Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Watching DOFP and question did future Logan get his memories back before the film? Because he isn't phased and remembers 1973 events and these events obviously happened before he got his adamantum claws and lost his memory.
    By the time "The Wolverine" occurs (2008 in my timeline), Logan's memories have been restored. Totally.

Scratch it yeah he remembered 1945 with no real explanation in the Wolverine I just have to remember Fox and roll with it.

BANNED

Scratch it yeah he remembered 1945 with no real explanation in the Wolverine I just have to remember Fox and roll with it.
    Well, he was starting to remember by the time "X-Men" occurred, many years before the events of "The Wolverine".

BANNED

It had moments where it tasted it's potential, but largely it fell flat. It's failures are to be credited with ushering in the age of superhero films Marvel achieved. Without the X-men's initial success, we likely aren't here today. Hell, without the X-men's success to sell to Fox who knows what would have become of Marvel.

I hope Marvel and Disney treat the brand with the respect it has earned. The X-wing of the Marvel franchise is THE cornerstone of their success, let's hope they get the A-list treatment they so richly deserve.

Watching DOFP and question did future Logan get his memories back before the film? Because he isn't phased and remembers 1973 events and these events obviously happened before he got his adamantum claws and lost his memory.
    I'm kind of curious if Logan remembers both timelines eventually. Seems to happen to Marty in the Back to the Future sequels, although it's kind of glossed over.

Also, when does Logan take place, really? It doesn't really seem that distinctive from today (Unlike the Old Man Logan comics) but Professor X says that Shane-a 1953 movie-is nearly a "Hundred years old". Maybe it's kind of like the original Mad Max, it's the future and there's been some societal decline but it's not quite the apocalypse yet. Although it could just be Xavier's illness.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm kind of curious if Logan remembers both timelines eventually. Seems to happen to Marty in the Back to the Future sequels, although it's kind of glossed over.

Also, when does Logan take place, really? It doesn't really seem that distinctive from today (Unlike the Old Man Logan comics) but Professor X says that Shane-a 1953 movie-is nearly a "Hundred years old". Maybe it's kind of like the original Mad Max, it's the future and there's been some societal decline but it's not quite the apocalypse yet. Although it could just be Xavier's illness.
    Xavier could definitly have had given him telepathically all the memories he knows of Logan's life so he probably got a big chunk of the new timeline.

Logan took place in 2029 I believe there is some debate if it's the new timeline created post DOFP or it's own thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

"Logan" takes place in 2029.
    Actually, in my scenario, it's the end of the original timeline.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    As for the movies, the only ones I'll never watch again are Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix. How do you make the X-Men boring?
    I can easily explain why you thought Dark Phoenix was boring. The answer is the insanely rushed pacing. The film glosses over characters that could have been interesting if we were given more time to invest in them but because it’s in such a rush (not helping by having a short runtime), it makes it hard to care for them.

I think that seems to stem from the way the movie was edited more than anything else. Because I am hearing from multiple people who saw earlier cuts say that she shortened/cut out a lot of character moments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I can easily explain why you thought Dark Phoenix was boring. The answer is the insanely rushed pacing. The film glosses over characters that could have been interesting if we were given more time to invest in them but because it’s in such a rush (not helping by having a short runtime), it makes it hard to care for them.

I think that seems to stem from the way the movie was edited more than anything else. Because I am hearing from multiple people who saw earlier cuts say that she shortened/cut out a lot of character moments.
    Would you agree that's due some skepticism? Giving all the characters their moments has not been a strength of this franchise from pretty much day one.

Most of the same people who did DP failed exactly this on Apocalypse. Failed spectacularly I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Would you agree that's due some skepticism? Giving all the characters their moments has not been a strength of this franchise from pretty much day one.

Most of the same people who did DP failed exactly this on Apocalypse. Failed spectacularly I'd say.
    By “character moments” I mean more insight into the focal characters. You can tell there was suppose to be more to Jean’s character and what she was going through by the trailers alone.

BANNED

By “character moments” I mean more insight into the focal characters. You can tell there was suppose to be more to Jean’s character and what she was going through by the trailers alone.
    Is it fair to make that plural? It sounds like it would do more for Jean alone.

And I still think a significant amount of skepticism is earned. Simply because more exists, does not mean it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    From a report Disney is handling reshoots of it. That they ordered them finally so they seem to be taking that project over.

Deadpool 3 is gonna be handled by Disney behind the scenes. It will come out likely on the Fox brand but its gonna have Disney executives behind it.
    Disney maybe handling it but it's going to be a continuation of the X movies sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Is it fair to make that plural? It sounds like it would do more for Jean alone.

And I still think a significant amount of skepticism is earned. Simply because more exists, does not mean it is a good thing.
    Yeah, Jean and her relationship with Scott.

But yeah, skepticism is fair.

I'm sorry reports from the original test screenings before reshoots was this film sucked and what we got afterwards sucked. I have little faith adding more would make this not suck just making seating thru this train wreck longer which would really suck.

BANNED

We're probably off topic but I'd also caution this: most of whatever new footage you want is likely a replacement for the third act. So while elements of it might assuage certain concerns, they may also open up entire new ones. In fact, that's likely considering what they left cut out they opted (at a very expensive price) to do over.