Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

The dead characters who should be alive... Space phantoms
    The alive characters who should be dead... Space phantoms
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Gah I love The Upstarts

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    What would Jean have done in her situation? Tortured for weeks on end, unable to use her powers, completely isolated, unable to kill herself. What would Jean have done?
    Probably go Dark Phoenix on their butts lol

Also I really like the idea of Emma setting the stage for the Hickman era. Emma does something monumental and the X-Men return to an entirely new status quo cue The Maker Xavier coming in with his grand plan for the future of the mutant race.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-15-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Also I really like the idea of Emma setting the stage for the Hickman era. Emma does something monumental and the X-Men return to an entirely new status quo cue The Maker Xavier coming in with his grand plan for the future of the mutant race.
    Why on earth would you (and others in this thread) think something like this would happen here in Uncanny?

Surely Hickman will write whatever big shift that is about the happen in HOX/POX, that's what it's for after all, setting the stage for the next era of X-stories. If you have to read other stories first it would be a failure right out of the gates, not a good jumping on point for new and lapsed readers.

I can really only see Uncanny/AoX ending with a status quo close to the one Hickman starts with, but that's all. Will be nothing that special about it, certainly not turning all humans to mutants or similar.

Astonishing Member

I am not a fan of seeing a very large number of mutants that used to be dead alive with not explanation

And something else could have been done with Fitzroy, because the last we saw of him was the Ruby Summers story of PAD. In the future he is a hero, and the boyfriend of Ruby Summers, until he is killed, and Layla Miller is forced to resurrect him without a soul to save mutantkind. Having no soul is what corrupted him, made him evil, and eventually made him travel to the past, kill the Hellions, etc

Astonishing Member

pics dont show
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The X-Men is a serial thing, though. Even if it doesn’t directly cause something in the HiX-Men, they aren’t gonna make a story where Emma does something to break the moral event horizon only for it to go nowhere.
    Agreed. They've known about Hickman's arrival for a year so I'm sure they set things up to lead into his work. We already have the reveal of Emma controlling Anole so these stories are connected. Looking forward to what else this issue will reveal.

Not that this is specific to the story we're reading, but a reader/fan posted this in a Facebook group and I thought it was interesting. I didn't read Avengers Disassembled so I don't know how accurate he is but:

"In Avengers Disassembled, the team lived a nightmare as it was under the simultaneous attacks from all their classic and deadly foes, thanks to Scarlet Witch losing her mind and letting her emotions control her powers. Several Avengers died.
    It gave way for a team of New Avengers.
    And after X-men Disassembled, the team is confronting a lot of their classic and deadly foes. Several X-men die.
    Am I the only one to see the similitudes and think it is not a coincidence (and thinking disassembled fit the current state of the team better than the previous multi-writers arc)?"

He then posted these two covers side by side:
    s233637172428928694_p229_i1_w1181.jpg New_Avengers_Vol_1_1.jpg

Just posting this in case any of you guys pick up on something that connects the two. Hopefully it's not revealed that Wanda is behind all of this or I'll be pretty pissed. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    pics dont show
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...anny-x-men-20/

Mighty Member

Once again the Emma fans hyping themselves up over what they think/want to happen. You'd think after last issue's reveal of Emma giving away the vaccine and helping Callahan hunt fellow mutants to save herself when they all thought she had this master plan to save mutantkind would have made them cautious. But nope, more wild theories about Emma's master plan and how she is setting the stage for Hickman's run. And when none of that happens then the complaints of bad writing and Marvel's hatred of Emma begins. This desire to have Emma be at the center of everything is tiresome, yes Hickman likes her and yes she will have a role to play going forward but to suggest she's the catalyst for Hickman's grand plans is reaching. Same goes for Rosenberg's final issues, she has her part to play on the outcome but so does Scott, Logan and the others. But if thinking that Emma's the savior of mutants and this is all some long game scheme she's orchestrating makes you feel good then have at it. Cyclops and Wolverine are the leads of Uncanny not Emma, Rosenberg is not going to chump them to push Emma and whatever the final outcome is I suspect it will play no part in Hickman's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Not that this is specific to the story we're reading, but a reader/fan posted this in a Facebook group and I thought it was interesting. I didn't read Avengers Disassembled so I don't know how accurate he is but:

"In Avengers Disassembled, the team lived a nightmare as it was under the simultaneous attacks from all their classic and deadly foes, thanks to Scarlet Witch losing her mind and letting her emotions control her powers. Several Avengers died.
    And after X-men Disassembled, the team is confronting a lot of their classic and deadly foes. Several X-men die.
    Am I the only one to see the similitudes and think it is not a coincidence (and thinking disassembled fit the current state of the team better than the previous multi-writers arc)?"

Just posting this in case any of you guys pick up on something that connects the two. Hopefully it's not revealed that Wanda is behind all of this or I'll be pretty pissed. :-)
    Do not worry, it's not going to be Wanda, it's going to be Xavier. That's why it's House of X and not House of M.

The story have nothing to do with the Avengers Disassembled. But I get the idea of a traumatic event leading to a new age.
    It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    What would Jean have done in her situation? Tortured for weeks on end, unable to use her powers, completely isolated, unable to kill herself. What would Jean have done?
    Sacrifice is nothing new to Jean. But she has nothing to do with this

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Nice find. I guess it is Xavier doing? There is a bigger villain on the shadows
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-15-2019 at 08:24 AM.