Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    Danny Houston.
    Poor Danny Huston, here he gets called Danny Cannon or Danny Houston! He was great in 30 days of night!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That doesn't make any sense, given that they clearly aged in the original timeline (and some of these people were born before the change, meaning biologically, they're the same person in both). IMHO, it's not worth explaining; just new actors who weren't aged up. Suspension of disbelief.
    In the original timeline? Not quite. "X-Men Origins" features a 18 years old Scott/Cyclops. "Origins" is set inbetween 1979 and 1983. "X-Men" 1 is set in 2004. Cyclops looks younger in X1, isn't it? I guess so.

Said that, if you pretend that there are ONLY 2 timelines, then Jean Grey is born in 1967. In 2004 (X-Men 1), she was supposed to be 37.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    In the original timeline? Not quite. "X-Men Origins" features a 18 years old Scott/Cyclops. "Origins" is set inbetween 1979 and 1983. "X-Men" 1 is set in 2004. Cyclops looks younger in X1, isn't it? I guess so.

Said that, if you pretend that there are ONLY 2 timelines, then Jean Grey is born in 1967. In 2004 (X-Men 1), she was supposed to be 37.
    Pretend? There are only two timelines mentioned in the films. Fan theories and fiction doesn't count as actual Canon to the films.

Kinberg finally confirms my theory about aging.

https://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-timeline-explained/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Headline is Gold

"'Dark Phoenix’ Director Simon Kinberg Attempts to Make Sense of the Nonsensical ‘X-Men’ Timeline"

Yup that pretty much sums it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea that's funny, as someone else pointed out the headline says it all.

Didnt Firstclass have Beast point out how special Raven was because she would age slow and not get sick? If this was really the intention they wouldnt wait and say that as an afterthought. Again you have put more thought into these details then the people in charge. They thought decade hopping was cool and said who cares about the ages.
    That doesn't make any sense, given that they clearly aged in the original timeline (and some of these people were born before the change, meaning biologically, they're the same person in both). IMHO, it's not worth explaining; just new actors who weren't aged up. Suspension of disbelief.
    The problem with this "Theory"/"Explanation" is completely obvious and right there in the films.

Take a look at Moira in : Apocalypse. Once you do, the entire thing gets pretty laughable.

Just let it be the goofy, nonsensical timeline that it is.

BANNED

Pretend? There are only two timelines mentioned in the films. Fan theories and fiction doesn't count as actual Canon to the films.
    Evidence on-screen says "First Class" is a soft reboot: revised timeline or alternate universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The problem with this "Theory"/"Explanation" is completely obvious and right there in the films.

Take a look at Moira in : Apocalypse. Once you do, the entire thing gets pretty laughable.
    ON-SCREEN, Xavier and Havok addressed that she looked younger than her age (50).
    It happens.
    We can pretend that parents of mutants have good genes. Moira and Stryker...

ON-SCREEN, Xavier and Havok addressed that she looked younger than her age (50).
    It happens.
    Trying to make a bunch of excuses for that your non-mutants are aging better than your mutants who are "supposedly" aging more slowly than humans doesn't change one bit of that it's a goofball timeline that they are trying pretend isn't a goofball timeline.

Not that big of a deal, but the idea that it makes any kind of sense is just silly.

Evidence on-screen says "First Class" is a soft reboot: revised timeline or alternate universe.
    No it doesn't that's like saying X2 and The Last Stand are different timelines because Hank's Cameo in X2 doesn't line up with The Last Stand.

In the original timeline? Not quite. "X-Men Origins" features a 18 years old Scott/Cyclops. "Origins" is set inbetween 1979 and 1983.
    I think it would make the most sense if the main story of Origins was set in the same year as Apocalypse, as both show Cyclops getting his powers activated for the first time (while they already were "on" in Origins, his teacher's reaction to his sunglasses shows that they're a new thing). He's basically the same age in both movies anyways. That would time stamp X1/X2 as being set around 1998, so make of that what you will.

(My main point is that Cyclops was born before the timeline changed, so only his life events could be affected by the change, not his age or any other factors.)

"X-Men" 1 is set in 2004. Cyclops looks younger in X1, isn't it? I guess so.
    Where is that written? All we know is that it was in the "near future" and fifteen years after Wolverine lost his memories (as eventually depicted in Origins: Wolverine).

Where is all that written? Jean was never given a formal age, as I recall and the movies factually are only two timelines, irregardless of how messy they are.

Onscreen evidence disproved that a long time ago when Days of Future Past tied everything into one mega series. Whatever First Class was intended to be, it not that now (and a lot of the same people in creative control worked on both).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Where is that written? All we know is that it was in the "near future" and fifteen years after Wolverine lost his memories (as eventually depicted in Origins: Wolverine).
    Good question. ORIGINS messed it up. Unfortunately...

Time stamps on satellite maps shown on-screen in X2 were marked "2002" or "2003". And that were taken some time before the events of X2, of course.
    X1 and X2 happen in the same year. 2004.
    In X3, Beast is reading a magazine time-stamped 2005. TLS is set 1 year after the events of X2. New President of USA, even.
    Here we go.

Astonishing Member

It happens.
    The movies oddly address the time line, regarding how characters look and what their ages are. Nobody comments that everyone hasn't aged a day over 3 decades, that's why in my head canon when I see them I try to think of them as only years apart not decades. As well as after DOFP the settings become less plot relevant to the stories they're telling. Apocalypse could have been told in the 70's and nothing would have changed.

Good question. ORIGINS messed it up. Unfortunately...

Time stamps on satellite maps shown on-screen in X2 were marked "2002" or "2003". And that were taken some time before the events of X2, of course.
    X1 and X2 happen in the same year. 2004.
    In X3, Beast is reading a magazine time-stamped 2005. TLS is set 1 year after the events of X2. New President of USA, even.
    Here we go.
    Fun trivia. On the other hand, I would ignore little details like that myself, if they didn't fit with dialogue and the more explicit information in the films.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fun trivia. On the other hand, I would ignore little details like that myself, if they didn't fit with dialogue and the more explicit information in the films.
    Be careful trying to figure out the Fox X-Men timelines will turn you into this

https://images.app.goo.gl/pGXyNGAJo8ozrj6G8

Be careful trying to figure out the Fox X-Men timelines will turn you into this

https://images.app.goo.gl/pGXyNGAJo8ozrj6G8
    Believe it or not, I don't actually sweat the details that much.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar