Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    1 - It seems they're wearing their rings on their middle finger now, GL style...
    2 - Who's that in the foreground?
    I thought that's where they wore them originally and then someone at DC (Johns, perhaps?) decided the middle finger style would be exclusive to the Lanterns, so the LSH had to switch to ring fingers.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think Invisble Kid is there becuase you can see a blur towards the ground.

So if there is a Lantern and a Dr. Fate on this Legion...how much is Bendis going to nerf them ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Tinya's the purple girl in white, not the girl next to ultra boy? Hmm, that is different, but if this is a different version than that's fine...I suppose.
    A part of me kind of feels like we're settling for these designs because they're a new take. Not sure how I feel about that .
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bendis said that this would be his DC equivalent to Ultimate Spider-Man in terms of intent, remixing of classic and past stories/the feeling he got from them, and use of modern sensibilities.
    Almost kind of makes me wish we still had an "ASM" equivalent with a more traditional take alongside the Ultimate one.

Someone commented elsewhere it could be Tyroc and that the symbol is sound related and it could be Ferro Lad not Fate but it looks to much like Fate not to be.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Heads up: Bendis just confirmed that he'll be on the podcast Word Balloon this week likely talking Legion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Y68g-B...d=8phqklpduhbs
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

One thing that does please me about this line-up is that ("Dr. Fate" aside, possibly), Bendis appears to be hewing extremely close to using classic Legion characters. He isn't cramming in a new raft of Legionnaires that he's always wanted to try out. Nope it's:
    Lightning Lad
    Saturn Girl
    Cosmic Boy
    Triplicate Girl
    Phantom Girl
    Superboy
    Chameleon Boy
    Colossal Boy
    Invisible Kid
    Star Boy
    Brainiac 5
    Sun Boy
    Shrinking Violet
    Bouncing Boy
    Ultra Boy
    Mon-El
    Matter-Eater Lad
    Element Lad
    Light Lass
    Dream Girl
    Ferro Lad (I wouldn't be surprised if "Dr. Fate" isn't some sort of Ferro Lad makeover)
    Karate Kid
    Projectra
    Shadow Lass
    Chemical King
    Timber Wolf
    Wildfire
    Tyroc (I bet he's the guy in yellow)
    Dawnstar
    Blok
    and MAYBE White Witch

The only one I can't figure out is the guy on Gim's shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    One thing that does please me about this line-up is that ("Dr. Fate" aside, possibly), Bendis appears to be hewing extremely close to using classic Legion characters. He isn't cramming in a new raft of Legionnaires that he's always wanted to try out. Nope it's:
    Lightning Lad
    Saturn Girl
    Cosmic Boy
    Triplicate Girl
    Phantom Girl
    Superboy
    Chameleon Boy
    Colossal Boy
    Invisible Kid
    Star Boy
    Brainiac 5
    Sun Boy
    Shrinking Violet
    Bouncing Boy
    Ultra Boy
    Mon-El
    Matter-Eater Lad
    Element Lad
    Light Lass
    Dream Girl
    Ferro Lad (I wouldn't be surprised if "Dr. Fate" isn't some sort of Ferro Lad makeover)
    Karate Kid
    Projectra
    Shadow Lass
    Chemical King
    Timber Wolf
    Wildfire
    Tyroc (I bet he's the guy in yellow)
    Dawnstar
    Blok
    and MAYBE White Witch

The only one I can't figure out is the guy on Gim's shoulder.
    Could be Catspaw or a revamped Koko.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ultimately, I think he's been fairly clear that it is a reboot (I've got some quotes, if you're interested), but during one interview he did do a few verbal back flips to make sure longtime fans knew that he personally respected them since he is one of them. That has since translated to the muddiness we see now.
    Bendis also said he was a long time fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy and look how bad that book turned out. Bendis always say he is a long time fan of whatever new project he is working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Bendis also said he was a long time fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy and look how bad that book turned out. Bendis always say he is a long time fan of whatever new project he is working on.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at in relation to my comment that you quoted or the conversation it came from. No snark. Just legitimately don't understand.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm not sure what you're getting at in relation to my comment that you quoted or the conversation it came from. No snark. Just legitimately don't understand.
    When Bendis says he is a long time fan of something he is usually talking out his ass is what I am saying

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Could be Catspaw or a revamped Koko.
    What trips me up about it being Catspaw is that they don't really fit in the "All Silver/Bronze Age" cast that Bendis seems to be going for. I mean I like Catspaw 'n' all, but there's nothing all THAT interesting about her that screams "I need to make an exception for THIS character," y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    When Bendis says he is a long time fan of something he is usually talking out his ass is what I am saying
    Yeah, I caught that part and the fact you brought of infamous GOTG run, I just found that strange because myself and Lonewolf36 were talking about how, unlike GOTG, this is very clearly a reboot, but he's jumping through hoops to let older fans know that their version is at least symbolically "hallowed ground." Our issue was that we wished he'd set his symbolic gesture aside for a moment and reiterate (because he has been pretty clear on it already) that this is a reboot.

So, you see why I found your reply kind confusing?

I love the theory that Bendis is leaving the 31st century untouched in case DC wants to bring back the classic team at some point. Maybe Superman’s memory was tampered with or because of so many time fluctuations he no longer remembers interacting with the LoS. But it did happen and could be explored down the road.

The only thing I’m really disappointed with is Timber Wolf’s design. He’s always been my favorite member and I really don’t think he should be so bulky. The Cockrum design was absolutely amazing (and he obviously used it for the basis of his design for Logan). I much prefer the sleek animalistic Brin to this stocky guy with a simple grin.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-26-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    What trips me up about it being Catspaw is that they don't really fit in the "All Silver/Bronze Age" cast that Bendis seems to be going for. I mean I like Catspaw 'n' all, but there's nothing all THAT interesting about her that screams "I need to make an exception for THIS character," y'know?
    I believe at one point he said it would have aspects of all previous Legions to. Maybe it's Proty?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So if there is a Lantern and a Dr. Fate on this Legion...how much is Bendis going to nerf them ?

A part of me kind of feels like we're settling for these designs because they're a new take. Not sure how I feel about that .
    The designs arent....completely terrible. Timber Wolf and Matter-Eater Lad have clearly been hitting the gym. Dawnstar's design is borderline offensive. She looks like a 1980's stereotype of a native american.

So if the purple girl is phantom girl, then who's standing next to ultra boy? X-S? Kid Quantum?