Incredible Member

Default Alexander Anderson vs Dio Brando

The two face off at night in the ruins of downtown London.

Scenario 1: Human Anderson vs Phantom Blood Dio (pre-Joestar body)

Scenario 2: Monster Anderson vs Stardust Crusader Dio (pre-Joestar blood infusion)

Fight is, of course, to the death. Who wins?

For the second bout, I'm assuming we're spotting Anderson the ability to see Stands?

Idk how effective holy weapons would be against Dio and his regen is kinda bonkers. Otoh, if Anderson spams his bayonets and that explosive chain he had in the London Battle, he might be able to pin Dio down for a 10 count. He has to be sure to stay far away though. Ice touch and all that.

Round 2 goes to DIO. I don't see Anderson having much of a counter for Za Warudo.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Idk how effective holy weapons would be against Dio and his regen is kinda bonkers. Otoh, if Anderson spams his bayonets and that explosive chain he had in the London Battle, he might be able to pin Dio down for a 10 count. He has to be sure to stay far away though. Ice touch and all that.

Round 2 goes to DIO. I don't see Anderson having much of a counter for Za Warudo.
    I would assume that standard anti vampire weapons would be effective against Dio and anti-vamp weapons is all Anderson is packing. Without any evidence to the contrary, there's nothing to suggest he'd be immune. He at least shares the same standard weakness to sunlight.

His stand of course is another matter, so that definitely presents a problem. But at least for the first round, I'd say Anderson takes it. The second depends on whether or not his vines and tendrils can reach Dio and how long he can hold out against Dio's time stop.

EDIT: Also, as far as Dio's healing goes, Dio doesn't have regen, he has quick heal. He can reattach severed limbs and definitely heal quickly (in Phantom Blood, he could heal faster than fire could burn him) but he doesn't have the ability to regrow lost tissue, as evidenced by his needing a new body after being self-decapitated.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    I would assume that standard anti vampire weapons would be effective against Dio and anti-vamp weapons is all Anderson is packing. Without any evidence to the contrary, there's nothing to suggest he'd be immune. He at least shares the same standard weakness to sunlight.

His stand of course is another matter, so that definitely presents a problem. But at least for the first round, I'd say Anderson takes it. The second depends on whether or not his vines and tendrils can reach Dio and how long he can hold out against Dio's time stop.

EDIT: Also, as far as Dio's healing goes, Dio doesn't have regen, he has quick heal. He can reattach severed limbs and definitely heal quickly (in Phantom Blood, he could heal faster than fire could burn him) but he doesn't have the ability to regrow lost tissue, as evidenced by his needing a new body after being self-decapitated.
    Well considering his first body was bbq'ed by Hamon I don't think we can entirely hold that against him.

Prior to that, Dio also got his head split in two by Jojo and he was still talking just fine.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

JoJo vampires and normal vampire share only the weakness of sunlight, so blessed weapons are just simply weapons to Dio which is why the Hamon/Ripple was that important to have when facing him.

The first fight would ultimately depend on Anderson's tactics going into it. Dio does have long ranged options such as the Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, which have been shown to slice a stone column in half, but not much aside from that. getting up close is probably the riskier of options as Dio can freeze his opponents via vaporization freezing as Guy previously mentioned.

Still, Anderson does have a chance in keeping Dio down for at least a ten count with bayonet spamming.

As for round two, I don't see things working out in Anderson's favor. Aside from time stop, Dio and The World were absolute monsters in combat, casually lifting and carrying a large road roller, smashing it on Jotaro and then machine gun punching said roller until it exploded. It took a very similar Stand to outdo them, and I'm not sure Nail Anderson can really match up to that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Za Warudo.
    Za Warudo isn't the problem. The problem is what comes after...

RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD ROOOOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Za Warudo isn't the problem. The problem is what comes after...

RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD ROOOOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!
    Monster Anderson can tank that easily. And his tendrils would still give him the option to attack even if he were pinned.