Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I'm a bit leery, after what Bendis did to Jon Kent, about how all this will go... Not super enthused about Saturn Girl's redesign especially. Really rather blah.

But I'm cautiously optimistic about the new series. With no Legion comic since 2013 (after 40 straight years of publication!), I'm eager to read about the LSH again on a regular basis again. It'll definitely be a pull for me.

Then again, I have practically every Legion comic since Adventure Comics #300...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not a fan of trying to connect all possible futures into one story. They work because they are, more or less, separate from each other.
    This seems like an editorial mandate (much like the recent decision to cull many of DC's spy agencies like the DEO and Checkmate) when previously many of these future were just alternate Earths.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-13-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Been reading the Legion since 1974.
    A big fan.
    But Bendis?
    I just can't get behind anything he does.
    So I guess I'll pass.

My worst fears come to live ... Bendis on the Legion ....oh god .... And the design ? WHAT ???? :O

on another one what we gonna call this reboot ? Fifth reboot ? the Foot ?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Not a fan of trying to connect all possible futures into one story. They work because they are, more or less, separate from each other.
    Tend to agree. I don't know how you get back from Kamandi's future to the Legion's future, and to try would be a mistake.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    on another one what we gonna call this reboot ? Fifth reboot ? the Foot ?
    These things are important. Obviously.

Think it’s still only the fourboot though. Previously on the Legion: original, reboot, threeboot, retroboot, hiatus...

And what on earth is that around Brainy’s head? It’s really going to get in the way of doing any hair-tearing in lieu of blowing up the multi-lab.
    Last edited by jules; 06-13-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

With Multiversity, the idea was supposed to be that there were only 52 Earths in the local multiverse and each one was unique and important. This included a Batman Beyond Earth and a Kamandi Earth.

If Batman Beyond and Kamandi are both part of the main DC Universe's future, then the Multiversity versions are largely redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Been reading the Legion since 1974.
    A big fan.
    But Bendis?
    I just can't get behind anything he does.
    So I guess I'll pass.
    That's interesting. I started with Superboy 203, just an issue earlier. It was Mike Grell's first issue as penciler and the story where Invisible Kid was killed by Validus.

It also does seem that the Bendis-Sook Legion WILL be another reboot in case anyone wasn't sure. Here's a passage from the interview Bendis did with comicbook.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bendis, comicbook.com
    However, Bendis indicates his and Sook's version of the team will form under less than ideal circumstances.

"Our Legion is going to be a little different than past Legions," Bendis explained in an interview with Comicbook. "I know that sometimes in the past, the Legion have gotten together because things are so peaceful, they can't stand it. Our Legion is coming together out of what they think is dire necessity. Things are starting to crumble, and they're crumbling fast, and it really feels like it's time for a new Age of Heroes for the first time in a millennium. That there's a genuine sense of threat to all things."

Bendis also revealed that the series will have a large number of perspectives in regards to the characters.

"It's funny because there are 34 lead characters," Bendis said. "There are a lot of perspectives that the story is going to be handled from. So, so many perspectives that almost no story will be left unturned. Not every character will see things the same way. It's like every great team: some will be on the same page, some will not. It's going to be a time of great chaos and struggle in the galaxy, and it's up to them to get to work and figure it out as they're going; they're young."

By the way, if you or anyone here is a Legion fan of past iterations and haven't checked out or posted in the Legion Appreciation Thread 2019 version, check it out! It's only the best thread ever and is filled with lots of background info about the team (pre-Crisis & 5YL histories are on page 1), classic artwork from Grell, Cockrum, Giffen, etc., and lots of reminiscences by us fans!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ive-the-Legion!
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 06-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    With Multiversity, the idea was supposed to be that there were only 52 Earths in the local multiverse and each one was unique and important. This included a Batman Beyond Earth and a Kamandi Earth.

If Batman Beyond and Kamandi are both part of the main DC Universe's future, then the Multiversity versions are largely redundant.
    Right which is why I think this has editorial's fingerprints all over it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm not a huge Legion guy but I've been loving Bendis' DC work, give or take a few specific storytelling decisions, so I may well check this out. Ryan Sook is a major drawcard as well but, yeah, I dig the more traditional Legion costumes. These redesigns are unnecessary at best.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member

I'm excited by the possibility of all this. How it'll be executed is the big question.

That said, I can roll with the new designs.

The preview pages were exciting for me. Primarily, because all the background images of the various timelines/incarnations of some heroes existed. The key example are The Titans. Makes me wonder how/what is going on that'll get those continuities/incarnations properly recognized.

"I know that sometimes in the past, the Legion have gotten together because things are so peaceful, they can't stand it."

Heh... He called out the Threeboot.

I have to say I'm actually excited about it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

This needed a better creative team. More Legion Omnibus is probably the only Legion news from DC I could get behind after this. I said a long time ago Bendis would be on a small list of writers that I wouldn't buy Legion from so it was fated to happen. Worst run company, it needs new people at the top to make better decisions.

Comic Geek in General

Will their origins be the same? (Superpowered Teenagers who, inspired by Superman, band together to protect the future?) Will Superman be a member? Will we see Wildfire? Dawnstar? Timber Wolf? Etc.......

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Will their origins be the same? (Superpowered Teenagers who, inspired by Superman, band together to protect the future?) Will Superman be a member? Will we see Wildfire? Dawnstar? Timber Wolf? Etc.......
    He mentions there being 34 members.
    So good chances for Wildfire, Dawnstar and Timber Wolf.

I hope that they'll be inspired by the Justice League and Titans, with Superman being the primary inspiration.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.