Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Poor Clark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Young Justice doesn’t even sell that well. I doubt LoSH will even sell anywhere close to as much. I’m expecting it will fail and DC will just drop the franchise again. Next time they’ll just have Batman found the LoSH.
    This is kind of part of why I'm worried about the new Legion. Beyond whether Bendis can write the title well, I'm not sure I'm confident if he can get it to be the sales success a Legion title needs to survive now.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, I know - hence the "I know there are other ways around it" part of my comment. Perhaps Bendis didn't want to work with the handcuffs of "this was in Superman's past so nothing that drastic can happen to him" and he wanted a Superboy where new unexpected things could happen or that he can actually do things with him rather than be forced to preserve Clark in amber because we know he ends up okay.
    It makes me remember when everyone assumed Secret Origin was back as Superman's official origin after Superman Reborn happened...and that's obviously not the case anymore.

Fantastic Member

MY theory is these Legions are clones or something, and will be replaced by the real Legions in a year or two.
    BUT.
    I think Hickman is doing something very similar to this concept in his X-Men narrative. Like his X-Men are newborns, stripped from traumas of the past, more robotic, more focused.

Astonishing Member

I do have to question the choice to make Lighting Lad black. He does now look like Black Lighting, Jr. I like Black Lightning quite a bit, but I wish Lightning Lad retained his iconic looks.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    MY theory is these Legions are clones or something, and will be replaced by the real Legions in a year or two.
    BUT.
    I think Hickman is doing something very similar to this concept in his X-Men narrative. Like his X-Men are newborns, stripped from traumas of the past, more robotic, more focused.
    Hickman literally referred to some alternate timeline version of the X-Men as a "legion" in "House of X" #2.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I do have to question the choice to make Lighting Lad black. He does now look like Black Lighting, Jr. I like Black Lightning quite a bit, but I wish Lightning Lad retained his iconic looks.
    Am I the only one who sees Keiynan Lonsdale whenever I look at Garth now :P?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Ouch there goes Clark’s history with the Legion of Superheroes.

Saturn Girls hair looks an inch longer.

The shading on Lightning Lad's hair seems very inconsistent.

I'm glad they toned down Timber Wolf's physique a little here.

I'm kind of surprised Bouncing Boy looks the most normal.

Dream Girl being practically naked is...something. I mean, it kind of fits her character but it's also kind of distracting...if you know what I mean .

Have we confirmed that purple-skinned girl is Phantom Girl? She seems very...excitable.

Lightning Lass looks crowded next to...Star Boy?

Brainy looks so zen.

Mon-El is like "hey guys, I'm low-key back too!"

Superman looks like "wait, you? Not me?" He seems so dumbfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Ouch there goes Clark’s history with the Legion of Superheroes.
    Yeah that really sucks. I was ok with Clark not having met the LoS as a teen as long as he was still their main inspiration and he was the one who formed the United Planets. But not giving he either is just terrible.

Maybe it all depends on how you first started reading the Legion, but I'm okay with Clark not being with the Legion. This was going to be a different Legion anyway and honestly, I'd rather there not be a Super on the team - the occasional guest appearance, but not a regular. But that's me...

And again, this does free up Bendis to actually do something with this Superboy, rather than have a young Clark on the team who has to be preserved in amber and can't be changed in any significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe it all depends on how you first started reading the Legion, but I'm okay with Clark not being with the Legion. This was going to be a different Legion anyway and honestly, I'd rather there not be a Super on the team - the occasional guest appearance, but not a regular. But that's me...

And again, this does free up Bendis to actually do something with this Superboy, rather than have a young Clark on the team who has to be preserved in amber and can't be changed in any significant way.
    I dunno, I feel like there's a lot of mileage you can get out of writing a young Superman beyond the fact that you can't kill him off or monumentally change who he is before he ends up becoming Superman.

Jon does offer more creative freedom but I think some are concerned Bendis will basically just write him as a young Clark on the Legion.

I'm a pretty big Legion guy, and...I don't care at all about Clark-as-Superboy being in the Legion? The interesting soap opera Legion stuff never really involved him anyway, and Clark-as-Superboy is the kind of thing that sold magazines in the 50s but is hard to take seriously now. If there has to be a Superboy it might as well be Jon. The bigger concern (as noted elsewhere in this thread) is that this is yet another frigging reboot with no connection to the Legion's golden era and is more or less doomed to failure.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m excited. I love that we’re getting a new Legion, even though I’ve been reading this title since 1984. I’m pretty apprehensive of Bendis’ take, but the cast has been in need of a change since before Levitz came back on last time. I just hope we get a tie in to the Legion stuff we had bouncing around since Rebirth started.

Ultimate Member

Ultra Boy looks less than thrilled in that group shot. "Yay, let's invite *another* dude with all my powers, and who can use them all at once! Go team..." :/

I can deal with Purple Phantom Girl and Black Lightning Lad and Bug-Eyed Chameleon Boy, but I'm still not loving Thicc Wolf or Matter-Eater Lobo.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-31-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ultra Boy looks less than thrilled in that group shot. "Yay, let's invite *another* dude with all my powers, and who can use them all at once! Go team..." :/

I can deal with Purple Phantom Girl and Black Lightning Lad and Bug-Eyed Chameleon Boy, but I'm still not loving Thicc Wolf or Matter-Eater Lobo.
    I wish Phantom Girl at least had her cape.