Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most of the Legion stuff I've read, the GL's seem like nothing more then memory or legend like a lot of heroes. Until I think Mon-El became the first new one in Levitz' later Legion stuff.
    A lot of that had to do with the silly notion of aligning with the present DCU. When there was no corps in the present during Kyle's time, there was no corps in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No. He's the stocky guy next to Matter-Eater Lad.

Matter-Eater Lad looks pretty stocky himself. Wonder if he gains mass from whatever he eats.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure whether that's better or worse when I thought it was the other guy .

Most of the Legion stuff I've read, the GL's seem like nothing more then memory or legend like a lot of heroes. Until I think Mon-El became the first new one in Levitz' later Legion stuff.
    In the Levitz run, I think it was established that the corps still existed but that the government of Earth decided they didn’t want the Corps interfering in United Planets affairs. Issue #295 I think it was.

I’m not to torn up about a new Doctor Fate, by the 32 century it could either be Nelson’s/Khalid’s descendants or just some random person who came about the helmet centuries later. It’s a powerful magic helmet that’s in the future, Bendis at this point can just run with it.

I do want to know his plan for this “gold lantern”, whether it’s just someone trying to imitate the lantern corps in the future(could happen, with Teen Lantern hacking a power battery I’m sure future tech can make its own lantern ring rip-off) or if Bendis is trying to add some new element to the lantern corps.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Matter-Eater Lad looks pretty stocky himself. Wonder if he gains mass from whatever he eats.
    And then he could have enhanced energy/strength while metabolizing the increased mass. That would make for a logical upgrade in his powers and make it easier to use him in storylines.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I do want to know his plan for this “gold lantern”, whether it’s just someone trying to imitate the lantern corps in the future(could happen, with Teen Lantern hacking a power battery I’m sure future tech can make its own lantern ring rip-off) or if Bendis is trying to add some new element to the lantern corps.
    This is an extremely good point.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    And then he could have enhanced energy/strength while metabolizing the increased mass. That would make for a logical upgrade in his powers and make it easier to use him in storylines.
    I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.

If he goes without eating for a bit, I wonder if it affects his size and strength?

It would be funny if he considered some matter "junk food" and while he totally can eat it, he'd rather not.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This is an extremely good point.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.

If he goes without eating for a bit, I wonder if it affects his size and strength?

It would be funny if he considered some matter "junk food" and while he totally can eat it, he'd rather not.
    Really? In all the years that he's been a member of the Legion has he ever had enhanced strenth? Why would it surprise you that that wasn't the case -- since it's never been the case?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Really? In all the years that he's been a member of the Legion has he ever had enhanced strenth? Why would it surprise you that that wasn't the case -- since it's never been the case?
    Because I'd be very surpised if him looking like this was just cosmetic. Plus, Calorie Queen had his powers and was from his world, but with the addition gaining enhanced strength, so I could very easily see that attributed of her's being folded over into him.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I wonder if it's deliberate that he probably looks the oldest of all the current Legion.

The color version of Millennium #1 & 2 is out now.

Supergirl seems out-of-place .

I really don't like Timber Wolf's design.

Supergirl seems out-of-place .
    For me it's Terry (Batman Beyond)

I don't know why, but I kind of like the fact that in the distant future, the legacy of the Batman is finally unnnecessary, you know ?

Yes, but Batman Beyond won't still be around by the time the Legion appears. That cover is a mix of various future heroes from different eras.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The color version of Millennium #1 & 2 is out now.

Even with Hitch's art, a lot of these designs still look godawful.

Have to agree with you on that.