Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Hal and John both failed. So one was killed. The other was paralyzed. What's wrong? About Mosaic, You will have to find the thread yourself. I don't have time to serve you.
    What’s wrong? I’ve already said it. The character was not really given a chance during that era. I have no intentions on finding that thread to be honest. So there’s no reason to bring it up, then.

I never said anyting that I speak for everyone. That's my point. DC black characters are uncompetitive comparing with Marvel. And I don't understand why you refuse to see the reality either.
    DC black characters are uncompetitive compared to Marvel, because they pushed and promoted the forgotten characters. And plus having them appear in the MCU made them even more popular. Marvel capitalized those characters.

All you said just proved my point: John is an uninteresting character that almost no one is willing to write. Even the ones fancy him, like Robert Venditti, whose favorite characer is John, pushed him as the corps leader, still couldn't make him interesting.
    Hal Jordan comes off as dull and generic to me, and the author shared those same “opinions”, who wrote the Green Lantern article on this CBR website. But that doesn’t mean that Hal Jordan doesn’t deserve to have his own book. The Hal Jordan character is popular and have a fanbase. John Stewart also have a fanbase and is also popular. Just because one is appealing to you or me, doesn’t mean that they do not deserve to have their own ongoings. And since you brought up Robert Venditti on pushing John Stewart as Corps leader, Scott Snyder seems to disagree with you.

Whatever you said, I know it's hard to liberate your mind from prejudice against Geoff Johns, but the story with Metal Men in Forever Evil is the best Cyborg got in new52.
    I disagree. Walker has done a good job with Cyborg. Jim Lee and Geoff Johns apparently didn’t like the direction David Walker took with the character. And I heard somewhere they were upset.

About New Superman, I'm going to ask a question, are you a minority? If you are not, please don't say it was a good example of "a diverse writer to write a diverse character". That sounds very patronizing. No, it was not. Gene Luen Yang is not a good story teller. Nor did he perform well at demonstrating Shanghai, or asian. He didn't even know the size of Chinese fried dumpling. The sales numbers were poor. It only satisfied guys like you with "we have a diverse writer to write a diverse character".
    What!? There’s absolutely nowhere did I even give an opinion about the book. Bringing up the book had nothing to do with the quality and the impressions that came from it. DC Comics seems like the only way for them to push a direction for a minority solo, they would have to get a minority writer to write the book.

Speaking of GL/Flash dynamic, which duo is the most popular one? Which GL is considered to have the most interesting dynamic with Wally? I think everyone knows the answer. What you said, they used John because of his personality, then they altered it... Is that a logical argument?
    Yes that is my logical argument. Wally’s personality was also altered as well to make an interesting dynamic. The JL/JLU cartoon show made a bigger impact than what anything else has been done in DC Comics. If it wasn’t for the JL/JLU show, I wouldn’t be even having this discussion with you.

Just like I said, you just first exposed to John as a GL when you watched a cartoon over 20 years ago and couldn't accept the contrast of animation and comics and still refuse to accept the reality.
    I won’t accept it. Ever. Characters like Harley Quinn has been made popular, because of animation. DC capitalized on that. They should do the same thing with other characters like Vixen as well. Don’t just push them in one area and leave out the other. They didn’t do Harley Quinn like that, but why do it with other characters like Vixen and John Stewart?

Then I’m totally fine with how DC treats John, just like you're totally fine with how Snyder uses Sinestro.
    I’m not fine with it. So we certainly won’t be in agreement there.

BTW, you jsut disgusted me with your opinion that insulting a writer is totaly fine since he didn't satisfy you in comics.
    It’s very shameful of you bringing up such hostility towards me. That really upset me that you said that to me. I didn’t’ insult anyone. That writer pretty much insulted me by refusing on pushing the character that it deserved thanks to his success in animation. That really hurts. You were very upset about Sinestro being John’s arch enemy and how Hal didn't make the cut of being in the Justice League. So why can’t me and others voice our disagreement on DC’s handle of the John character?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Cully Hammer said the books SOLD. It was an EDITOR who got rid of the book.
    Mind you Steel had a book at that time. As would the EDITOR ruined Black Lightning series. Also Milestone was around with book outselling Animal Man & Swamp Thing.

