Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 301
  1. #121
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    I see this thread has degenerated into MCU vs XCU.

    Kinda surprised to still see this happen after Disney/Marvel showed that they cared far more about Dark Phoenix than Fox did.

  2. #122
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I see this thread has degenerated into MCU vs XCU.
    It always does. Will never understand the hate the X-Men movies get around here.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kinda surprised to still see this happen after Disney/Marvel showed that they cared far more about Dark Phoenix than Fox did.
    Well, seeing as the movie had a troubled production, I'm not sure what else Disney could've done; it sounds like the problems were in decisions made before they were involved.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  3. #123
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, seeing as the movie had a troubled production, I'm not sure what else Disney could've done; it sounds like the problems were in decisions made before they were involved.
    I mean Disney tried to give the movie a chance with its last minute marketing push and kept it from bombing even harder. After Fox put the movie in June knowing that it would bomb and the would be largely unpromoted due to people on the marketing team leaving because of the merger.

  4. #124
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It always does. Will never understand the hate the X-Men movies get around here.
    LMAO on the Blu-Ray.com forum it's even worse, trust me.
    Hating the XCU is the new trend since 2009.

  5. #125
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    It always does. Will never understand the hate the X-Men movies get around here.
    I will explain it this way

    X-men in media

    X-men animated series line up Professor X Cyclops, Wolverine,Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, ,

    X-men evo lineup Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue Beast Nightcrawler, Kitty ,Spike and New Mutants mash up

    Wolverine X-men line up Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue ,Nightcrawler, Kitty, Beast, Forge, and White Queen

    X-men anime Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm , Jean Grey, Beast, White Queen, Armor

    Classic comic Lineups

    O5 Cyclops,Jean grey,Iceman,Angel, Beast

    ANAD Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops,Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee,Sunfire, Thunderbird

    Blue and Gold Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Archangel, Bishop

    Who the X-men movie focused on

    Professor X, Magneto ,Wolverine, Mystique, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Quicksilver, Rogue

    You go into X-men movies expecting to focus on certain characters. Quick note Professor X in the X-men was general a side character who was needed to set up the premise but then was sparingly used in used in media and comics. X-men movies need to get Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast and Jean Grey right( And there is one name which is one every list failing to get him right is huge factor in getting the X-men right). It is as simple as that is the root issue

    Whenever someone doesn't why X-men movie get hate I am always curious to what made them a fan of the X-men. Not to question their fanhood but they are things as X-men fans you should want to see translated from what first made you a fan.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-30-2019 at 05:01 AM.

  6. #126
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    LMAO on the Blu-Ray.com forum it's even worse, trust me.
    Hating the XCU is the new trend since 2009.
    Yeah, most the hate seems to come from non-comic readers that pretend to read comics.

  7. #127
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    And here on a comic book site we also hate the XCU. Seems like they missed the boat on both ends....

  8. #128
    Astonishing Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I will explain it this way

    X-men in media

    X-men animated series line up Professor X Cyclops, Wolverine,Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, ,

    X-men evo lineup Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue Beast Nightcrawler, Kitty ,Spike and New Mutants mash up

    Wolverine X-men line up Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue ,Nightcrawler, Kitty, Beast, Forge, and White Queen

    X-men anime Professor X, Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm , Jean Grey, Beast, White Queen, Armor

    Classic comic Lineups

    O5 Cyclops,Jean grey,Iceman,Angel, Beast

    ANAD Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops,Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee,Sunfire, Thunderbird

    Blue and Gold Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, Beast, Gambit, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Archangel, Bishop

    Who the X-men movie focused on

    Professor X, Magneto ,Wolverine, Mystique, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Quicksilver, Rogue

    You go into X-men movies expecting to focus on certain characters. Quick note Professor X in the X-men was general a side character who was needed to set up the premise but then was sparingly used in used in media and comics. X-men movies need to get Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast and Jean Grey right( And there is one name which is one every list failing to get him right is huge factor in getting the X-men right). It is as simple as that is the root issue

    Whenever someone doesn't why X-men movie get hate I am always curious to what made them a fan of the X-men. Not to question their fanhood but they are things as X-men fans you should want to see translated from what first made you a fan.
    The way I look at it is this.

