Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Now, let's compare Bronze Age Legion to the Bendis-Sook Legion:

Well, today's picture sure wins on coloring quality, but I don't think any of the new designs is superior.

What's the verdict from everyone else?

I honestly favor Sook's design, save for Lightning Lad, whose costume is a little too busy, I think.

The older designs aren't bad, not by a long shot (save perhaps Chameleon Boy) but they truly scream 60/70's vision of the future to me, which isn't exactly inspiring, save in books I read as a kid (Valerian and Laureline, Yoko Tsuno, mainly) because nostalgia is a huge factor.

Honestly, the comparison makes me want to get the new LoSH books more now. If only to see if Bendis will add new characters.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well, today's picture sure wins on coloring quality, but I don't think any of the new designs is superior.

I like the older designs. It has the atomic age flavour to it. New design don't. But, i like some aspects of the new designs like the hand gear. I also like brainiac's new designs.As for hairstyles, yeah! I would have kept them as it was.of the Newer ones, many look the same. Legion members should have distinct features.
    As for new members, i have been batting for a whole new generation of legion.Clark can have his generation. Jon can be part of new one.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

When was the last time Sook actually worked on a monthly? Think he can make it past six issues?

IF the rumors/speculation are true and it's the legion of the 32 century and they are the kids/descendant of the real legion i could live with it. This way Bendis will not mess with the REAL Legion.

still need to add a line to my collection

https://dc-microheroes.fandom.com/wi...f_Super-Heroes

I don't think the new designs are as bad as people are making them out to be. Saturn Girl's is the one that I like the least (it doesn't seem to fit the style of the others as much), but the others are just a little bit too busy. Simplify them a bit and they're all pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    IF the rumors/speculation are true and it's the legion of the 32 century and they are the kids/descendant of the real legion i could live with it. This way Bendis will not mess with the REAL Legion.

I really don't think they're the legacies of the originals. They look too much like their namesakes to not be rebooted versions of them.

I had not heard that rumor at all, but I really like it!

That way, Bendis doesn't even have to bother with any of the old history and can create a brand new jumping on point for everyone that doesn't contradict whatever personal preferences fans have about prior Legions.

In fact, the "descendants of the original" is what Supergirl first encountered back in the Silver Age before it was retconned that it was the same Legion as Superboy's.

Also, if Geoff Johns is doing something with Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock, then Bendis' Legion of the 32nd century won't contradict any of that. Just let Johns wrap up that plot however he wants, then close off the classic 30th-31st century Legion and go forward with the 32nd century version.

This would negate my main complaint about Chameleon Boy. Sook's version looks like a wide-eyed innocent version of the character, whereas the classic Chameleon Boy was one of the more intelligent members and a great strategist who was permanent leader of the Legion Espionage Squad and was the one to figure out that Brainiac 5 was the Legion traitor.

I honestly like the new designs more, well except for Saturn Girl's design. She looks too masculine imo. Also it's cool to see that Cosmic Boy is POC now, or racially ambiguous.

Anyway, Dawnstar, Wildfire and Timber Wolf are my favorites so hopefully they are included in this reboot!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

If it's not the real legion as it were, I'd be giving this a hard pass, I'm already disinterested with Jon being aged

Astonishing Member

Cosmic Boy's salmon colored leotard is not a great color, but the design isn't too bad. Maybe short sleeves instead of sleeveless -- and lose the belt? Brainiac 5 looks like a wimp. That ain't Brainy to me. Saturn girl is asexual -- probably on purpose, but I am not thrilled by it. I'm sure there will be other aspects added to appeal to a younger/progressive audience. I hope they bring in Infectious Lass as a member this time -- maybe some other subs as well --- like Night Girl -- with less restrictions on their powers.

I'll always favor Cockrum's designs, but I really think they were of a certain time. I don't see many/any designs these days that really appeal to me, but I'm glad Sook at least gave them individual looks. I wasn't crazy about that vertical strip used in the 90s Legion.

I really don't see that going over well if that's the case.

I had not heard that rumor at all, but I really like it!

That way, Bendis doesn't even have to bother with any of the old history and can create a brand new jumping on point for everyone that doesn't contradict whatever personal preferences fans have about prior Legions.

In fact, the "descendants of the original" is what Supergirl first encountered back in the Silver Age before it was retconned that it was the same Legion as Superboy's.

Also, if Geoff Johns is doing something with Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock, then Bendis' Legion of the 32nd century won't contradict any of that. Just let Johns wrap up that plot however he wants, then close off the classic 30th-31st century Legion and go forward with the 32nd century version.

This would negate my main complaint about Chameleon Boy. Sook's version looks like a wide-eyed innocent version of the character, whereas the classic Chameleon Boy was one of the more intelligent members and a great strategist who was permanent leader of the Legion Espionage Squad and was the one to figure out that Brainiac 5 was the Legion traitor.
    The other part of the theory is they come to as Superboy (Jon) to join them.

Mighty Member

But some received powers from incidents/accidents (Ultra Boy, Lightning Lad, Sun Boy, etc.) not genetics, so they wouldn't be passed from parent to child. And could Wildfire even reproduce?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hope they bring in Infectious Lass as a member this time -- maybe some other subs as well --- like Night Girl -- with less restrictions on their powers.
    That would be cool. Infectious Lass, Night Girl, Chameleon Girl, Green Lantern / Rond Vidar and Karate Kid 2 / Myg have all been *said* to be Legionnaires at various points, but their becoming Legionnaires (or even functioning as part of the team) was never shown on-page, so they have been given relatively short shrift.

(Technically, the latter two died immediately after being introduced as Legionnaires, or past Legionnaires, in Legion of Three Worlds, but considering that the mini was crawling with cross-time and AU versions of characters, and that the 'Mygg' that died had a differently spelled name, was old enough to have graying hair at the temples (despite being younger than the rest of the Legion when introduced) and was caucasian (despite being Asian in his first appearance), I'm gonna go with 'could still be alive, 'cause their deaths were badly written.' I mean, killed by Radiation Roy, who has the amazingly deadly power to shoot paralysis beams? Ugh.)

I like the Cockrum designs, and the new ones don't bother me, they just kind of look like mass effect suits with a splash of color here and there. I'll have to see what the others look like, I also wonder which character bendis will have go "Huarrrgghh!" It'll probably be Brin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    But some received powers from incidents/accidents (Ultra Boy, Lightning Lad, Sun Boy, etc.) not genetics, so they wouldn't be passed from parent to child. And could Wildfire even reproduce?
    While a book based on a new generation, including various Legion-spawn, could be neat, their powers would be quite different. Garth and Imra's kid would likely had a smattering of lightning powers *and* telepathy, for example, and Jo and Tinya's kid a mixture of phasing and ultra-energy. A child of Mon-El and Tasma may not even have darkness related powers, since those are a mystical thing one earns, not something one is born with, but would have the same sort of 'half-Kryptonian' powers from their 1/2-Daxamite heritage as Conner Kent. In short, very different!

The only way the 'Legion's kids' would be the same as the Legion themselves if the 'kids' were all clones of their single parents, and that would be kind of dull, IMO, since we've already got that exact team, and hardly have to reinvent the wheel...