Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Outside of Black Panther where Marvel obviously had the A Team on Infinity War I can't think of any Fox CGI I'd take over MCU I mean Juggernaut in Deadpool was recent and looked blatantly CGI compare that to things like Rocket, Groot, Thanos, or the aging CGI Marvel uses.
    Deadpool has a small budget so that doesnt bother me at all.

Black Panther wasnt that the artists weren't good. They werent given much time and just the scenes they were asked to do werent staged well to look good. I dont tbink anyone coulda made that final fight look good. Coogler was new to bit CGI movies I think BP2 will do much better. The scene was just a CGI artist's nightmare. Black Panther also had some beautiful CGI in it but that final fight scene was rushed and yea shouldnt have been staged the way it was.

Seen one those CGI artists react videos where they said BP wasnt bad CGI it was more a failure In design. Given the supposed time they had to work on it it was actually quite good. Anyway doesnt really matter but overall MCU has some great CGI. The Deaging is amazing, Thanos,Rocket,Groot, and Hulk in the main Avengers movies. Not to mention the airport scene in civil war where they rarely had more then a couple actors on set at the same time and made a great cohesive scene, where I never thought hey most these people arent even filming together.

Tje flosting head issue they have with some the characters in suits is weird sometimes though. And they have come to reliant on just CGI everything when there use to some actual practical mixed in. Like Tony suit where as now it's all just CGI.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-27-2019 at 11:52 PM.

BANNED

Black Panther's CGI during the chase scene and the final fight was seriously bad. Sorry MCU fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Black Panther's CGI during the chase scene and the final fight was seriously bad. Sorry MCU fans.
    I agree. X-men cant fly or jump without looking ridiculous. I cant see how their effects are better given that.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I appreciate that the Fox X-Men movies tried to use practical effects whenever possible. Yeah, they had their CGI flourishes and bonanzas, but their continued use of practicality helped them feel a little more genuine.

The MCU, which I do enjoy (by and large), sometimes feels like they slapped a cartoon in the middle of a movie*, but it wasn't always that way: as others have mentioned, RDJ originally had a portion of a practical suit that was enhanced by CGI. In Infinity War and Endgame, he was just slathered in CGI, Green Lantern-style.

I'd like the MCU to incorporate more practical effects going forward, but, considering how homogenized the whole MCU is becoming, I'm not holding my breath.

*This appears to be an industry-wide problem, as visual effects teams are overloaded and given obscenely short deadlines, which is causing a lot of their work to suffer. Seriously, look at the Iron Man armor in the Monte Carlo scene in Iron Man 2 and compare it to the NYC Iron Man scene in Infinity War: the foremost looks LEAGUES better.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I appreciate that the Fox X-Men movies tried to use practical effects whenever possible. Yeah, they had their CGI flourishes and bonanzas, but their continued use of practicality helped them feel a little more genuine.

The MCU, which I do enjoy (by and large), sometimes feels like they slapped a cartoon in the middle of a movie*, but it wasn't always that way: as others have mentioned, RDJ originally had a portion of a practical suit that was enhanced by CGI. In Infinity War and Endgame, he was just slathered in CGI, Green Lantern-style.

I'd like the MCU to incorporate more practical effects going forward, but, considering how homogenized the whole MCU is becoming, I'm not holding my breath.

*This appears to be an industry-wide problem, as visual effects teams are overloaded and given obscenely short deadlines, which is causing a lot of their work to suffer. Seriously, look at the Iron Man armor in the Monte Carlo scene in Iron Man 2 and compare it to the NYC Iron Man scene in Infinity War: the foremost looks LEAGUES better.
    MCU does have many impressive practical effects.

-Levitating truck in The Dark World? Practical.

-13 people rescue in the air scene in Iron Man 3? Practical.(look it up. That stunt was batshit crazy.)

-Flipping a truck in Civil War? Practical.

-Cap, Bucky and Panther running faster than speeding cars? Practical.

-Not to mention pretty much all the H2H combats.

