Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 921
  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My picks:

    27. Dragonwing

    Do you mean Dragonmage?

  2. #92
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they retconned Emerald Empress's connection to Saturn Girl to try and downplay how important it was or shift focus to Supergirl.

    (The first signs DC wasn't quite sure what they were doing with the Rebirth plots).
    This pissed me he hell off. And then the prison girl ended up being some forgotten random.

    I think DC just dropped all plots connecting to JLvSS.

  3. #93
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    As long as Timber Wolf is far away from looking like 'Furball' and Sensor Girl/Projectra isn't a snake, I'll be good.
    Haha I love 90s Timber Wolf. Which goes for most of the Legion. However, I don't like the snake either.

  4. #94
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Do you mean Dragonmage?
    Dragonwing, which I thought had the most potential out of Levitz's new recruits during 'Legion of Earth-Man'.

    I thought about Dragonmage, but I never read anything with him in it. I was avoiding the Legion around that time.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Dragonwing, which I thought had the most potential out of Levitz's new recruits during 'Legion of Earth-Man'.

    I thought about Dragonmage, but I never read anything with him in it. I was avoiding the Legion around that time.

    Oh, okay. Never heard of her. Haven't really been paying attention to the Legion in such great detail since a little after the Zero Hour reboot.

    Quite frankly, the more Bendis can remind me of the pre-5YL Legion, the better.

    The original continuity is really all I care about, and I think that's what Bendis cares about, too.

    I know this will be a new reboot, but hopefully a reboot that is reminiscent of the original history as much as possible.

  6. #96
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still don't really get why the founding three all needed to have short, weird, hair.

    I wonder if it was coincidental or intentional.
    Well, it makes sense for the boys. But Saturn Girl should have longer hair - she's not Saturn WOMAN. In the past, doesn't she usually have longer hair when she's a teenager and shorter if she's an adult? If they didn't want her to have long hair, a bob would've been fine. At least it would look feminine. That look they've given her reminds me of 2015-18 Carol Danvers.

  7. #97
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, it makes sense for the boys. But Saturn Girl should have longer hair - she's not Saturn WOMAN. In the past, doesn't she usually have longer hair when she's a teenager and shorter if she's an adult? If they didn't want her to have long hair, a bob would've been fine. At least it would look feminine. That look they've given her reminds me of 2015-18 Carol Danvers.
    I thought of Pink when I saw her.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  8. #98
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    323

    Default

    The great and powerful Tenzil Kem is a must!!

  9. #99
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,345

    Default

    I wonder if Saturn Girl in Doomsday Clock will have any relevance or if thatís just yet another dead end plot.

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I hope we see XS, Karate Kid, Dreamgirl, Ultra Boy, Kid Quantum, Microlad or Starboy
    I think XS and Dreamgirl are a given based on XS being on the last season of The Flash and Dreamer being a regular next season on Supergirl. DC tends to try to keep their TV people in an active comic, even if they aren't the headliner (i.e. Black Lighting being in the Outsiders). I can see them re-naming Dreamgirl into Dreamer probably as well.
    Last Read: The Immortal Hulk vol. 2 - The Green Door
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  11. #101
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I think XS and Dreamgirl are a given based on XS being on the last season of The Flash and Dreamer being a regular next season on Supergirl. DC tends to try to keep their TV people in an active comic, even if they aren't the headliner (i.e. Black Lighting being in the Outsiders). I can see them re-naming Dreamgirl into Dreamer probably as well.
    That is not even remotely true. If anything DC seem to ignore the characters in the comics that are on TV more than anything. When was the last time you saw Vibe show up even though he has been a regular on Flash since the start.

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is not even remotely true. If anything DC seem to ignore the characters in the comics that are on TV more than anything. When was the last time you saw Vibe show up even though he has been a regular on Flash since the start.
    They tried it a year after Flash started with the New 52 Vibe series. It sold poorly. I'm assuming that's why they haven't moved him into a supporting role in another book (even though it's a poor excuse as a supporting role with better selling characters would obviously sell more than a solo).

    But for the most part, they kinda do.

    -Flash: Own series
    -Green Arrow: Own series
    -Supergirl: Own series
    -Doom Patrol: Own series
    -Swamp Thing: Supporting in Justice League Dark
    -Martian Manhunter: Supporting in Justice League
    -Mr. Terrific: Supporting in The Terrifics
    -Black Lighting: Supporting in Batman and the Outsiders
    -Kid Flash: Adjusted to look like TV show, Supporting in Teen Titans
    -Diggle: Created for the show, introduced into the comics after
    -Felicity: Created for the show, introduced into the comics after
    -Jimmy Olsen: Not the same version of the character, but still about to get his own comic

    So, while not everyone, still a large part of the casts of the DC shows are involved in the comics currently. Unless it's Legends of Tomorrow. Then they mostly ignore you.
    Last Read: The Immortal Hulk vol. 2 - The Green Door
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, Event Leviathan, The Flash, Flash Forward, Kick-Ass, Legion of Superheroes: Millennium, Lois Lane, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

  13. #103
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Green Arrow does not currently have his own comic. But then again he soon won’t have his own show.

  14. #104
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Green Arrow does not currently have his own comic. But then again he soon won’t have his own show.
    Green Arrow is different in that they intentionally ended the previous comic because they already have plans for a new one.

  15. #105
    Incredible Member Dreaded Porcupine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Back in limbo
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Where is everyone seeing all these character designs? Is there a link?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •