Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So no mention of Saturn Girl and her "mission" in Doomsday Clock/DC Rebirth and/or Emerald Empress ?
    apparently that is now not in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So no mention of Saturn Girl and her "mission" in Doomsday Clock/DC Rebirth and/or Emerald Empress ?
    I could see the importance of the JSA in DClock. After all, they disappeared with Flashpoint. But the Legion existed and even interacted with the DC Universe in nu52 stories. The whole Saturn Girl mission seems unnecessary and forced. Now, I can see the story in shuffling continuity and having the specific resulting Legion be a ramification of the story, but none of this is needed for a new Legion of Super-Heroes #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    At the beginning of my comic reading I don't think I ever started at a "clean" spot.
    I just jumped in and figured it out as I went along.
    It was part of the fun of reading comics.
    I come from B.D. and Mangas. If I don't have an entry point, I won't bother. I like stories to have a beginning, a middle and an end - probably why I'm not too hot for most of DC's biggest properties.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Perhaps it'll give me insentive to cares for the LoSH if Bendis does what he promises.

I know that it's heresy to long-term fans, but I have zero interests in reading outdated vision of the future because they were great once. It's the same problem I have with most of Marvel but especially the X-Men : they don't have an entry point for people like me who need somewhere clean to start.

Without the New 52 I would probably never even care about reading an actual comic, even if I read for time to time what happened to batman on wiki. The JSA and the LoSH lacks such entry point to me, and I don't think I'll care very much for DC's vision of the future, Bendis-flare or not, but at least it'll allow me to try it.
    I have never bought into that "I need a clean jumping on point" thinking. When I jumped into both X-Men and Legion they already had decades of stories under their belts and after a bit I understood everything just fine. This modern way of thinking about always needing a brand new starting point to me is just lazy. Older fans had to jump into every title in the old days without a shinning new number one issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    This is very depressing. We wait years for a LoSH resurrection, and we get Bendis, another reboot, and crap costumes. Not sure If I'll bother.
    my respect for Cockrum grows his Lightning Lad costume designed decades ago is still the best version of Garth's look by far despite several A-list artist's attempts to update the look. I just saw the new Lightning Lad and it made me long for the classic, best one.

Like most people, I'm not a fan of the costume designs, but if the stories are really fantastic and bring the world of the Legion back to life in a way that feels both familiar and surprising (that's what Levitz managed to do), then I will have no problem overlooking the costumes.

Once a new artist comes aboard, we'll be getting new costumes (to complain about) anyway.

I appreciate that Bendis is keeping the Lad-Lass names instead of trying to update them to "cooler" names like we had in the Zero Hour Reboot -- never did like Live Wire at all.

I also like that Bendis has set the Legion roster at a high number (34 members). I'm going to double down on my prediction earlier (in both this thread and the Legion Appreciation thread) that Jon Kent will be a Legionnaire.

I am fully on board with this as I said earlier. Now that we know we're going to have to sift through 34 members (which will probably be cherry-picked from all previous Legion iterations plus I would guess that Bendis will want to contribute a few new ones of his own), we'll need a gateway character now more than ever because even the characters that are familiar to all of us may be getting tweaks to their backstories for this latest reboot.

Jon Kent is popular with the readers, and he'll be a great device to use to learn about this newest Legion as he himself does.

I'm thinking that Jon's addition to the Legion would make 35 members. If so, who do you guys want the other 34 members to be?

So far, we know:

1. Cosmic Boy
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Saturn Girl
    4. Brainiac 5
    5. Chameleon Boy
    6. Shadow Lass
    7. Wildfire
    8. Timber Wolf (or maybe Ultra Boy)

so, who's the rest?
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 06-14-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Like most people, I'm not a fan of the costume designs, but if the stories are really fantastic and bring the world of the Legion back to life in a way that feels both familiar and surprising (that's what Levitz managed to do), then I will have no problem overlooking the costumes.