    Tony Stark in the comics was not always an alcoholic though that later became a major comic book plot. But he was not a wise-cracking juvenile with a 12 year old's approach to women. But that doesn't make the movie interpretation bad.

    In the movies, Thor was never Donald Blake. In the comics, Dr. Banner did not become the Hulk by intentionally experimenting on himself, nor was Banner a wise-cracking comedian.

    There's a joke that the one thing you will never read on social media is: In order to do a modern take on the super heroes of my childhood in a movie medium, they had to make some changes so that the characters and situations are not exactly the ones I first read and grew up with- and I'm okay with that.

    I had issues with the X-Men movies that I've seen, especially the first one and the third one. But they were inherent to the movies themselves as opposed to an outside standard that they are not exactly the lineup from the comics. I would go so far as to say that Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde and probably a few others being in the first movie AT ALL makes them untrue to the comic books I grew up on. I think one just needs to judge the movies on their own merits.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  9. #129
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    And here on a comic book site we also hate the XCU. Seems like they missed the boat on both ends....
    Why are you on this thread?

  10. #130
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Yeah, most the hate seems to come from non-comic readers that pretend to read comics.
    Actually no matter XCU, MCU, or DCEU I've seen the most vocal detractors are comic fan who are unhappy with characters being represented on film.

    Before you ask "Why am I here?" Because I like the XCU and have said many praises and good things but I also see it's flaws.

  11. #131
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Why are you on this thread?
    Because I can be? And have been?

    This isn't the "Make excuses for DP thread" though, you've got like 8 of those going if that helps steer you in the right direction.

  12. #132
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post

    I had issues with the X-Men movies that I've seen, especially the first one and the third one. But they were inherent to the movies themselves as opposed to an outside standard that they are not exactly the lineup from the comics. I would go so far as to say that Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde and probably a few others being in the first movie AT ALL makes them untrue to the comic books I grew up on. I think one just needs to judge the movies on their own merits.
    I think this is a good point and I agree completely with you on judging the movies apart from canon. However, I think the poster was alluding to how the spirit of the comic books wasn't captured often enough. There were moments where it happened across all the movies, even the ones I thought were trash, but it just wasn't consistent enough. And too many characters I cared about got sidelined.

    So even though I can judge it apart from what I value about the comics, that part matters too. One thing the MCU and Nolan's Batman did well is that they resonated the characters comic book fans loved in whole new ways so that it appealed both broadly and to the base of fans. I'm not sure the XCU did that after X2, the steam just slowly died out. They came back to check in with DoFP and to say goodbye with Logan, but otherwise it became an afterthought.

  13. #133
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post

    This isn't the "Make excuses for DP thread" though, you've got like 8 of those going if that helps steer you in the right direction.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Actually no matter XCU, MCU, or DCEU I've seen the most vocal detractors are comic fan who are unhappy with characters being represented on film.

    Before you ask "Why am I here?" Because I like the XCU and have said many praises and good things but I also see it's flaws.
    Yeah, but you got a lot of them pretending to be fans. I remember guys saying the Phoenix Saga was 40 issues long and it was about the X-Men having adventures on the Shi’ar home world. lol

    I wasn’t going to ask why you’re here. Theleviathan has explicated stated that he hates this franchise many times.
    Last edited by The Shape; 06-30-2019 at 10:50 AM.

  14. #134
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    This thread is about discussing the legacy of the franchise. It got quickly derailed by timelines and your rush to defend DP from "boring".

    My post on page 2 is how I feel about the franchise. Perhaps rather than policing who gets to post on the thread ypu might try and stay on topic. We have plenty of threads with your usual agenda so be more than welcome to share your thoughts on topic.

  15. #135
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    This thread is about discussing the legacy of the franchise. It got quickly derailed by timelines and your rush to defend DP from "boring".

    My post on page 2 is how I feel about the franchise. Perhaps rather than policing who gets to post on the thread ypu might try and stay on topic. We have plenty of threads with your usual agenda so be more than welcome to share your thoughts on topic.
    Explaining why something is boring is not the same as being boring and the thread did not become derailed.

    I wasn’t policing, I was asking a question.
    Last edited by The Shape; 06-30-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •