Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

The designs are interesting but I would love it if it’s revealed that this LoS is from another earth and the classic Legion are still out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She looks like she's going for...I dunno how to describe it, millenial cosplay Triplicate Girl?

Although to be honest, her costume looks more like Phantom Girls...which is even weirder if that purple-skinned woman is Phantom Girl.

Timber Wolf looks like he's stumbled out of that Catz trailer.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't radically change Ultra Boy, Colossal Boy, and Bouncing Boy that much.

So does that mean the race-change was for the Lightning kids and not Bouncing Boy? Are they doing the redhead race-change thing again?
    Lightning Lad still seems to have his red hair at least.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The skeleton in the green hazmat suit is likely Chemical King.
    Also a very good possibility given the color. The open shirt may very well have been a dead give away.

That then begs the question: where is Phantom Girl?

Given Bendis' love for PG's Marvel counterpart, Kitty, I'm surprised she isn't here from the start. Or maybe he's saving her for down the road as a new member?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Okay; I'm in.

I really love those design, the color, the vibe. My wallet will cry but I'll buy your LoSH book Bendis !

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The designs are interesting but I would love it if it’s revealed that this LoS is from another earth and the classic Legion are still out there somewhere.
    I'm gonna wait for the actual book to drop, but knowing Bendis, this is likely the classic Legion, but they've just updated their looks.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the actual book to drop, but knowing Bendis, this is likely the classic Legion, but they've just updated their looks.
    How can this be classic legion if they have nothing to do with Clark's superboy or have the old history ?

You guys are confusing me. Hasn't it already been established that the Bendis-Sook Legion is the 32nd Century Legion as opposed to the original Legion, which is the 30th-31st Century team? We've discussed that in this thread and others pages ago.

Some people have been skeptical that this could be another Legion since they have the same codenames, and similar appearances, as the originals, but now that we've seen updated designs, the appearances are often quite different.

I've been doing some thinking as to how this new Legion could have so many members with the same powersets as the originals when some Legionnaires, like Ultra Boy, received their powers through an accident rather than being born with them and so wouldn't have passed their powers on to their descendants.

I think the answer is simple. Not everyone in the 32nd century team is a descendant of an original Legionnaire even if they share the same codename. Perhaps Bendis is doing a variation on the original Legion theme. The original team was inspired by Superboy to become superheroes. In the new team, they could simply have been inspired by the old team to create a new Legion and even chose the codename of an original Legionnaire that they were inspired by or had similar powers to in order to carry on the tradition. So, the new Ultra Boy isn't related to the original, just inspired by him.

If true, I think this is an elegant way Bendis came up with to keep the history of the original Legion intact, create a new team that doesn't replace the original which would be a barrier for fans to accept, be able to do whatever he wants with this new team, and honor the original Legion by having his new team be a team of legacies -- either by ancestry or simply by inspiration.

This looks amazing!

I'll say one thing of these designs: they definitely didn't keep it safe.
    I like that the Legion seems a lot more diverse and alien. Makes sense.
    Some of the designs I really like, but some look ridiculous. Element Lad's gigantic E (which isn't even in Interlac) is probably the worst offender.

Astonishing Member

I have to agree. This is a new Legion for a new audience, and I'm okay with that. I don't know if it will be my cup of tea, but I'll sample a few issues. I'm not a fan of race changes and sex changes to long-established characters, but I understand why they are doing it. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Well, at least Colossal Boy still looks familiar. Timber Wolf is the last character I'd expect to be so bulky. And Ultra Boy's new look -- maybe the worst Sook design to date.

I don't know if this is by coincidence or not, but Triplicate Girl is using the same emblem as Trio -- a member of Dave Cockrum's Outsiders who were going to be an offshot of the Legion. Trio was from the same homeworld as T-Girl, but each triplicate would have a unique power.
    Last edited by kcekada; 07-26-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It is that Dr. Fate of the future or Ferro Lad in a golden suit?
    I think that's Star Boy.

Its nice that the legion is more diverse, and he seems really excited, but I still expect Bendis to drop the ball somehow.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 07-26-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Not that I'm inherently against the idea, but they already did that with the "Threeboot" Legion being from Earth-2. I would rather they not "lame duck" the new team like that right off the bat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Some of the designs I really like, but some look ridiculous. Element Lad's gigantic E (which isn't even in Interlac) is probably the worst offender.
    I don't mind that - could be a cultural thing or just the character's design choice. Like how we still sometimes like to use Roman Numerals. We know the Legion likes things from the past - we'll see how that shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I feel like the more diverse and alien group might work for this comic but not for the Legion as an ongoing brand. Does that make sense?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Speculation on some members.
    But I'm not sure about others
    legion.jpg

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    You guys are confusing me. Hasn't it already been established that the Bendis-Sook Legion is the 32nd Century Legion as opposed to the original Legion, which is the 30th-31st Century team? We've discussed that in this thread and others pages ago.

Some people have been skeptical that this could be another Legion since they have the same codenames, and similar appearances, as the originals, but now that we've seen updated designs, the appearances are often quite different.

I've been doing some thinking as to how this new Legion could have so many members with the same powersets as the originals when some Legionnaires, like Ultra Boy, received their powers through an accident rather than being born with them and so wouldn't have passed their powers on to their descendants.

I think the answer is simple. Not everyone in the 32nd century team is a descendant of an original Legionnaire even if they share the same codename. Perhaps Bendis is doing a variation on the original Legion theme. The original team was inspired by Superboy to become superheroes. In the new team, they could simply have been inspired by the old team to create a new Legion and even chose the codename of an original Legionnaire that they were inspired by or had similar powers to in order to carry on the tradition. So, the new Ultra Boy isn't related to the original, just inspired by him.

If true, I think this is an elegant way Bendis came up with to keep the history of the original Legion intact, create a new team that doesn't replace the original which would be a barrier for fans to accept, be able to do whatever he wants with this new team, and honor the original Legion by having his new team be a team of legacies -- either by ancestry or simply by inspiration.
    But Bendis said currently (as in before issue 16 of Superman) there was no Legion of Super-Heroes in current DC continuity. He also said that this is the first time Superman will be meeting a Legion in this continuity.

It seems like Bendis is moving the Legion to the 32nd century to leave the 30th and 31st centuries untouched as symbolic memorial of those past stories from previous versions of the DCU.

I think it's similar to how, as per Doomsday Clock, Superman debuts later and later in the time line, and his previous first appearances are attributed to earlier continuities.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.