Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Nervous about Bendis on this. On one hand a Legion relaunch kinda needs someone who isn’t going to be obsessed with past continuity, the art lineup looks amazing, and Bendis does decent work with young characters. On the other hand Bendis struggles with teams and this is one of the largest, his GotG book was absolutely awful, and decompression has really hurt YJ. I’ll check this out, fingers crossed it turns out well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Kinda sad this didn’t end up being a dc future timeline imprint, that could have been cool

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am not impressed at all by those new designs. The only one that looks decent to me is Shadow Lass. The rest just look bad especially Chameleon Boy and Brainiac 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not impressed at all by those new designs. The only one that looks decent to me is Shadow Lass. The rest just look bad especially Chameleon Boy and Brainiac 5.
    I think Cosmic Boy takes the cake as far as bad redesigns. He looks almost unrecognizable.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I actually really like Cosmic Boy's look. He reminds me of Shiro from Voltron Legendary Defenders in both style and implied race. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Superlad93; 06-13-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I actually really like Cosmic Boy's look. He reminds me of Shiro from Voltron Legendary Defenders in both style and implied race.

Rokk's got to be my least favorite if only because it took me more then a few seconds to realize that was even him.

I know Brainy is already purple but they could have fit in some purple into his suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Rokk's got to be my least favorite if only because it took me more then a few seconds to realize that was even him.
    I like it. Seems based off his original suit in terms of color. And, this'll likely open up a giant can of worms (not saying from you specifically), but I like that he seems to be in some way of Asian background.

I think he looks like what 2019 thinks the future looks like. Same way he (and they) used to look like what the 1960 thought the future would look like. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-13-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Shadow Lass is honestly the only one of these redesigns that I really love.

Lightning Lad would look better if they fixed his hair a little.

I like the designs actually, what I'm not really here for is the hair styles of Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl, in fact it looks like they have similar hair styles. Brainiac 5 is the best hands down ...other than that I'm fine with everything.

How old are they suppose to be tho...

Love Shadow Lass and Braniac 5's design. The others I'm a little lukewarm on, but they're recognizable. Interested to see who the female protagonist turns out to be. The idea of someone like Melody is interesting, though I dunno, when I look at that pic I imagine a blonde. But it is from behind and highly steeped in shadow so it can be just about anyone.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I like it. Seems based off his original suit in terms of color. And, this'll likely open up a giant can of worms (not saying from you specifically), but I like that he seems to be in some way of Asian background.
    I don't mind him being Asian but I wish he had more hair.

Ditto Garth.

I've admittedly just skimmed the long article yet, so I don't know if this is covered, but I'm still hoping this is not one inter-connected, confirmed canon timeline. That vagueness, and all the possibilities, is a huge point of future stories in the first place. Its one thing I don't want having a solid continuity.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The MC is definitively a ginger : https://www.cbr.com/dc-legion-of-sup...s-bendis-sook/

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Great!

Though I prefer Saturn girl ponytail appearance but still glad to see Legion and Jsa return to the DC comics again

Bendis got this storyline made me a bit worried but his recently stuffs is ok

And using different artists to drawing different character-specific stories also is a good idea
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)