Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    You still aren't stating what version your talking about.

and the version I'm thinking of still drew inspiration from the heroes of the past. Regardless if they barely addressed them or not.

So yeah without a little of bit of that "Old Timey" goodness thrown in, even if it's just a small taste of it, it steps out from being a true Legion of Superheroes comic. It becomes something else with same name.

I'm not even saying I wanted to be that way. I'm just telling how it is.
    Oh for the love of... This one:

RCO053.jpg

And I'm not disagreeing with your moved goalpost here, but your original one.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Oh for the love of... This one:

RCO053.jpg

And I'm not disagreeing with your moved goalpost here, but your original one.
    There was no goal post move. This was the very version of the team that said, quite a few times, that the "golden age" of heroes inspired the team.

So now I'm confused as to what you are even arguing to the point of thinking your cherry picking to prove your world view on gender and whatever else to suit your needs verse what is actually happening in the pages of the title.

Edit:
    I mean really...do you not see Superboy, Supergirl, and Impulse in that shot? Heck even Mon-El leaned on the Silver Age heroes a few times. Not to mention Thunder!

...there is over 10 characters in that single shot that has Boy, Girl, Lass, or Lad in their names...

At this point I beginning to feel like I'm being trolled by someone who is on the forum but does not read comics AGAIN. I mean seriously? Please explain your stance clearly and how those books fit what you are trying to say, because right now the version you choose does not fit anything you have stated.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-13-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Dude! Let. It. Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Dude! Let. It. Go.
    This is an open forum in which the poster called out my post as being incorrect about the current topic. I'm not doing anything wrong by engaging the individual on where my mistake is. Unlike some I will say "yeah your right" if I'm proven to be incorrect. I have done it on this site before. But If I'm being called out as being incorrect with no evidence of being so then I'm also going to call foul on them and their points. Since this is an open forum.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is an open forum in which the poster called out my post as being incorrect about the current topic. I'm not doing anything wrong by engaging the individual on where my mistake is. Unlike some I will say "yeah your right" if I'm proven to be incorrect. I have done it on this site before. But If I'm being called out as being incorrect with no evidence of being so then I'm also going to call foul on them and their points. Since this is an open forum.
    In my mind, there's no "evidence" - it seems to me you and another person have differing opinions on what is an intrinsic part of the Legion. It's subjective. Superboy, Valor, whatever, the Legion is sometimes inspired by the past to various degrees, but it's always just the inspiration - what they do with it is always simply being super-heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In my mind, there's no "evidence" - it seems to me you and another person have differing opinions on what is an intrinsic part of the Legion. It's subjective. Superboy, Valor, whatever, the Legion is sometimes inspired by the past to various degrees, but it's always just the inspiration - what they do with it is always simply being super-heroes.
    See this I understand and respect. Because it's an opinion based on what you took from the title.

My only point was when this line of discussion got started is that their are certain boxes that get checked off when creating a Legion of Superheroes book. If some of those boxes do not get checked the end result may not be a true Legion of Superheroes title. It will be a superhero book sure. But it wont necessarily be the same core title.

The inspiration, which we both agree on, is a key element to the entire brand. It is what drives them to be superheroes.

I imagine that different people have their different ideas of what those core boxes are.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I imagine that different people have their different ideas of what those core boxes are.
    That's all fine and good. People can feel how ever they like. But somethings about every story, character, idea, and on that setup a thing to be what it is, regardless of how individuals feel. I personally, have already stated I may not want certain things to be the way they are but it does not change the fact that they are what they are.

So yes, we are talking about fictional characters, and yes those characters are VERY flexible. However, that does not mean they are unbreakable. We are currently living in a time where we are watching characters break. We are seeing titles who historically have repeated 100's of thousands of sales reach lows they have yet to be brought back from.

Because very much like glass, you can get the pieces back together as best you can but item will never be the same.

Extraordinary Member

I think to completely revamp the Legion might would work if the book had been cancelled two or three months ago.

But since Legion fans have been starving for a revival for years, I believe most (not all) would prefer a new book to resemble the classic line-up.

For me personally, I'm over them just focusing on the Adventure Legion. I want the Pre-Crisis Levitz line-up. But that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I want the Pre-Crisis Levitz line-up. But that's just me.
    This is what I would like to see. Still, I hope this new run works out.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So this just dropped.

Apparently a bunch of changes and confirms.

1. Triplicate Girl confirmed

2. Ultra Boy confirmed

3. Colossal Boy confirmed

4. Possible Mon-El and Dream Girl thing going on...

5. Lightning Lad is apparently black now. Or maybe it's his brother?

6. Bouncing Boy is white again

7. Timber Wolf confirmed and on a bulking diet

8. Full shot of Wildfire

9. Few new faces (Doctor Fate of the 32nd century??)

10. Is that a "gold lantern"??

11. Superboy's current suit, but with some slight changes to it (namely the boots). The scar seems to be removed.

Bendis did say that all of the images we were seeing before were not the final product. Even the covers. All in all, the hype continues to rise.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So this just dropped.

Apparently a bunch of changes and confirms.

1. Triplicate Girl confirmed

2. Ultra Boy confirmed

3. Colossal Boy confirmed

4. Possible Mon-El and Dream Girl thing going on...

5. Lightning Lad is apparently black now. Or maybe it's his brother?

6. Bouncing Boy is white again

7. Timber Wolf confirmed and on a bulking diet

8. Full shot of Wildfire

9. Few new faces (Doctor Fate of the 32nd century??)

10. Is that a "gold lantern"??

11. Superboy's current suit, but with some slight changes to it (namely the boots). The scar seems to be removed.

Bendis did say that all of the images we were seeing before were not the final product. Even the covers. All in all, the hype continues to rise.

Looks like a Doctor Fate by Blok
    Gold Lantern reminds me of Naomi.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 07-25-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Mighty Member

I think Karate Kid is there in that pic. Maybe the bald guy near the middle.

Can I say that I actually prefer this version of Lightning Lad’s haircut better then the one they’ve been showing in promos. That one looked like he had a bad mullet.

Personally I don’t hate the look of this line-up, it seems fun, and I’ll at least give it a shot.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm guessing that's Princess Projectra and Comet Queen between Chameleon Boy and Blok. Really leaning into both the alien aspects of them and the Queen and Princess parts. I'm also gonna guess the pink skinned girl in white above what seems to be Lightning Lad is Phantom Girl.

Still no read on the girl with the pink mohawk, the girl in blue and white next to Ultra Boy, the one sitting on Colossal Boy's shoulder, or the green skeleton looking person.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.