Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Jesus the designs just keep getting worse and worse. Dawnstar is such a horrible sterotype it is not even funny and poor Element lad looks like he is made of sludge.
    The designs are more radical then any we seen previously. Almost as if the creative team is going really out of its way to be different or shock the audience.

I'm still willing to give it a shot as of right now. Curious what their take on Star and Ultra Boy will be.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Is that black guy with the goatee Bouncing Boy? He looks a little chubby from what we can make out.

Is blonde purple girl with the visor Triplicate Girl?

I assume the figure in the far back above the finger is Colossal Boy if only because he looks like he's in his giant form.

Each news I get from this reboot manages to reduce even more my interest, and this is comming from a really die-hard LSH fan. Sad.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Matter-Eater Lad is a bit too much.
    I disagree. I like that they're leaning into the absurdity of the character. His design makes me think a bit of Marvel's Hercules at his most comically broad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't tell if Dream Girl still has a leotard and it's just downplayed with her clear body or if she's really just naked .
    I wonder if she's a literal dream, in this incarnation, only visible to her teammates when they are asleep or unconscious, providing warnings to them in that state (and perhaps seizing control of the body of a teammate who has been knocked unconscious and causing it to jerk back up and fight some more, with her auto-piloting it!).

"A dream, to some. A nightmare, to others!"

I think Matter-Eater Lad is a bit too much.
    He's like Matter-Eater Lobo. Not a fan. Nor of the strung-out looking Element Lad or the kinda cringe-worthy Dawnstar (although the idea of 'spirit wings' that come and go is neat).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Each news I get from this reboot manages to reduce even more my interest, and this is comming from a really die-hard LSH fan. Sad.

Peace
    Same here, i may take a pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Same here.
    This does not look good.

This looks...really bad. It’s hard to get excited about this as it seems like all of my favorite Legionnaires are there in name only. They’re basically like entirely different characters.

OK, it's compare and contrast time again.

Here are the new designs by Ryan Sook below the classic originals. Which ones of these do you like better?

So who’s the guy in purple? And why does matter eater lad need to wear body braces?
    Last edited by protege; 07-08-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So far the best design is still Shadow Lass. Matter-eater Lad looks alright but I don't care for him, Dawnstar looks over designed and just so obvious it looks stereotypical, the rest are bleh. It seems like they are going over the top for the designs and tone. Still interested in where this is going.

*Edit- Forgot about Dream Girl. She doesn't look bad but it seems they're taking her in the Sandman route or hinting a connection there.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Here are the new designs by Ryan Sook below the classic originals. Which ones of these do you like better?

The top designs, definitely. Simple, classy, while still colorful and cool.

Dream Girl I'm okay on since she looks kind of cool visually but...I dunno, I'm not one to mind, but going from a leotard to actual nudity ?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Even the recent update of Dawnstar's look was 100 times less offensive sterotype wise than this mess that just looks like someone said "just draw and indian". That looks like something they would have come up with in the 70's when no one cared about representing a culture without being a blatant sterotype. I mean seriously how could someone not look at that and say "maybe this is not the best approach for a very underutilzed minority". Christ she might as well have feathers in her hair.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Blok's original
    Dawnstar original (Not really a fan of this either)
    Neither for Dream Girl. Best design for me is her cartoon and post zero-hour designs.
    Neither for Elemant Lad.
    Matter-Eater Lad new design
    Like both Superboys

Everytime I see these redesigns I just think to myself "I've seen better."

Which isn't a knock against Sook as an artist, I've just personally seen Legion designs that have updated their designs better without needing to be as different as they seem to be going with this.