Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Bingo.

MCU fanboys and Anti-FOX guys cannot alter reality. Leave the revisionism out of the door.
    Those of us who like both are really in the minority, aren't they?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Look at my original post and I cover every Fox XCU film and praised some and were critical of ones most people are but even said they were fun as for the MCU its fun entertainment that's it the only thing amazing about it it has avoid having a full out Cluster F unlike other Superhero Franchises.

The truth is if you're critical at all about the Fox X-Men films and not herald them as perfections of cinema you're labeled an MCU Fanboy by some.

Well, contrary to the contamined popular belief, the X-Men movies had always been deeply centered on a group of characters, not a sole character. Fact is, even if THAT specific group which the movies were centered on WASN'T the "classic" X-Men roster you wanted, well, you cannot truly deny the fact that the X-Men movies were focused on the story-arc and the character-arc of a chosen GROUP of characters.

X-Men/X2/The Last Stand were about:

Professor X
    Magneto
    Wolverine
    Jean Grey
    Rogue (at least in X1)

First Class/Days of Future Past/Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix were about:

Professor X
    Magneto
    Mystique
    Beast
    Jean Grey (in the last two)

Like it or not, you cannot say these movies were NOT character-driven, despite being not focused on the other "X-Men" or the "X-Men" as a battlefield team.
    Let's not forget the series odd fascination with Stryker who despite appearing in the majority of the movies and having plots and subplots of his own never actually becomes a memorable character at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    X1 and Dark Phoenix are similar caliber of movies. If X1 wasn't the first X-men movie people would tear it apart.It is just a really average forgettable movie.
    X3-Nothing more needs to be said about that movie
    X2 is best of the original set,It mostly holds up.

The Wolverine was sabotaged by Fox,It is example of how a bad 3 act can sataboge a whole movie. I wish the director got to shoot alternate ending instead of the forced "hey we need a big cgi ending to compete at box office" which came from the studio. Sadly the ending is so bad ,It ruined what was pretty good Wolverine movie.It is right there with last fantastic four ,of movies you can just shut down at certain time and go that was a great idea for movie I see why it got made. But if you turn it back on it goes so down hill it makes you forget whatever good that came before and makes it a bad movie.

Sidenote Endgame is going to hold up for a different reason. You will not just watch endgame,you will a series of movies collectively leading up to endgame.Endgame by itself is okay but you watch Iron Man 1,Avengers 1, Captain America 2 & 3,Avengers 2, Thor 3, Black Panther,GoG 1&2, Avengers Infinity War then Endgame. It is going to still work. Endgame works because it is victory lap.
    See I didnt love X2 that much to begin with. That's the one that has the very on the nose Gay analogy with Bobby's parent right? Followed by Wolverine being Ko'd by a bullet for a minute. Honestly X3 is easiest to rewatch from the original trilogy. It's so stupid and ridiculous its somewhat fun. The first two I have no desire to rewatch though I watch some scenes from X2. The Nightcralwer scene for sure was my favroite action scene in a CBM at one point.

Like another poster said Pre Ironman Xmen were considered amongst the best CBMs. Yea the bar was set so low back then. If the original trilogy came out now they would be recived the same as Dark Phoenix imo.

I did love the OG Xmen movies as a kid when they came out even X3. But I was an Xmen fanatic so I woulda loved anything they did at the time. Just doesnt hold up for me now. Ima watch X2 one more time try to see what I'm missing. But I'm probaly just gonna get caught up on how creepy they made Nightcralwer,Cyclops being a non character and then getting the Hawkrye treatment later in the movie, And just noticing how inconsistent these movies are when Wolverine gets layed out with a bullet or the Weapon X lab looks way different(Not X2's fault, later movies just continuously shat on the Continuity. But still I cant watch this film in a vaccume).

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Naw not really, but doesnt matter if it's the DCEU or XCU. If you love some the movies but are critical of some others your a fanboy because you dont love what they love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let's not forget the series odd fascination with Stryker who despite appearing in the majority of the movies and having plots and subplots of his own never actually becomes a memorable character at any point.
    I forgot Stryker!

Well, he was pretty much memorable in X2, and Danny Cannon did a terrific job in "Origins".

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That didn't sound like praise at all!
    It is hard to talk about these movies without the criticism but I am pretty sure I gave them praise. I can say The Wolverine, DoFP, Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2 is maybe the best stretch of Superheroes movies for me and quality of movie I would put against any superhero period of movies but it would be ignoring the elephant in the room.

I forgot Stryker!

Well, he was pretty much memorable in X2, and Danny Cannon did a terrific job in "Origins".
    If he was memorable then you wouldn't have forgotten him.

BANNED

Troll nonsense (above)

More observations:

1- Jean/Phoenix did NOT kill any cop/policeman... indeed, TV stated that.
    In truth, Jean/Phoenix did not kill anyone outside the X-Men and did not destroy any major structure or building. The MCU train doesn't count.

2- Xavier knew about the Endeavour Shuttle before it would even happen. In fact, he was arguing about the X-Jet with Beast long time before the President of the USA would call him. How? Well, Xavier has still access to the memories he absorbed from Old Timeline Wolverine in 1973.
    I'm surprised that nobody has noticed this.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 06-21-2019 at 07:04 AM.

BANNED

Kinberg finally confirms my theory about aging.

https://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-timeline-explained/

The Headline is Gold

"'Dark Phoenix’ Director Simon Kinberg Attempts to Make Sense of the Nonsensical ‘X-Men’ Timeline"

Yup that pretty much sums it up.

I forgot Stryker!

Danny Houston.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Yea that's funny, as someone else pointed out the headline says it all.

Didnt Firstclass have Beast point out how special Raven was because she would age slow and not get sick? If this was really the intention they wouldnt wait and say that as an afterthought. Again you have put more thought into these details then the people in charge. They thought decade hopping was cool and said who cares about the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Look at my original post and I cover every Fox XCU film and praised some and were critical of ones most people are but even said they were fun as for the MCU its fun entertainment that's it the only thing amazing about it it has avoid having a full out Cluster F unlike other Superhero Franchises.

The truth is if you're critical at all about the Fox X-Men films and not herald them as perfections of cinema you're labeled an MCU Fanboy by some.
    Fair enough; I've been called that before.

That doesn't make any sense, given that they clearly aged in the original timeline (and some of these people were born before the change, meaning biologically, they're the same person in both). IMHO, it's not worth explaining; just new actors who weren't aged up. Suspension of disbelief.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

My analysis on the story on the story of Dark Phoenix.

https://jimmy-o-face.tumblr.com/post...a-from-days-of

Time is truly like a river.