming, compared to her other looks? Not bad, but not amazing.

I hope the other Legion redesigns stand out more.

I've never been a fan of humans becoming immortals in comics, except in rare occasions (such as The Immortal men, because it promised to play with the Past and not the Future), so I hope it isn't Lois.

My bet is on the firefighter captain, what's her name already... Melody Moore !

I mean, Bendis clearly hinted at big things with her, but she has kind of dropped into the background so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see her gaining prominence that way.

Astonishing Member

I was thinking Jon but then he mentioned the character's morality shifting depending on the situation and that's more likely to be Lois than him. But then it could be anyone.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    My bet is on the firefighter captain, what's her name already... Melody Moore !
    This is now totally my guess now. Good--hell, great memory/idea. She fits everything Bendis said. 1) "it's a character that can leave the DC Universe and walk a thousand years, and not mess up your favorite comics." Check. 2) "it's a character that I'm writing right now." Check. 3) "it's a character whose morality shifts based on this scenario they are in." In my opinion? Check. She was ready to not trust Superman because he was a possible suspect for the fires. She's pragmatic, but also distinctly vulnerable.

And as a bonus she was created with an inherent link to Superman. It's totally Melody. The woman on the cover even matches up with her. That's a redhead.

Side note: I bet that moment Superman showed compassion towards Goode will stick with her and find its way to the Legion eventually.

Seriously, nice pull, Korath!
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-13-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First Look: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES - MILLENNIUM: https://www.newsarama.com/45588-firs...illennium.html

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Edit:

This is now totally my guess now. Good--hell, great memory/idea. She fits everything Bendis said. 1) "it's a character that can leave the DC Universe and walk a thousand years, and not mess up your favorite comics." Check. 2) "it's a character that I'm writing right now." Check. 3) "it's a character whose morality shifts based on this scenario they are in." In my opinion? Check. She was ready to not trust Superman because he was a possible suspect for the fires. She's pragmatic, but also distinctly vulnerable.

And as a bonus she was created with an inherent link to Superman. It's totally Melody. The woman on the cover even matches up with her. That's a redhead.

Seriously, nice pull, Korath!
    We'll wait and see who she is before celebrating, but I felt it couldn't be Lois. She's too big a character for such a thing. Plus, if she becomes immortal, it'll be to be by Clark's side.

Melody could become Immortal any number of way (through one of the Houses of the Immortals, if Immortal men wasn't reconnected away, a freak accident, anything, really, and nobody would feel cheated about it).

It could also be Red Cloud, but I doubt it would fit.

PS : I searched her name on DC Encyclopedia

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

How does one man write so much!

I think it's about damn time for the LoSH though, even if I wish I were spearheading it (ha ha, )

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Kamandi, (an interesting creative team on) Batman Beyond, and the crown jewel themselves...The LoSH!? Is this my birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    We'll wait and see who she is before celebrating
    Oh no, no, no, no, you're joining me in the "baseless guesses that totally turn out right-ish sometime" club

Our motto is "look not at our track record, but rather at how cool it would be if we were right!"
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-13-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hey it takes some guts not to flip flop through doubt and possibility.

Did Sprouse design his own Legion? That was my favorite. I wonder if Sook will like, do "purple suit with black magnet
    in corner" or balance out the team pattern some other way. Hopefully the latter.

Oh and here is the list:

Supergirl, drawn by Jim Lee
    Batman Beyond, drawn by Dustin Nguyen
    Kamandi, drawn by Andrea Sorrentino
    Tommy Tomorrow, drawn by André Lima Araújo
    Booster Gold, drawn by Nicola Scott
    OMAC, drawn by Jim Cheung
    A DC “off-world” chapter, drawn by Jeff Dekal
    Legion of Super-Heroes, drawn by Ryan Sook
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES