Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960616263 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Thorn/Rose became a Legionnaire?

Alright. Sounds interesting enough even if only slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Saturn Girl is still around. Jon being aged is not that bad, he's still being written the same. I'm not trying to tell you how to react to things, but maybe just see where the story goes.
    Not the same one from Rebirth though. Looks like they decided to cut the knot by doing a Thanos on her. Whatever plans they originally had for her are now an aborted arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I found Millennium #1 to be fun. Went in with low expectations but I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not the same one from Rebirth though. Looks like they decided to cut the knot by doing a Thanos on her. Whatever plans they originally had for her are now an aborted arc.
    Eh, I'm not convinced that this wasn't Johns' plan originally.

I enjoyed Millennium #1! Still nervous about Bendis handling a large sci-fi team but as a prologue book this was enjoyable. Rose & Thorn being the immortal works fine for me, she’s a character who is not going to be messed with by most writers because most people don’t even know her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So I'll be heading to my shop in a few hours. Does Millennium warrant a read?
    NO unless you want to feel ripped off.

That could have been something to give away on Free Comic BOok Day.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Hey guys! So, um, as someone that doesn't really have an attachment to the Legion - what semi-modern runs and reboots and what have you would you suggest? I struggle to read older comics, so runs that are a little more recent would be appreciated, but that's not to say that I wouldn't check out any older runs!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Hey guys! So, um, as someone that doesn't really have an attachment to the Legion - what semi-modern runs and reboots and what have you would you suggest? I struggle to read older comics, so runs that are a little more recent would be appreciated, but that's not to say that I wouldn't check out any older runs!
    Superman and the Legion of Superheroes by Geoff Johns was my intro

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman and the Legion of Superheroes by Geoff Johns was my intro
    A respectable story, but you're not really going to find a great modern-era Legion story. If you're not into older material, I'd just wait for the new series.

The Reboot (1990s-mid 2000s) had a number of memorable story lines. It starts out hopeful and Utopian and evolves unto something more nuanced as time goes by. I am not sure if they are collected, but the '80s comics with Levitz/Lightle/Giffen are excellent stories.

Ultimate Member

I liked the Universo Project for a semi-contained story that had only four Legionnaires for the majority of that four issue arc. There are some new characters thrown at you in the beginning, but they were knew to us to, at the time, and served primarily to give the readers a sense of how off-balance the Legionnaires present were, surrounded by people they'd never really met or worked with.

The DnA run was really good.
    It started at the end of the previous run with 'Legion of the Damned', then two mini-series, 'Legion Worlds' and 'Legion Lost' that led into their ongoing, simply called 'Legion'.

It was a strong run and helped solidify Kid Quantum as an interesting member.
    The only downside for me was that Dawnstar was replaced with Shikari. But I ended up liking her.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Eh, I'm not convinced that this wasn't Johns' plan originally.
    I think it depends on whether he turns it around by the end of the storyline, although I think we'll never know what Johns exactly envisioned with Rebirth and how that was intended to be realized before DC Editorial did what DC Editorial does.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I enjoyed Millennium #1! Still nervous about Bendis handling a large sci-fi team but as a prologue book this was enjoyable. Rose & Thorn being the immortal works fine for me, she’s a character who is not going to be messed with by most writers because most people don’t even know her.
    Rose & Thorn can be messed by writers. It's just most readers won't care, since they don't know her.

Extraordinary Member

That's a shame because Levitz's run is so good. If you want to check out a more modern run, though, I've heard nothing but good things about Abnett and Lanning's run from the early 2000s, especially their Legion Lost miniseries. They're available as collections on Comixology.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Reboot Legion also known as the Post-Zero Hour or Archie Legion. No prior info needed easy to jump in.