Once a new artist comes aboard, we'll be getting new costumes (to complain about) anyway.

I appreciate that Bendis is keeping the Lad-Lass names instead of trying to update them to "cooler" names like we had in the Zero Hour Reboot -- never did like Live Wire at all.

I also like that Bendis has set the Legion roster at a high number (34 members). I'm going to double down on my prediction earlier (in both this thread and the Legion Appreciation thread) that Jon Kent will be a Legionnaire.

I am fully on board with this as I said earlier. Now that we know we're going to have to sift through 34 members (which will probably be cherry-picked from all previous Legion iterations plus I would guess that Bendis will want to contribute a few new ones of his own), we'll need a gateway character now more than ever because even the characters that are familiar to all of us may be getting tweaks to their backstories for this latest reboot.

Jon Kent is popular with the readers, and he'll be a great device to use to learn about this newest Legion as he himself does.

I'm thinking that Jon's addition to the Legion would make 35 members. If so, who do you guys want the other 34 members to be?

So far, we know:

1. Cosmic Boy
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Saturn Girl
    4. Brainiac 5
    5. Chameleon Boy
    6. Shadow Lass
    7. Wildfire

so, who's the rest?
    I'd have to think the "musts" for any Legion roster are Bouncing Boy, Phantom Girl, Dawnstar (especially if Wildfire is in it), Triplicate Girl, Dream Girl, Colossal Boy, Shrinking Violet...

I usually will not touch anything Bendis writes but I will give this a chance since it is the LOSH. I’m just glad they are finally back. I’m looking at the bright side. He’s not writing JSA which I am extremely pumped for.

I guess we can see now why Bendis aged up Jon. He’ll most likely be on the new LoS team.

I'm thinking Jon and Supergirl will both be members at least for a time. Possibly even Naomi.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-14-2019 at 06:30 PM.

While I'm not crazy about any of the redesigns at this point, the only thing that bothers me is Garth's hair. Aside from being too similar to Rokk, it's just waack-a-doodle.

Although if soulpatch turns out to be Timberwolf or Ultra Boy I will be upset by that.

As long as Timber Wolf is far away from looking like 'Furball' and Sensor Girl/Projectra isn't a snake, I'll be good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I hope we see XS, Karate Kid, Dreamgirl, Ultra Boy, Kid Quantum, Microlad or Starboy
    Last edited by 9th.; 06-14-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While I'm not crazy about any of the redesigns at this point, the only thing that bothers me is Garth's hair. Aside from being too similar to Rokk, it's just waack-a-doodle.
    I still don't really get why the founding three all needed to have short, weird, hair.

I wonder if it was coincidental or intentional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    As long as Timber Wolf is far away from looking like 'Furball' and Sensor Girl/Projectra isn't a snake, I'll be good.
    I'm going to be a little miffed if Dream Girl doesn't have the leotard, politically incorrect as it is in this modern era of Superhero costumes .

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

So far, we know:

1. Cosmic Boy
    2. Lightning Lad
    3. Saturn Girl
    4. Brainiac 5
    5. Chameleon Boy
    6. Shadow Lass
    7. Wildfire

so, who's the rest?
    My picks:
    9. Phantom Girl
    10. Starboy
    11. Mon-El
    12. Dream Girl
    13. Dawnstar
    14. Kid Quantum
    15. XS
    16. White Witch
    17. Blok
    18. Night Girl
    19. Karate Kid II
    20. Invisible Kid II
    21. Tyroc
    22. Ultra Boy (or Timber Wolf, if #8 is Ultra Boy)
    23. Supergirl
    24. Sun Boy
    25. Light Lass
    26. Shrinking Violet
    27. Dragonwing
    28. Polar Boy
    29. Sensor Girl/Projectra
    30. Gates
    31. Colossal Boy
    32. Element Lad
    33. Gear
    34. Comet Queen
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.