Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Thanks for the quote!

And, I think it would just be simpler to call it the reboot it is. I think he just doesn't want to offend older fans.

Bendis said that this would be his DC equivalent to Ultimate Spider-Man in terms of intent, remixing of classic and past stories/the feeling he got from them, and use of modern sensibilities.
    I would be much more willing to read it and give it a try if he did.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I would be much more willing to read it and give it a try if he did.
    Ultimately, I think he's been fairly clear that it is a reboot (I've got some quotes, if you're interested), but during one interview he did do a few verbal back flips to make sure longtime fans knew that he personally respected them since he is one of them. That has since translated to the muddiness we see now.

The 30th and 31st centuries seem to function as a small token and tip of the hat to symbolically memorialize those past incarnations. Those centuries seem to basically now be hallowed ground.

My personal feeling is that he's having it function like Superman's multiple first debuts in Doomsday Clock (are you familiar?).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

First i would prefer a Johns/Frank Legion ( i still think that team give us the best legion in decades)
    Second, i love the new designs! My first comic of LoSH was the first part of the darkness saga and i remember how difficult was to me knew which ones were from earth. Because mostly looked caucasians. Change the color skins and a little featurettes and they look universal. Maybe the story will be really bad maybe one of the greatest... I cannot wait!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    If you're like me and those twimg.com images don't display on your screen, here's the picture. It's from Bendis' appearance on the Seth Myers Show.

I don't know if these new looks are better or worse than what we've seen. I would need to see clearer solo pics to judge, but I think we should all take credit for any changes made from the earlier pics and assume that Bendis has been following this thread very closely.

The girl at the front in the indigo and white - possibly XS? I hope not, as the costume looks too armoured/heavy compared to the others - not the kind of look that evokes speed. The visor would fit the theme though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The girl at the front in the indigo and white - possibly XS? I hope not, as the costume looks too armoured/heavy compared to the others - not the kind of look that evokes speed. The visor would fit the theme though.
    It's Light Lass notice the feather emblem. Supposedly Invisible Kid is there and Element Lad ran into him?

I think goldish woman behind Superboy is White Witch, pink woman to Cham’s right is Projectra.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I think goldish woman behind Superboy is White Witch, pink woman to Cham’s right is Projectra.
    Snake Sensor was colored similarly.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

It's Light Lass notice the feather emblem. Supposedly Invisible Kid is there and Element Lad ran into him?
    It could be Invisible kid. There is a space and is blur in that part (also the only one missing in this one comparing with the cover of Millenium 2 is the black Hair male to the right of Dawnstar.
    With this photo we Know almost all the characters. I think the skeleton one in the green suit is chemical king/queen. A new doctor fate and looks like a gold lantern. Comet queen in the middle. The pinkish one with tiara i assume is princess projectra. Karate kid the shaved one, the purple skin in white suit phantom girl and the black punk with pinkish hair and green suit is Shrinking Violet. No clue for the one sit in the arm of Colossal boy
    Last edited by sallyblevins; 07-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Supposedly Invisible Kid is there and Element Lad ran into him?
    Holy sh!t, is this true? Because that's hilarious lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    (also the only one missing in this one comparing with the cover of Millenium 2 is the black Hair male to the right of Dawnstar.
    I think that was Mon-El. Good call on the blur effect though. I see it near the bottom of the step.

black punk with pinkish ha ir and green suit is Shrinking Violet.
    Now that you mention it, there is totally what seems to be a glowing flower on her head in on the Millennium 2 cover. I also see that she's wearing green like Violet usually does. So the purple girl likely is Phantom Girl and the the skeleton is likely Chemical King/Queen.

Nice catches all around.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-26-2019 at 11:46 AM.

I still the gold one is Naomi are a decendant but she also reminds me a bit of Jazmin Cullen/Kid Quantum.

I still the gold one is Naomi are a decendant but she also reminds me a bit of Jazmin Cullen/Kid Quantum.
    The gold one with the Hal Jordan style mask above Superboy? That looks like a guy to me.

My bet's on a new kind of Lantern (gold lantern?). But more specifically I'm thinking it's Universo's son, Rond Vidar.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The gold one with the Hal Jordan style mask above Superboy? That looks like a guy to me.

My bet's on a new kind of Lantern (gold lantern?). But more specifically I'm thinking it's Universo's son, Rond Vidar.
    Something about the pic says woman to me but you could be right.

1 - It seems they're wearing their rings on their middle finger now, GL style...
    2 - Who's that in the foreground?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    2 - Who's that in the foreground?
    I think it's our immortal female protagonist for Legion Millennium. The shoulder pads and hair length are nearly identical to the cover of issue 1.

The dominant theory (for me at least) is that she's Bendis original character from Man of Steel and Action Comics, Melody Moore.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-26-2019 at 12:21 PM.