It's the FoX-Men that have never impressed me with their practical effects. Their wirework is one of the worst I've seen in big budget movies. Even Logan was only decent at it. Hell, it actually had a couple of great CGI scenes. Like the first time X-24 shows up, it's Jackman's stunt double who has his face replaced in post production.

BANNED

The earlier MCU movies had great CGI, but once Disney took control the CGI has been lacking. For instance, the Hulk now looks like a cartoon, the female hero scene in Endgame was horrible CGI and with Thanos, it’s easy to see he was filmed somewhere else then was digitally added later.
    I can’t think of any X-men CGI being this bad.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-28-2019 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The earlier MCU movies had great CGI, but once Disney took control the CGI has been lacking. For instance, the Hulk now looks like a cartoon, the female hero scene in Endgame was horrible CGI and with Thanos, it’s easy to see he was filmed somewhere else then was digitally added later.
    I can’t think of any X-men CGI being this bad.
    No, instead you get what happens at the 1:26 mark. All the time. The climatic scene in Endgame is a lot of CGI, but they also made Fury look flawlessly de-aged. Compared to Patrick "Mr. Clean" Stewart and I really can't see the gripe.

It's not totally fair, some of the X-men stuff happened a long time ago, so comparing the two is hard. I found the CGI for X-men largely the best at the time, but it's not on par with what the MCU is doing. And the MCU never has wonky ass stuff like that Wolverine jump.

Astonishing Member

Not overly all impressed with the Fox CGI. All these years and no proper Danger Room sequence. Also Fox was terrified of using Colossus in those earlier movies. The money spent on using him scared the heck out of the accountants.

Still turned off by the black leather sex suits all these years later. X-Men special effects just reminds me of Netflix. Good riddance to the ugly Fox CGI.

BANNED

In Captain Marvel, Fury was a joke. He looked like a 70 year old man with a toupee. It was a big mistake to cast SLJ in that movie. Why they couldn’t just cast a younger actor for Fury. There are a lot of young black struggling actors who would have loved to get that opportunity. Same can be said for Coulson, he also looked like an older man with a toupee. They looked terrible, but hilarious at the same time. What CGI are you talking about, a wig is not CGI.
    At lease with FoXMen, they did cast younger actors and actresses for the young version of the characters.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-28-2019 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

In Captain Marvel, Fury was a joke. He looked like a 70 year old man with a toupee. It was a big mistake to cast SLJ in that movie. Why they couldn’t just cast a younger actor for Fury. There are a lot of young black struggling actors who would have loved to get that opportunity. Same can be said for Coulson, he also looked like an older man with a toupee. They looked terrible, but hilarious at the same time. What CGI are you talking about, a wig is not CGI.
    At lease with FoXMen, they did cast younger actors and actresses for the young version of the characters.
    Coulson looked rough, but I thought Fury was flawless.

Every time someone flew or jumped with Foxmen it was an outright gong show.

BANNED

No, Fury looked old. Casting younger actors would’ve been cheaper and made more sense. I don’t know what Kevin Feige was thinking.

BANNED

No, Fury looked old.
    I suspect you won't find a lot of agreement on that. I'd like to see a screen cap or two that you believe supports your point, though.

I'd say kurt Russell's CGI deageing looks pretty good the rest not so much I'd rather they just use younger lookalikes in 5 or so years the CGI is gonna look really bad.

Saying that Fury looked old in Captain Marvel or that Rafello Hulk somehow looks worse than Bana or Norten is just straight up being dishonest. Sorry, it's not really a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Saying that Fury looked old in Captain Marvel or that Rafello Hulk somehow looks worse than Bana or Norten is just straight up being dishonest. Sorry, it's not really a matter of opinion.
    The aging stuff is so good I didn't even realize that was Haley Atwell as Peggy in Winter Soldier until later I saw a behind scenes and they showed how with make up and CGI they aged her for that scene and the Ant-Man and Civil War scene with Douglas and Downey looked like they grabbed between takes on War of the Roses and Less than Zero.