Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
Everything else would never have been its own thing as long as the Apocalypse reboot had strong ties to the original trilogy.
Yeah, the two iterations were tied together. We've known this for years.

Kingberg actually wanted Hugh Jackman in Dark Phoenix.
Who wouldn't?

When and if Tobey Maguire ever makes a cameo in the MCU, it would be as a respect to his Spiderman series not as a desperation to keep a franchise alive.
A lot of assumptions there.

Apocalypse was a flop
Simon Kinberg last great work was Fantastic 4 and Apocalypse. He had messed up Dark Phoenix once.
The movie had zero good will.
What other movies has he directed again?
Can we stay on the subject?

This is not the same MCU I usually watch and do like for what it is. Just because something is immature doesnt mean I can't enjoy it.
Let's see, since the MCU began, we've gotten sci-fi movies (Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Infinity War/Endgame), war movies (Captain America 1), political thrillers (Winter Soldier, social commentary (Black Panther), fantasy (Thor, Doctor Strange), space opera (Guardians of the Galaxy, heist (Ant-Man), Joss Whedon (Avengers), teen heroes (Spider-Man), and plans for spy movies (Black Widow) and other out of the stuff box.

If you think that's not variety, I'll make cheese for you.

Why do people think a Kinberg directed and written xmen movie had a chance to be successful. Kinberg has more defenders than Zack Snyder on cbr.
Because he'd been involved with successful movies before and the trailer looked promising. So, it didn't deliver to expectations; that's how these things work.

When was Spiderman a different creative franchise with a different creative team.
Since always.

A studio that can't handle Spiderman properly won't handle X-Men properly.
You seriously think that makes any sense?

Both Fox and Disney have different problems when it comes to X-Men. I would say, Fox problems were easier to get rid off than Disney problems are going to be.
Course, when you remove Disney's alleged problems, you get the pre-Wonder Woman DCEU. Look, one thing we've learned again and again is that betting against Marvel Studios is a fool's errand; why suddenly the doubting Thomas over something they can do in their sleep?