Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Long Live The Legion!!! Legion of Superheroes: Millenium with Bendis and Sook An

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/...es-millennium/
    TERRY MCGINNIS AND BOOSTER WILL BE SHOWN
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I'm really not sure what to feel about all this.

On the one hand...yay! The Legion is finally coming back! And getting their own cool special .

On the other hand...obviously there's the Bendis factor. Now, I can enjoy Bendis' work in its own right and I think he has some interesting and grand ideas for the Legion here, but as has been posted on numerous occasions the Legion seems so outside his wheelhouse that it's not even funny. I mean, Bendis can sometimes barely keep a together a team book with six characters, and you give him a 34-man team? His sales on Wonder Comics and the Superman books also indicate that this isn't necessarily going to be a strong seller despite his name being attached to it.

I've also seen some of the Legion designs and...honestly not crazy about most of them.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Glad to see the Legion coming back but between the Bendis factor and the not so great character redesigns I think I'll pass on this one for now. Maybe I read it on DC Universe or Hoopla later if I feel the need. Honestly though I don't think Bendis does cosmic stories very well to begin with and the quality of his work takes a hit whenever he takes on to many books at once.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Oh god those character designs for the Legion look so bad. That Chameleon look like he is straight out of the animated series from a few years ago. The only one that even looks half good is the Shadow Lass the rest are just horrible. Sook's art just look so basic even in the preview compared to Scott and Cheung. I would be so exicted if either one of those artists was on the new Legion book, but not Sook.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oh god those character designs for the Legion look so bad. That Chameleon look like he is straight out of the animated series from a few years ago. The only one that even looks half good is the Shadow Lass the rest are just horrible. Sook's art just look so basic even in the preview compared to Scott and Cheung. I would be so exicted if either one of those artists was on the new Legion book, but not Sook.
    We talked about this in another thread but I think Brainy and Cham look fine, Lightning Lad just needs to change his hair, but Shadow Lass definitely looks the best.

Not my favorite Legion redesigns to be honest.

I wanted to get into this thread before all the moaning and whining and get the speculation going on about who (the most unlikely but familiar face to DC fans) is going to essentially be our tour guide during this two part comic.

I think it looks great! I'll admit I am not a huge Legion fan but this has me interested more than any other Legion book I poked my head into.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

All the costumes seem to have the same problems the NU52 costumes did with all the random lines on the costumes which just makes them look both busy and messy for no reason. Brainy just look weird like he is wearing some formal version of a costume and that weird crown thing just look dumb. Chameleon Boy just look bad. Why they modeled him on that bad animated series look just baffles me when his more classic look has always been one fo the best in the series.

The designs look alright to me. Besides maybe Saturn Girl which looks a little dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    All the costumes seem to have the same problems the NU52 costumes did with all the random lines on the costumes which just makes them look both busy and messy for no reason. Brainy just look weird like he is wearing some formal version of a costume and that weird crown thing just look dumb. Chameleon Boy just look bad. Why they modeled him on that bad animated series look just baffles me when his more classic look has always been one fo the best in the series.

...I think the animated design honestly looks better .

The designs seem okay, Cham's is definitely the worst, and apparently Cosmic boy and Lightning Lad have the same barber, except Garth has a mullet-hawk going on. Bendis though, well, at least he'll get the Legion some attention. Man are we in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The designs seem okay, Cham's is definitely the worst, and apparently Cosmic boy and Lightning Lad have the same barber, except Garth has a mullet-hawk going on. Bendis though, well, at least he'll get the Legion some attention. Man are we in for it.
    At least Garth I could recognize even with the bad hair. It took me a few minutes to even realize that was Rokk/Cosmic Boy.

Personally I’m interested in what Bendis can bring to this, as well as what he hopes to adds by bringing the futures together which is actually something I’ve wanted to see happen.

While his Superman run isn’t the greatest if he can do in Action Comics and Young Justice, which I like and enjoy, into Legion then I might really enjoy this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Not a fan of trying to connect all possible futures into one story. They work because they are, more or less, separate from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not a fan of trying to connect all possible futures into one story. They work because they are, more or less, separate from each other.
    I like it as an idea for a story, but as in the past, it becomes a house of cards the second someone tries to screw with one of the elements.Let's hope Bendis builds this future so that it can stand on its own without being beholden to past continuity.

As to the "tour guide," I would have thought it would be Naomi, but from the various previews, it appears to be a caucasian woman with reddish hair...?