Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm sorry reports from the original test screenings before reshoots was this film sucked and what we got afterwards sucked. I have little faith adding more would make this not suck just making seating thru this train wreck longer which would really suck.
    That’s a gross oversimplification. The criticism was towards the third act and Jean dying according to actual reports from Deadline:

We heard that in one cut, Jean Grey dies, which wasn’t received well. But overall, the major ending change-up, executed in reshoots, entailed going from an intimate ending with Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), and Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) against Jessica Chastain’s Vuk. The feeling from the audience in testing was that they wanted to see all the X-Men heroes fighting in the end.
    https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/

Nothing about characters not getting fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    We're probably off topic but I'd also caution this: most of whatever new footage you want is likely a replacement for the third act. So while elements of it might assuage certain concerns, they may also open up entire new ones. In fact, that's likely considering what they left cut out they opted (at a very expensive price) to do over.
    Eh, I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-14-2019 at 08:48 PM.