Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Some more infos on some of the Legionaires in the group shot :

Does anyone else think Lightning Lad looks like Keiynan Lonsdale?

Shrinking Violet seems a bit much. She definitely doesn't look like a hero who size-changes. I preferred her cuter design from the Legion cartoon.

Projectra looks pretty cool. Too detailed and nonhuman to stick, but still interesting.

Triplicate Girl looks like a future millennial Superhero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So, for anyone who hasn't heard, Superman issue 14 and Supergirl issue 33 were supposed to be the issues where we got the Legion for the first time in this DCU, but due to some issues with the covers they had to be delayed till the 28 of this month and the 4th (I think) of the next. But there are spoilers out because the books still shipped.

So here's our first look at not just the Legion speaking, but also the formation of the United Planets, Superboy being offered a spot on the team, and the start of a new holiday.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...ion-a.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...189-1.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...egion.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...nited.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...irl-1.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...out-1.jpg#main

https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...out-1.jpg#main
    Man, those designs look really busy. Even when Reis is drawing them.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Reboot Violet went back to the wallflower characterization for years, but between being possessed by the Emerald Eye and just the passage of time she became less that, so it does have a more modern touchstone. (I do not recall at all what the threeboot Violet was like) But who knows what her personality will be, despite her physical build? And also ... from the Bleeding Cool pages, I just noticed that aside from the bulky new frame, Brin's got some unfortunate chin-strap facial hair going on ....
    Well... at least someone has some facial hair.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I don't like stout and bulky Timber Wolf.

(And Atrocitus is totally going to bail out of that United Planets peace talk, right?)

So they are from the 31th century?. there goes my hope that was the next generation Legion. and there goes my last interest in this

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Well... at least someone has some facial hair.
    I thought matter eater lad had some.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    So they are from the 31th century?. there goes my hope that was the next generation Legion. and there goes my last interest in this
    Was it ever confirmed they were going to be the next generation? DC seems hangover on rebooting them every time.

LL is handsome but I really want to know why DC feels the need to make another black electricity based hero. That's four now...

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Was it ever confirmed they were going to be the next generation?
    Nah, never once did Bendis or anyone from DC say that this was the next generation Legion. That was strictly an assumption made by some fans.

The confusion/assumption seemed to come from Bendis saying that they were from the 32nd century, but he clarified that that was more a symbolic gesture on his part.

Maybe Bendis or DC editorial decided that the gesture brings about too much confusion?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I thought matter eater lad had some.
    I forget Matter Eater Lad.
    I had blocked him out of my Legion memory for over 30 years. lol
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Someone needed to tell Sook about the value of editing and how power can come from simplicity rather than being over-worked. (hopefully the overly busy designs are only on a few characters and that it will make sense) But that's me. Still hoping it will all look good when it's on the page.
    They look like they are kinda based off Nu52 Superman suit to me. I never hate that suit or flash suit but yeah I find these design like those a tad too busy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Some more infos on some of the Legionaires in the group shot :

Shrinking Violet and Projectra don’t look like themselves, like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think anybody really does.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-15-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

The more designs that are revealed, the less the characters have any resemblance to classic Legionnaires -- for better or worse.

I do note some minor similarities between Cockrum's designs and Sooks designs for Lightning Lad, Projectra and Violet. But yeah-- way too busy if these characters are going to appear in more than one panel per story.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They look like they are kinda based off Nu52 Superman suit to me. I never hate that suit or flash suit but yeah I find these design like those a tad too busy
    I agree. It would have made more sense if this Legion was inspired by the Nu52 Superman and tied to him, but even Supes ditched that costume.

I agree. It would have made more sense if this Legion was inspired by the Nu52 Superman and tied to him, but even Supes ditched that costume.
    They look like a New 52 Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(And Atrocitus is totally going to bail out of that United Planets peace talk, right?)
    Atrocious may not be likely to stay but given that there appears to be a new lantern within the preview line-up iÂ’d assume that at least some of the lantern corps approve of the United Planets.

Also now I kind of want to see a space focused series focused on the modern day incarnation of the United Planets forming. DoesnÂ’t have to be Green Lanterns, Superman, or Justice League Odyssey, just something interesting that may play with a new intergalactic government system that we the readers know will one day get itself working.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I've always felt that the Legion, two dozen or more teens and twenty-somethings from two dozen different *worlds,* every one of them likely having many dozens of different unique styles and cultures, just like Earth, having any sort of unified look was a misstep. Just use the very different design sensibilities they already had, having been introduced sometimes decades apart from each other, by wildly different artists, to represent that they are indeed a Legion of Super-Heroes, composed of many diverse individuals, and not a Lantern Corps, in matching space cop uniforms.

The last thing that makes sense for the Legion is for more than a few of them (fashion victims all, chasing the latest styles) to wear outfits with any sort of unifying element or theme that ties them all together. (They have matching Flight Rings, for that. Everybody gets one. Even Quislet probably had one tucked away in his ship, even if he only used it for comms...)