Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
I disagree, superman being an actual mentor and a good father for once was nice change of pace
After two years of the perfect family (which I enjoyed in its way, dont get me wrong) its been nice to get back to what I consider more firmly established characterization. Yes, Clark always wanted a family, despite how badly his interactions with them often go. And yes, he'd get better at it once Jon was born. But Clark making a mistake as a parent? That's actually reassuring. And that's all this was. A parent making a mistake. A mistake that Clark's history says is exactly the kind of mistake he'd make. It's nice to know that Superman can screw up as a parent occasionally. I can relate to that.

What has been so great about seeing Clark screw up his son, exactly?
Jon's not screwed up. He went through some tough times but he seems to have come out fine. Unless something crazy happened in the last issue, which I haven't read yet.

In any case, I've grown tired of the aged-up Jon and Superfamily debates. For those who aren't enjoying it, that's a shame. Wish you were. I however, am more or less satisfied for now and am willing to see where this all goes. Maybe I'll like it more than what we had. Maybe I won't. But I don't want to talk in circles explaining and justifying it anymore.