Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I like Sun 's new look! Blok appears to not have a head.

The cutouts on the purple girl's costume make me think Phantom Girl but the colors make me think Shrinking Violet.
    I think you're correct about Shrinking Violet. I figure the lady in blue on the top row is either Light/Lightning Lass, Dream Girl, or Projectra. Or perhaps a new character we don't know about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    The cutouts on the purple girl's costume make me think Phantom Girl but the colors make me think Shrinking Violet.
    The purple says Shrinking Violet but Phantom Girl's color scheme is black and white, like most of the costume is.

Not that they need to follow their classic color schemes as evidenced by Sun Boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I think you're correct about Shrinking Violet. I figure the lady in blue on the top row is either Light/Lightning Lass, Dream Girl, or Projectra. Or perhaps a new character we don't know about yet.
    Y'know, the blue and the kind of "lightning" design leads me to also think it might be Lightning Lass.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Why can't poor Blok have a head?!?

I love the Legion and hope for the best. I wanted to wait till the series started before making a comment but the more i see the less i feel like i will even make it to the series before i just say not for me. To those liking the new looks i am happy for you but for me they hurt my eyes almost to the point of bleeding! My plan is to give it 6 issue to pull me in and i hope i'm wrong and it gets me hooked. I'ts been way to long without a Legion and Bendis is killing it with the other comics so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

I don't think they're introducing new characters at this point because it wouldn't really have any impact on fans.

I have to say the 32nd Century idea is allowing me to accept Ryan Sook's designs more easily. Even if I don't love them, at least they're not replacing anything on the original Legion so I don't feel as though "my" Legion is being changed or rebooted again.

A new Legion 100 years after the original makes the whole thing go down a lot easier for me.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I don't think they're introducing new characters at this point because it wouldn't really have any impact on fans.

I have to say the 32nd Century idea is allowing me to accept Ryan Sook's designs more easily. Even if I don't love them, at least they're not replacing anything on the original Legion so I don't feel as though "my" Legion is being changed or rebooted again.

A new Legion 100 years after the original makes the whole thing go down a lot easier for me.
    To me it just makes it that much easier to skip honestly. The more I see and hear the easier it is making it for me to just sit the Ben-boot out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    To me it just makes it that much easier to skip honestly. The more I see and hear the easier it is making it for me to just sit the Ben-boot out.
    Well, it'll be skippable if DC lets it be.

I have a feeling DC and Bendis understand that, in today's market, the Legion can't be isolated from the rest of the DCU, so I would expect plenty of crossover with the other Bendis titles and the larger DC Universe once the comic gets launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now, what will be...

Attachment 83794
    (Seems like it could not post along with the previous item).
    Ok, I'm going to add my own speculation lineup:
    Blok, Starboy, Cosmic Boy, Light Lass (Ayla, you can see a feather as an icon), Chameleon Boy, Bainiac 5,Mon-El... Violet? Phantom Girl? Dream Girl? I'm going for Dream Girl, Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Lighning Lad,Sun Boy.

And I hope they keep Dream Girl as Dream Girl.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I've tried reboots before, and I"m willing to try it again. No DC property has been able to retain its history -- so why should Legion be any different. I'm not a kid -- so I don't expect any series to connect with me the way Legion did when I was 8 or 9. But Legion is such a fun concept -- or, at least, should be. So even if the stakes are higher -- I expects some attributes of what made the classic Legion so popular to be in the new series.

And costumes can and will change. Sook is a brilliant artist (not necessarily a great designer), so I think the series will look good despite how the characters are dressed.

Blok has a head, it's just extremely tiny .
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    And costumes can and will change. Sook is a brilliant artist (not necessarily a great designer), so I think the series will look good despite how the characters are dressed.
    I think Sook is a great artist, but I think they should've had Fabok, Reis, or Jiminez redesign the Legion if they were going to have someone revamp them.

I think getting an artist outside the usual house artists (much as I like Reis and co) was a good idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Sook is a great artist, but I think they should've had Fabok, Reis, or Jiminez redesign the Legion if they were going to have someone revamp them.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think getting an artist outside the usual house artists (much as I like Reis and co) was a good idea.
    I mean, when your house artists are as good as Reis, Fabok, and Jiminez...well, it's a high pedigree .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, when your house artists are as good as Reis, Fabok, and Jiminez...well, it's a high pedigree .
    Certainly! I just think it's good to mix it up every once and a while.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Certainly! I just think it's good to mix it up every once and a while.
    I'm also fine with mixing it up in a while but I'm not absolutely crazy about any of these designs.

At best I think they're kind of interesting for the most part but I don't think that'll help their longevity. But that's just my take.