NO. That is not always true. The ones that is perceived to be popular tend to be the ones who are SHOVED DOWN YOUR THROAT NONSTOP or the ones whose material is easliy accessible.

We have unlimited access to EVERYTHING Hal Jordan. Because there is SOMEBODY willing to write a story on him, include him in a story, throw him on a product and so on. With little to NO resistance by those who approve such crap.
    Also you are not going to have an issue getting ACCESS or information about it.

If I want a Hal Jordan shirt-I can get an OFFICIAL one. I go to my library and check out his trades and KEEP them for over 6 months. I can go to my LOCAL stores and see stuff with him. I can dig in bins and get his book CHEAP. I do NOT have to commission someone to do a drawing of Hal because there are already PRINTS of him.
    So it EASIER to get him "liked" by folks because there is not lack of resources to do so.

When we talk POC that is a DIFFERENT beast. There is push back NONSTOP & EXCUSES. There is also a lack of resources and promotion. In some cases folks have to FORCED to do something with POC.
    I can't do the above with 100% of POC of DC.
    Now the cartoon and movie versions-different story. However what good are they when it does not SHOW in the comics.
    One of the MAJOR complaint is "I like (INSERT BLACK PERSON) but can't FIND anything with them in it."
    Out of sight EQUALS out of mind.

Gene Luen Yang is a successful writer. Also New Superman was one of DC top sellers in trades on Amazon.

The issue is FANS and FAKE FANS. Look at Batman & The Outsiders. Batman is barely in the book. Yet for that book to bet shelf space his name has to be on it or we will see TROLLS attack a book starring 4 POC.
    So unless DC is going to take a stand and INVEST like Marvel has-nothing will change. Black Panther held a solo for 15 out of the last 21 years for a reason.
    Exactly. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Hal Jordan comes off as dull and generic to me, and the author shared those same “opinions”, who wrote the Green Lantern article on this CBR website. But that doesn’t mean that Hal Jordan doesn’t deserve to have his own book. The Hal Jordan character is popular and have a fanbase. John Stewart also have a fanbase and is also popular. Just because one is appealing to you or me, doesn’t mean that they do not deserve to have their own ongoings. And since you brought up Robert Venditti on pushing John Stewart as Corps leader, Scott Snyder seems to disagree with you.
    Wait, you mean that same author that I once got a temporary ban for calling him a "hack", because he wrote a 3-page article where he literally ranted about how much Hal Jordan sucked? I can only imagine how John Stewart fans would react if their favorite was a subject of a piece like that. Which would naturally never happen.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-23-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wait, you mean that same "author" that I once got a temporary ban for calling him a "hack", because he wrote a 3-page article where he literally ranted about how much Hal Jordan sucked? I can only imagine how John Stewart fans would react if their favorite was a subject of an article like that. Which would naturally never happen.
    Johnny, it was that author's views and opinions. It was very subjective. But just because the author said that, doesn't mean Hal Jordan does not deserve to have his own comic. That was the whole point. Of course if that was said about John Stewart on a popular said article, it would be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Johnny, it was that author's views and opinions. It was very subjective. But just because the author said that, doesn't mean Hal Jordan does not deserve to have his own comic. That was the whole point. Of course if that was said about John Stewart on a popular said article, it would be much worse.
    Sure thing and I agree about any popular characters deserving to have their own book irregardless of certain personal opinions, I just remembered vividly that particular article since I've never seen any other comic character, legacy or otherwise, get an article like that on a site like this before. Just makes you think, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sure thing and I agree about any popular characters deserving to have their own book irregardless of certain personal opinions, I just remembered vividly that particular article since I've never seen any other comic character, legacy or otherwise, get an article like that on a site like this before. Just makes you think, that's all.
    Oh yea, definitely I would admit I was surprised reading that article.