Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Singh?" is he descended from Barry Allen's captain? Does he have an insatiable need to complain about somebody being late ?
    Ha! Arune's currently at Boom but was at Marvel for years and began his career here at CBR.
    DRINK!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Monster Boy" reminds me of Kid Kaiju. I wonder if he transforms into different monsters, but that might be too much like Chameleon Boy.
    Someone who turns into mythical monsters, and has their super-powers, such as turning into a gorgon and being able to turn people to stone with a gaze (only for it to wear off when you change form), or change into a siren and be able to captivate people with a song, or into the Nemean lion and become invulnerable to conventional weapons, could be funky.

Maybe he can control monsters the way Aquaman talks to fish? That's be different than Cham at least...

I would much rather see new characters that can take off rather than be distracted by the changes that were made to existing characters. But of course there's nothing else to do while we wait for the thing...

Some more infos on some of the Legionaires in the group shot :

Someone needed to tell Sook about the value of editing and how power can come from simplicity rather than being over-worked. (hopefully the overly busy designs are only on a few characters and that it will make sense) But that's me. Still hoping it will all look good when it's on the page.

So instead of a mullet-hawk Lightning Lad now has a copper colored hi-top fade. Haven't seen one of those since house party.

So what do we think is going on with Jeckie, is she Crystal now? How come she has a neck and Blok doesn't?
    Last edited by Overhazard; 08-14-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just when I thought Shrinking Violet couldn't look more butch.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Just when I thought Shrinking Violet couldn't look more butch.
    Seriously, isn’t shrinking violet supposed to be a sort of reserved character? I also saw a picture of timber wolf over at bleeding cool- he looks really bulky.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

I enjoy Sook's art, but the redesigns are not feasible, and he's a slow artist. Unless DC gave him at least 16 months to work in advance, he's only going to last 3 issues on this title.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Jeckie looks like she's going to dispatch Crystar to do her bidding.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    So instead of a mullet-hawk Lightning Lad now has a copper colored hi-top fade. Haven't seen one of those since house party.
    The hi-top fade and variations of it are actually extremely popular right now with teens and young adults, and have been for like almost a decade. I'm 26 and I had one and a frohawk within the last 5 years.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Seriously, isn’t shrinking violet supposed to be a sort of reserved character? I also saw a picture of timber wolf over at bleeding cool- he looks really bulky.
    Yeah, a “shrinking violet” is a person who is very shy. Her name is a play on words since she shrinks and has a shy personality. Making her look garish and tough doesn’t make sense.

Timber Wolf is my favorite Legionnaire. I’m so freaking disappointed with his look.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, for anyone who hasn't heard, Superman issue 14 and Supergirl issue 33 were supposed to be the issues where we got the Legion for the first time in this DCU, but due to some issues with the covers they had to be delayed till the 28 of this month and the 4th (I think) of the next. But there are spoilers out because the books still shipped.

So here's our first look at not just the Legion speaking, but also the formation of the United Planets, Superboy being offered a spot on the team, and the start of a new holiday.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...ion-a.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...189-1.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...egion.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...nited.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...irl-1.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...out-1.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...out-1.jpg#main
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, a “shrinking violet” is a person who is very shy. Her name is a play on words since she shrinks and has a shy personality. Making her look garish and tough doesn’t make sense.
    To be fair, Violet hasn't been shy and reserved since her capture by Imskian separatists, back in the 80s. She's more of a confrontational butt-kicker these days, which is cool, to have seen some character development and organic growth. She's radically different than when she was introduced, but it's all been story-driven and not just some magical retcon thing where she is suddenly a different character.

(That said, this Violet could be anything at all. I have no idea, nor even preconceptions, since everyone looks so radically different, and Bendis, at best, has like one or two default voices he writes everyone with anyway, and they tend to swap back and forth, depending on who happens to be present in a scene when he wants to deliver a bit of dialogue. "Today's snarky comment will be delivered by..." spins wheel, "Chameleon Boy!" "Explicative monologue to be delivered by Brainy, since that's his job, oh crap, he's not here, so, I guess, Star Boy is suddenly an expert on astrophysics? His parents were scientists, right? Maybe it's genetic...")

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    To be fair, Violet hasn't been shy and reserved since her capture by Imskian separatists, back in the 80s. She's more of a confrontational butt-kicker these days, which is cool, to have seen some character development and organic growth. She's radically different than when she was introduced, but it's all been story-driven and not just some magical retcon thing where she is suddenly a different character.

(That said, this Violet could be anything at all. I have no idea, nor even preconceptions, since everyone looks so radically different, and Bendis, at best, has like one or two default voices he writes everyone with anyway, and they tend to swap back and forth, depending on who happens to be present in a scene when he wants to deliver a bit of dialogue. "Today's snarky comment will be delivered by..." spins wheel, "Chameleon Boy!" "Explicative monologue to be delivered by Brainy, since that's his job, oh crap, he's not here, so, I guess, Star Boy is suddenly an expert on astrophysics? His parents were scientists, right? Maybe it's genetic...")
    Reboot Violet went back to the wallflower characterization for years, but between being possessed by the Emerald Eye and just the passage of time she became less that, so it does have a more modern touchstone. (I do not recall at all what the threeboot Violet was like) But who knows what her personality will be, despite her physical build? And also ... from the Bleeding Cool pages, I just noticed that aside from the bulky new frame, Brin's got some unfortunate chin-strap facial hair going on ....
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-14-2019 at 01:05 PM.