Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The conclusion of Superman issue #14

Oh how I hate that Timberwolf design. A bulky guy with a chin strap bearer and a smile on his face?!?

He was created before Wolverine. Own it!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Something working for X-Men doesn't mean it would work for the Legion.

I mean a relaunch "right" isn't so simple, since there are different opinions about this.
    Marvel never stopped publishing the X-Men-you had something X-Men related on shelves. Despite a certain Marvel employee.

Marvel made sure to find homes for X-Men even outside of X-Men books. Especially the mutants of color. Be it married to Black Panther, A New Warrior, An Avenger, A Young Anvenger or hanging with Inhumans or Defenders-they were around.

Hickman's rule for the restart was this-NO NEW FOLKS-use who we have. So if someone wanted a black male on a team-they had Maggot, Synch, Prodigy and whoever else graced an X-Men related book to choose from.

Legion-how many times has there NOT been a Legion book?

How many members of Legion have popped up in other books?

You pretty much have DC's version of the Eternals or Inhumans. Where for the most part they stayed away from others.

That makes a harder sell.

DC's market share has been in a nosedive as of late and they've lost significant ground to Marvel and Image. You can't help but think that the stuff they've been pulling recently (i.e. the renewed shitting on legacy characters like Wally West, Dick Grayson, and others and alienation of classic fanbases) has something to do with that reality.
    It has everything to do with it. However when you flood the market with Batman books and use him as your OZ to draw attention from the guy behind the curtain-you get stuff like this.
    Those above antics including the constant delays on Doomsday Clock would have a certain faction going NUTS if that was Marvel.

There is a REASON the old reprints are selling better.

Why is it we have respresentation for Batman.Superman.Green Lantern which is a Gold Lantern and their's a Dr Fate.but no a Amazon in sight.c'mon DC i'm quite sure that the Future has Amazons after all they are all Immortal.if you can give us Batman Beyond.Superboy.Supergirl.Dr Fate and this Gold Lantern let's put an Amazon on the Team.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Why is it we have respresentation for Batman.Superman.Green Lantern which is a Gold Lantern and their's a Dr Fate.but no a Amazon in sight.c'mon DC i'm quite sure that the Future has Amazons after all they are all Immortal.if you can give us Batman Beyond.Superboy.Supergirl.Dr Fate and this Gold Lantern let's put an Amazon on the Team.
    To be clear though, Batman Beyond isn't on the team. He's just one of the stories in the two part event/lead up to Legion.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Wait, Did that means Jon is the creator of the Legion( And its whole thing in its entirety)?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Yup. All of Superman's legacy with the Legion was just given to Jon.

In many ways I consider this a worse slap in the face than just outright removing it in 86.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I will give this a chance when the
    Collected editions comes out
    Later in 2020

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

In many ways I consider this a worse slap in the face than just outright removing it in 86.
    The kid running around his dad and doing his weird shtick instead of this wouldn't be that bad right about now. Ay!!
    Cheer up dude! Clark gets to be father of jon kent-the creator of legion. Ofcourse, too bad he didn't get to mentor him or raise him. So, there goes even that connection. All in all, clark really lost superfamily, legion.. Everything with his name on it. When bendis decides to give a character a sense of lose. He surely delivers.

Extraordinary Member

So this really is the end of the Levitz/Giffen era (and all those great creators who came before it) of Legion of Super Heroes.

Kind of sad.

Well, when DC says that Clark was never Superboy it kinda paints you into a bit of a corner. I know there are other ways around it, but this is certainly one way of doing it without having to "hide" the Legion from Superman's past.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, when DC says that Clark was never Superboy it kinda paints you into a bit of a corner. I know there are other ways around it, but this is certainly one way of doing it without having to "hide" the Legion from Superman's past.
    Just because he wasn’t Superboy in the costume that Ma Kent made him, doesn’t mean he couldn’t have had adventures as young Clark. It wouldn’t be as extensive as the Silver Age Superboy comic but some things could stay in continuity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Total no bueno, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    So this really is the end of the Levitz/Giffen era (and all those great creators who came before it) of Legion of Super Heroes.

Kind of sad.
    The current events makes that run even more classic, to me.

Extraordinary Member

Has anyone read or heard about identities of the Legionnaires? Is Cosmic Boy still Rokk Krinn from Braal and Lightning Lad still Garth Ranzz from Winath, etc...

And with Light Lass, you have to wonder if Dream Girl still changed her powers from lightning to making things super light.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Just because he wasn’t Superboy in the costume that Ma Kent made him, doesn’t mean he couldn’t have had adventures as young Clark. It wouldn’t be as extensive as the Silver Age Superboy comic but some things could stay in continuity.
    Yes, I know - hence the "I know there are other ways around it" part of my comment. Perhaps Bendis didn't want to work with the handcuffs of "this was in Superman's past so nothing that drastic can happen to him" and he wanted a Superboy where new unexpected things could happen or that he can actually do things with him rather than be forced to preserve Clark in amber because we know he ends up okay.

I'm mostly trying to appreciate what this new situation gives us rather than dwell on what's been lost or how I would have preferred things to be.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, I know - hence the "I know there are other ways around it" part of my comment. Perhaps Bendis didn't want to work with the handcuffs of "this was in Superman's past so nothing that drastic can happen to him" and he wanted a Superboy where new unexpected things could happen or that he can actually do things with him rather than be forced to preserve Clark in amber because we know he ends up okay.

I'm mostly trying to appreciate what this new situation gives us rather than dwell on what's been lost or how I would have preferred things to be.
    I will be happy with a Legion that operates in an optimistic future and tries to maintain and improve the imperfect near-utopia that Earth and the U.P. have become. I do not want a post-apocalyptic Legion. I do not want a cynical take on the Legion. I'm expecting Bendis' LSH to be on par with his Ultimate Spider-man, which to me was the best Spider-man series since the original clone-saga ended back in the early 70's.

This might not be my Legion, but my Legion really ceased to exist when John Byrne rebooted Superman. I have enjoyed almost every revamp of the Legion of Superheroes that DC has put out, and I am very excited for this one.