Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    My cynical thought: They are setting this in the 32nd century as a safety net. If it fails, and/or people don't buy into the Bendis interpretation of the Legion, they can abandon this reboot and say something like, "Meanwhile, back in the early 31st century with the Legion we all know..."
    I don't think it's cynical. Given the number of reboots the Legion has had, it's a smart thing to do.

But I think it serves multiple purposes. Yes, this new Legion can now be easily discarded if it fails, but it also keeps the old continuity alive in the minds of the older Legion fans like me.

It also gives everyone a clean starting point so that we all learn about this new Legion together (through the eyes of Jon Kent as I've been saying for months). This way, Bendis is not replacing the old Legion; he's simply adding a new Legion 100 years later.

I find it to be the most elegant way of doing yet another relaunch. You can't put a new Legion comic out there and expect fans to learn 60 years of Legion history plus all the retcons in order to enjoy a new comic. They just won't do it. Quite frankly, I myself wouldn't do it.

This way, we get the essence of what was cool about the original Legion -- a bunch of superpowered teens in the future forming a club. That's all anyone now needs to know about the team. Bendis can then build up from there. I'm hoping he won't bother to address what happened in the 31st century and how things have changed in the 32nd because that would then be bringing back all the stuff from the past that makes the Legion a very daunting comic to get into for lots of people.

I feel like "31st century" rolls off the tongue better .

Spectacular Member

If this is going to be set in some sort of apocalyptic or dystopic future, then forget it. Depressing Legion comics just don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by WTNew View Post
    If this is going to be set in some sort of apocalyptic or dystopic future, then forget it. Depressing Legion comics just don't work.
    There's nothing to indicate that Bendis would go in that direction. Bendis is 51, which likely means the Legion he grew up with was the late 70s / early 80s version. So, Paul Levitz was the writer for most of his Legion. I have a feeling he'll be taking his cue from that.

The only truly dystopian Legion that we've had was the 5 Years Later direction, which only lasted, appropriately enough, five years before it was rebooted with the Archie Legion. I don't think for a minute Bendis would return to that feel for the comic.

Nothing in Ryan Sook's art looks like it'll be anything but a classic superhero romp, which is what the Legion should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Chameleon Boy only takes on a human apperance to better fit in with his teamates, and usually stays as close to human as he can to make it easier. His true form is very alien unsettling. This new version just looks weird when compared to his past versions, and when the whole point of him taking a human form is to fit in why would he choose to look so odd.

This is the true form of a Durlan.

The orange skinned durlans and the green tentacled cloaked durlans are both their real forms... sort of. Remember as the durlans don't have a real form, they choose a form to identify their tribes.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Some of my favorite looks where

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really loved Gary Frank’s LoS redesigns. They weren’t too drastic. Just more modern takes on the classic costumes.

What it was..
    and what will be...

Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-24-2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: correction quote
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Now, what will be...

00_SookLegion.jpg
    (Seems like it could not post along with the previous item).
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-24-2019 at 08:36 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now, what will be...

00_SookLegion.jpg
    Huh, so...

Blok -> Star Boy? -> Cosmic Boy -> I'm really not sure, but the the leotard makes me think Dream Girl but they look more ice-based. Gender-flipped Polar Boy? -> Chameleon Boy - Brainiac 5.

Mon-El -> Phantom Girl? -> Saturn Girl -> Shadow Lass -> Lightning Lad -> Sun Boy?

Is it odd that it seems the team is going to end up resembling the Shi'ar Imperial Guard more than the Legion?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like "31st century" rolls off the tongue better .
    I liked the 30th century just fine. Then again, the Legion's 'future' has always been based around a weird concept of 'the future' as not being so much any set time, as '1000 years from whatever is going on in our current books.' Some event happens in the present, and bang, 1000 years from now, everybody suddenly remembers that Supergirl died *a thousand years ago* and has a sad, as if time travel suddenly stopped working and the Supergirl from one thousand *and one* years ago couldn't still show up and visit next week...

Astonishing Member

Blok is naked! You don't see Ben Grimm running around without covering his junk!

Based on color scheme -- I wonder if one of those new character designs is for Ayla-- Lightning/Light Lass?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it odd that it seems the team is going to end up resembling the Shi'ar Imperial Guard more than the Legion?

Astonishing Member

When you zoom in -- it appears the new ladies that have been added are both wearing some kind of helmet or visor. I think the blue/white female may indeed by Ayla. I wonder if the purple clad/skinned chick could be Shrinking Violet or XS?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now, what will be...

00_SookLegion.jpg
    Wow...

That’s, not good.

Mighty Member

I like Sun Boy's new look! Blok appears to not have a head.

The cutouts on the purple girl's costume make me think Phantom Girl but the colors make me think Shrinking Violet.
    Last edited by vartox; 06-25-2019 at 09:34 AM.