Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Perhaps because in the 32nd Century, peoples have gotten over the appearance of others ?

What's the point of an alien character if he looks 90% like a human anyway ?
    If that is the case then why take on a humanoid apperence at all?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Woah 34 members? Thats a lot. My one hope is that Bendis brings back the zero hour original characters like Kid Quantum II, Monstress, XS, Kinetix, Shikari and Gears.

OC as in original cast?
    Considering that Bendis is incapable of writing more than two or three character types, can you imagine how 34 interchangable characters are going to sound? I really fear for this.

Peace

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    One of the characters looks like it could be Andromeda. That would be cool.
    I would live to have Andromeda back!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Considering that Bendis is incapable of writing more than two or three character types, can you imagine how 34 interchangable characters are going to sound? I really fear for this.

Peace
    The dialogue might be kind of hilarious too, though .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The dialogue might be kind of hilarious too, though .
    Bendis makes everyone talk like Spider-Man, and he makes Spider-Man talk like a character who is a parody of spider-man.

He says 34, but he'll narrow it down to his five or ten favorites, and just have the others show up when they're needed.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-21-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I was thinking myself how Cochram's designs really gave the Legion a jolt. I remember how disappointed I was when Mike Grell took over. Disappointed by Mark Grell! Can you imagine?
    I can imagine. I actually felt the same way. Cockrum is my all-time favorite Legion artist, despite such a short run.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Bendis makes everyone talk like Spider-Man, and he makes Spider-Man talk like a character who is a parody of spider-man.

He says 34, but he'll narrow it down to his five or ten favorites, and just have the others show up when they're needed.
    Well... at least that would be a change from Levitz's 2010 run, where it was mostly "Earth-Man and his Amazing Frenemies".

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, and hope he's enough of a Legion fan and a writer to have read Levitz's Paradigm for handling large casts of characters.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I wouldn't be surprised if a good deal of the 34 are on background duty, to be honest.

I don't know the Legion of Superheroes from a hole in the ground. That said, I have the same question now that I did when Bendis was Mr. Marvel... does this man ever sleep?

Incredible Member

I just hope one of those 34 is matter eater lad!

I actually loved the voice he gave Superman early in his run. He had a sense of humor but it wasn’t quip-y, like say Spider-Man. He didn’t make jokes at people’s expense (maybe Batman’s). He was even kinda self deprecating, which worked to show Superman’s humble side. At the same time he was very confident in dangerous situations. I thought Bendis found a great balance. Almost a more modern version of Christopher Reeves’ Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I just hope one of those 34 is matter eater lad!
    was just about to post the EXACT same words, LQTM (laughing quietly to myself)
    I have no beef with Vegans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I can imagine. I actually felt the same way. Cockrum is my all-time favorite Legion artist, despite such a short run.
    Peace
    Definitely. He really defined the team's look, in a short time, and I still think of the strange flourishes he would put on some of the costumes (particularly Violets and Projectras) as super-cool, when so many other heroes had the solid colors going on. It was almost like he was deliberately making them harder to draw, by putting designs and patterns on them, and I totally loved it.

I still wish some of his other characters had made it into the Legion, like Nightcrawler (who he later introduced to the X-Men, instead), or Belladonna or Trio (a Carggite whose three bodies had three different super-powers, as Hellion, Vixen and Spitfire!).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if a good deal of the 34 are on background duty, to be honest.
    I don't mind that. I like the idea of the majority of members not being active all the time -- and then going active as needed. That doesn't mean a character should not appear in a story just because he/she isn't part of a mission. I love seeing Legionnaires in downtime -- interacting with each other. But I don't think we need to see what each of the 34 in every issue.

Incredible Member

My cynical thought: They are setting this in the 32nd century as a safety net. If it fails, and/or people don't buy into the Bendis interpretation of the Legion, they can abandon this reboot and say something like, "Meanwhile, back in the early 31st century with the Legion we all know..."