Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sounds to me like Kara, or at least some version of her might be the one involved in the Legion.

There's definitely some sort of importance to her, considering how the protagonist focuses on a hologram and pays specific homage to her at the museum. Wonder if her COIE death will play some sort of role in things and be reconnected to the current Supergirl.

Speaking of which, maybe the protagonist is a reborn Harbinger. Lots of connective tissue here. I know Bendis said its a character he's already writing, but, say its Melody Moore or something, maybe its a true identity reveal.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought she escaped in Doomsday Clock along with Johnny Thunder and Rorschach? Of course, that was like, ten years ago the book comes out so slowly so I could be remembering wrong.
    I think you're right.

Also you mentioning Johnny Thunder just reminded me that everything Bendis posted for his 2019 tease on instagram has been revealed except the Johnny Thunder pic and the one with Wonder Woman.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    is Jon going to go to the legion like people have been saying?
    In my opinion, those inquiring on which of the Superman characters will be joining the legion under Bendis' pen need only look at the costume designs of each Superman character presently. If one were to compare Jon's look to Sook's Legion, one could be forgiven for thinking they were all deigned with each other in mind.

https://img.fireden.net/co/image/154...9072135887.jpg

That's my first thought anyway.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extended preview

https://www.newsarama.com/45588-firs...nnium.html#s14

I'm just gonna call her Melody. Melody seems to say a prayer for Kara. I guessing she saw Kara die or "go missing" with her own eyes in an earlier chapter.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-13-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Probably Melody. But maybe Hawkgirl is also a possibility.

I don't know if its deliberate but it looks like different Karas in the hologram. In the first panel it looks like the original Earth-One Supergirl, and then in the next panel it looks like a modern variant (with a yellow belt-red skirt combo). Unless its just a slideshow of the same version through the years combining different costumes into canon. But you never know with time travel stories.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Legion is confirmed to be under the Superman office, and he was also offered the book a while ago https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...84862505201665

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't know if its deliberate but it looks like different Karas in the hologram. In the first panel it looks like the original Earth-One Supergirl, and then in the next panel it looks like a modern variant (with a yellow belt-red skirt combo). Unless its just a slideshow of the same version through the years combining different costumes into canon. But you never know with time travel stories.
    You can also see Flashpoint Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

I have a working theory that Bendis has elected to follow Doomsday Clock more closely than Snyder. Knowing what we know from the most recent issue of Doomsday Clock, Leone (boss of the Invisible Mafia) having what seems to be the green car from Action #1 seems to indicate that she may have somehow found out that Superman has been around 80 years as time rewrites around him. I recall her saying to Mrs. Goode that she accepted that you can't beat him. Lets also not forget that over in Young Justice Gem World seems to be growing more aware of shifts in time and continuity.

So with that line of thinking, maybe in the future people have chronicled and become far more aware of the shifts in time and the multiverse? I mean, they'd have to, right, because time travel because something fairly accessible and regulated. Maybe Bendis has been building towards the logistics?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Extended preview

https://www.newsarama.com/45588-firs...nnium.html#s14

I'm just gonna call her Melody. Melody seems to say a prayer for Kara. I guessing she saw Kara die or "go missing" with her own eyes in an earlier chapter.
    Is Bendis currrently writing Lana in any of his books? Something about that first image brought Insect Queen to mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Is Bendis currrently writing Lana in any of his books? Something about that first image brought Insect Queen to mind.
    No, Lana hasn't appeared yet in his books, at least not that I can remember.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The new legion appears for the first time in August issue of Superman http://www.newsarama.com/45608-legio...perman-14.html

They make a offer to someone in the Superman family, looks like Jon in legion will finally get confirmed

Jon leaves with the legion

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    Jon leaves with the legion
    Is that Timber Wolf and Wildfire? I'm not crazy about their new designs either...

(Why do the Legion Big Three all have weird hair?)

But yeah, it was becoming more and more likely they were going to move Jon over to the Legion with Bendis' revamp.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that Timber Wolf and Wildfire? I'm not crazy about their new designs either...

(Why do the Legion Big Three all have weird hair?)

But yeah, it was becoming more and more likely they were going to move Jon over to the Legion with Bendis' revamp.
    The colors do resemble Timber Wolf's, but the character looks too bulky. Maybe the portal adds 10 pounds

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Last time Jon left things didn't go well. I don't get trying again but maybe they think a Superboy and a Batman are needed for the Legion.

Hey I still have my Secret Origin flight ring, but I'll take this one, too.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES