Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I don't love Timber Wolf's new bulky look. One of his main powers is super acrobatics and he looks far too bulky to do acrobatics. I guess he still could but I don't think it will look as cool.
    I'm in agreement there. This is a much better look:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I don't love Timber Wolf's new bulky look. One of his main powers is super acrobatics and he looks far too bulky to do acrobatics. I guess he still could but I don't think it will look as cool.
    It is an odd look for someone whose super-power is 'super-acrobatics' (i.e. superhuman agility), who also happens to have super-strength. (But not regeneration or heightened senses or claws, like some lame Wolverine wanna-be.)

I prefer the leaner look that Lightle occasionally used for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

Or this:

I also don't like how armored his suit looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is an odd look for someone whose super-power is 'super-acrobatics' (i.e. superhuman agility), who also happens to have super-strength. (But not regeneration or heightened senses or claws, like some lame Wolverine wanna-be.)

They made Brin look even more like Wolverine, people already think that he's a rip-off when it's the other way around. What if Bendis makes an X-23 knock-off?

Edit: Oh man I remembered, he loves showing characters sitting around eating. Has he done that in his DC books yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They made Brin look even more like Wolverine, people already think that he's a rip-off when it's the other way around. What if Bendis makes an X-23 knock-off?

Edit: Oh man I remembered, he loves showing characters sitting around eating. Has he done that in his DC books yet?
    Nope, he’s been pretty good at avoiding his usual cliches. But I am very worried about his LoSH given how bad his GotG was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nope, he’s been pretty good at avoiding his usual cliches. But I am very worried about his LoSH given how bad his GotG was.
    I don't want to be completely against Bendis on this one but there's so many elements of the Legion that I feel are not suited to Bendis' writing style or he's struggled with in the past.

That's not to say he can't improve as a writer, but it's part of why I've been so apprehensive about him on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No, but I fully expect a double-page spread with 34 panels of ME-Lad eating something from start to finish.

Also a lengthy talking-head sequence of Wildfire that emphasizes how he has no facial expressions.
    Wouldn't that be Tom King's department?
    At least Wildfire's head isn't on fire...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

That's my fave version of Timber Wolf.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Dawny's new costume isn't that bad, aside from whatever's going on on her face (a visor? a cowl? makeup?) but the "spirit wings" are really really dumb. Are they going to nerf her powers too? Her powerset is one of favorites, it's just so odd--unaided spaceflight and protection, FTL travel and yet she isn't a speedster, and of course the tracking ability.

Anyway, I read the first two issues of Hickman's X-Men and I am more depressed than ever that DC poached Bendis and not him. Hickman was made for Legion stories. His X-books even have a future a thousand years from now!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Dawny's new costume isn't that bad, aside from whatever's going on on her face (a visor? a cowl? makeup?) but the "spirit wings" are really really dumb. Are they going to nerf her powers too? Her powerset is one of favorites, it's just so odd--unaided spaceflight and protection, FTL travel and yet she isn't a speedster, and of course the tracking ability.

Anyway, I read the first two issues of Hickman's X-Men and I am more depressed than ever that DC poached Bendis and not him. Hickman was made for Legion stories. His X-books even have a future a thousand years from now!
    Hickman on Legion or Titans would've been something else. I won't write Bendis off yet though, we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Admittedly, we don't know exactly what he'll be able to do in this new Legion. We can only assume. But out of all the Legionnaires, he'd be the last character I'd expect to see bulky -- despite that horrible Furball phase he had.

Yeah, it makes no sense to emulate Wolverine the comic book character, because his size and stockiness is meant to resemble the wolverine animal. Brin should be lean like... y'know, a WOLF.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

For anyone who hasn't heard, (presumably, given he fits the physical bill) the new member with the tail whom everyone assumed was Timber Wolf is actually known as Monster Boy. Apparently his real name will be Arune Singh. He's named after the real life Arune Singh as a homage to him by Bendis.

Here's the tweet from Bendis https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...06649906335744
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I have to wonder how he gets that name. Similar to "Monstress," I hope it's not just based on some antiquated notion of beauty. Hate-Face (allegedly) died of a broken heart. Let's not repeat that mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    For anyone who hasn't heard, (presumably, given he fits the physical bill) the new member with the tail whom everyone assumed was Timber Wolf is actually known as Monster Boy. Apparently his real name will be Arune Singh. He's named after the real life Arune Singh as a homage to him by Bendis.

Here's the tweet from Bendis https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...06649906335744
    "Singh?" is he descended from Barry Allen's captain? Does he have an insatiable need to complain about somebody being late ?

"Monster Boy" reminds me of Kid Kaiju. I wonder if he transforms into different monsters, but that might be too much like Chameleon Boy.