Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Once again the Emma fans hyping themselves up over what they think/want to happen. You'd think after last issue's reveal of Emma giving away the vaccine and helping Callahan hunt fellow mutants to save herself when they all thought she had this master plan to save mutantkind would have made them cautious. But nope, more wild theories about Emma's master plan and how she is setting the stage for Hickman's run. And when none of that happens then the complaints of bad writing and Marvel's hatred of Emma begins. This desire to have Emma be at the center of everything is tiresome, yes Hickman likes her and yes she will have a role to play going forward but to suggest she's the catalyst for Hickman's grand plans is reaching. Same goes for Rosenberg's final issues, she has her part to play on the outcome but so does Scott, Logan and the others. But if thinking that Emma's the savior of mutants and this is all some long game scheme she's orchestrating makes you feel good then have at it. Cyclops and Wolverine are the leads of Uncanny not Emma, Rosenberg is not going to chump them to push Emma and whatever the final outcome is I suspect it will play no part in Hickman's run.
    You seem sour about all of this. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not an Emma fan but I like the theories being proposed. What do you think that text box on page 1 of this issue means? "And if I am right none of this will matter. The world will no longer need the X-Men".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You seem sour about all of this. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not an Emma fan but I like the theories being proposed. What do you think that text box on page 1 of this issue means? "And if I am right none of this will matter. The world will no longer need the X-Men".
    I don't know how much of this has been a plan or how much is just her reacting to Callahan the best she can, but I think as of now she is hoping to do something like making so many mutants that they can't be oppressed, and so many that they don't need protection. Emma wants to build schools, not super teams.

Now, that does not mean she succeeds. At best we get to a point closer to where Morrison left off. We have mutants everywhere, they are again the future now. But that is not the beginning of Hickman's story, that is just the end of Decimation, finally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Once again the Emma fans hyping themselves up over what they think/want to happen. You'd think after last issue's reveal of Emma giving away the vaccine and helping Callahan hunt fellow mutants to save herself when they all thought she had this master plan to save mutantkind would have made them cautious. But nope, more wild theories about Emma's master plan and how she is setting the stage for Hickman's run. And when none of that happens then the complaints of bad writing and Marvel's hatred of Emma begins. This desire to have Emma be at the center of everything is tiresome, yes Hickman likes her and yes she will have a role to play going forward but to suggest she's the catalyst for Hickman's grand plans is reaching. Same goes for Rosenberg's final issues, she has her part to play on the outcome but so does Scott, Logan and the others. But if thinking that Emma's the savior of mutants and this is all some long game scheme she's orchestrating makes you feel good then have at it. Cyclops and Wolverine are the leads of Uncanny not Emma, Rosenberg is not going to chump them to push Emma and whatever the final outcome is I suspect it will play no part in Hickman's run.
    I mean it's just a bit of fun theorizing I'm not sure why you're taking it so seriously and talking down to people. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean it's just a bit of fun theorizing I'm not sure why you're taking it so seriously and talking down to people. Chill out.
    I just hope that Emma has a good plan for saving everyone. I think more than that I really want Ruth to be still alive. Her suicide at the beginning of this run really gutted me and I just want the poor girl to come back again. I hope she gets a chance to come back.

I do think that the events in Uncanny, X-Force, and AoXM Omega are going to lead into HoX #1 in some way. Something is going to happen in the final issues that interconnects the stories I think.

I am happy that most of these villains are back, I don't really care how they are back. X-men has a villain problem imo and the more of them they are around being effective the less likely Magneto or Emma has to be forced back to being a villain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am happy that most of these villains are back, I don't really care how they are back. X-men has a villain problem imo and the more of them they are around being effective the less likely Magneto or Emma has to be forced back to being a villain.
    True the X-men have a shed load of villains that they don't utilize and even create more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Emma Forced Villain

This is a weird combination of words

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma Forced Villain

I think he means that at this point Magneto and Emma have so much history as members of the X-Men that most readers can't see them in any other way anymore. Even when they are outside the X-Men they are still characters people can empathize with. I think what he meant was that the X-Men need more villains who will never ever join the X-Men. Both Emma and Magneto always have one foot back in the door and are always on the verge of just rejoining with the group again.

In both of their black issues they were portrayed as people making harder decisions for the greater good. Magneto became a terrorist again to direct the government's hate at himself after he saw what happened in the future. In the process he would attack all the detention centers where mutants were being held and freeing them. In Emma's black issue she found out that Sebastian was using the HFC against mutants again, so she organized a way with the X-Men to take down the HFC leadership and Emma took the HFC from Sebastian. What has Emma done with the HFC since, well she built schools for mutants and stopped funding Sentinel technology and began working on plans to protect and defend mutants if things got really bad.

Emma and Magneto will always be one step away from joining the X-Men, because they don't see the X-Men as their enemies, they don't even want to hurt the X-Men.

Emma has been an X-Men for so many years that the debate about whether she should be a villain seems absurd to me now.

Should Hawkeye, Black Widow or even Rogue be villains?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma Forced Villain

Well many feel it is forced for her to be villainous when she's been on the X-side for many years thus far. I am cool with her & Magneto going back the more villainous route because at least they're good at it. They have danger, prescience, and are overall respected. Add Apocalypse & Sinister to the list and they're legit.

They make more sense as villains than the likes of Creed, who doesn't don't have anything close to the prescience he used to. Give the X-Men some villains that actually pose a threat & require some effort defeating. Omega Red is a similar case. I even read someone on here stating how weird it is to see him being a threat in Age of X when he's been beaten up so effortless & often in recent years. That's another villain demoted to a jobbing punching bag, despite being introduced as a complete beast.

The X-Men Rogue Gallery is pathetic. The only solid villains to be had are Magneto, Emma, Sinister, Mystique, and Apocalypse. lol

The X-Office needs to step up their game on villains. Actually utilize them better. Give them prescience, make them a threat, show why they need to be fear or respected. Let them come out on top & win some exchanges. Give them some real personality that can make you enjoy or fear them when they appear on panel.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-16-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Mighty Member

I'm sure Tv Tropes calls Emma's status as the "Heel-Face Revolving Door."

The rogues gallery started dying when they killed Leland.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That’s probably more reserved for Daken. Emma only flip-flopped twice, and the second time she did it, the fandom exploded.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The rogues gallery started dying when they killed Leland.
    The Rogue Gallery starts dying when you have the overly sensitive PC nature of today going on. Villains that are "offensive" get watered down & turned into jokes so that they can be used without making fans uncomfortable. lol

• I think someone mentioned Hydra fell victim to it. Some thought they were a play on Nazis, then they became stupidly evil imbeciles.
    • Omega Red was hinted to be a rapist I think. Heard this, but not sure. And on top of it I hear one story alluded to him as a pedophile. Too offensive, so they water him down to an easily beatable brute.
    • Sabretooth was nowhere close to PC back in his glory days, now he's a complete joke, starting with Austen making him a wannabe villain. He abused Birdy, now he's the Birdy in his relationship to Mystique.

Probably more examples. But going further, we're also in the age where "Good Guys Automatically Win", and that can be fine for a family film and series. But in grittier stories, the villains need to WIN some. That's what makes them dangerous. If they always get beaten down in 2 sec & the heroes don't even see them as threats, , what's the point of even having them? Just show the heroes eating ice-cream in paradise for all of what trouble the villains cause. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-16-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Gambit has flip flopped more then Emma.